Turn your Samsung Galaxy Note II, s3 or s4 into a wifi hotspot to share internet with your laptop wirelessly
Edited by Eng, Melsan, Maria, Calob Horton and 10 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 When I turning on my WiFi my mobile tethering hotspot going off but why?
- 1.2 Verizon S3 mobile hotspot not working?
- 1.3 Sir, I want to turn on WiFi and my hotspot at a time (both) on my Android phone, how can I do that?
- 1.4 Hi, when I try to switch on my tethering, it automatically switches off and gives an error message?
- 1.5 When I turn on WiFi then it automatically gets turned off and WiFi is not working?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
When I turning on my WiFi my mobile tethering hotspot going off but why?
WiFi and hotspot problem for Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
Normally, when you turn on both feature of the phone one or the other should not get disabled. If you have other Samsung Galaxy phone and if you noticed before upon enabling both features it should not affect one or the other.
There are three possible reasons why you are encountering this kind of problem. It could be with the operating system, an added feature to the latest update or it could be a feature that has been set by a network provider if the phone was a postpaid plan.
It is possible that this is an added feature for your phone's operating system. However, there are no reports, and this is the first report that has been posted online that whenever you turn on your WiFi, your tethering would get turn off to prioritize the WiFi connectivity and for power saving as well.
If the phone does not have the latest Operating system, then you may have to update the phone and check if it has the same thing. You may also need to back up the phone data to a computer then perform a Factory Reset and see if it does the same.
If your phone was provided by a network provider as a postpaid plan, they might set restriction. There are some network provider who would set restrictions to their customer; it is best that you contact your network provider and inquire if they have such restriction.
If the last two failed then this could be an added feature for your Samsung phone which is only normal. If you want to isolate this kind of feature if it's an added or just happening to your phone. You can check with your friends or relatives or to any person that you know who has the same phone as your and check it with them if they have the same feature as yours that way you would know if this is only on your phone or a normal feature.
Verizon S3 mobile hotspot not working?
When I turn my Verizon S3 mobile hotspot it shows validation error and I am from India and I am using another SIM card and using this phone in global mode
Verizon has a Support page for using Global Mode while traveling. You will need to set it to GSM and then have only HSPA selected in WWAN.
Sir, I want to turn on WiFi and my hotspot at a time (both) on my Android phone, how can I do that?
I get that turning hotspot will turn off your WiFi. How can I overcome this problem? I have tried: I have no idea about this. I think it was caused by: I have no idea about this
There is no way (at least currently) to turn both hotspot and WiFi on at the same time.
Hi, when I try to switch on my tethering, it automatically switches off and gives an error message?
My Samsung Note2 is refusing to switch on hotspot tethering, when I switch it on it immediately turns off and gives an "error message, please help
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: Hotspot issues, can't connect laptop to the internet using my phone as a hotspot
When I turn on WiFi then it automatically gets turned off and WiFi is not working?
I have Samsung Galaxy S2, when I turn on WiFi, it automatically gets turned off and WiFi is not working
Here are some things to do to solve your dropped WiFi:
- 1This is a fast fix for many Galaxy phones that begin to drop WiFi.Try enabling and disabling Airplane mode a few times.
- 2It could be your router that is the issue and not the phone.Test your WiFi on a public network or friend/family's house to see if it is disabling there.
- 3Press the WPS button on your router while the phone is connecting to it.Reboot your router and enable the WiFi on your phone.
- 4Disable any Power Saving apps or settings you have enabled because these can override the WiFi.
- 5Disable the Smart Switch setting on your phone.
- 6Go into Advanced Settings on your phone and make sure that Keep WiFi ON during Sleep is enabled.
- 7Make sure the date and time are correct on your phone.
- 8Clear the cache and data from the app.Go to Application Manager and find WiFi Direct.
- 9Put your phone into the Recovery and select Wipe Cache Partition.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Alma, cfoxntex, Hannah T