Edited by Anonymous, Alma, Eng, desprite12345 and 11 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 What drugs will reduce oil on the face?
- 1.2 How do I reduce oil on my face and maintain it for a longer duration?
- 1.3 I want to get rid of oiliness on my face, what should I do?
- 1.4 How to remove oil from my face? I cannot handle it?
- 1.5 How to reduce oil on my skin? Are there any natural methods to prevent producing oil on the face?
- 1.6 How to lessen the oiliness of my face that can cause a lot of whiteheads and blackheads to my nose?
- 1.7 How to reduce acne and also oily face?
- 1.8 How to permanently reduce men face oil, please answer me?
- 1.9 I don't get it, they said that only twice a day are the natural way of cleaning your face, but other say frequent wash you face, how can I remove or reduce my oiliness in order to avoid pimples or acne?
- 1.10 Can I get any medication to stop facial oil?
- 1.11 Why do I secrete a lot of oil while sleeping?
- 1.12 My face is always full of oil and dust, most of the time I have pimples on my face?
- 1.13 Day and Night Moisturizer Cream?
- 1.14 Reduction of sebum and enlarged pores, removal of acne and black spots?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
What drugs will reduce oil on the face?
There are as many drugs available drugs in the market in treating drugs as you can probably count. However, if you're looking for products that really help, try the drugs below:
- Accutane (isotretinoin). This drug works efficiently and far better that most products in clearing up stubborn or disfiguring acne as it shrinks sebaceous glands, take it properly though as it can also cause adverse effects on your face when used improperly.
- Birth Control Pills. While we do not strongly recommend this, women with over productive sebaceous glands can also consider forms of birth control pills as well as spironolactone, a kind of diuretic (water pill) that is typically used to treat heart disease. It works by assisting in the regulation of testosterone and other similar hormones.
These drugs counteract the acne-causing impact of male hormones in the body. Newer treatments for severe acne includes the use of zinc or light. If your case in particular is not (bad) enough to warrant getting a prescription, you may want to try utilizing jojoba oil to your face regularly. While this treatment is not scientifically proven, it can actually help your skin control its oily issues. Some people believe that jojoba matches the composition of our skin's sebum, so closely that it can "trick" our skin into thinking that it's oily enough, thereby getting our sebaceous glands to slow down its oil production.
There are a number of medications your doctor can prescribe to help treat oily skin. My personal recommendation though is to just thoroughly wash your skin daily. Often times the medication for acne has some awful side effects and just is not worth it.
Here are some tips on caring for you skin.
1. Choose a good gentle cleanser
2. Try to avoid "over-cleaning" your skin. You don't want to irritate your skin
3. Try to keep your face lotion on your face in the winter
4. Make sure to use the right cleanser for your skin. You can talk to your doctor to find the right things for you.
See more questions like this: Solution to reduce oil on my face
How do I reduce oil on my face and maintain it for a longer duration?
Hi am a 25 year old woman. I have a very oily skin because of which my face looks dull in just 20 minutes of the time after I cleanse it. Feeling difficult to manage oil free. How do I reduce oil on my face?
Twice a week use either an exfoliating face wash or use this recipe to using green tea Save the liquid from the green tea to use as a toner on your face twice a day after you wash your face. You can brew the tea and keep it in your refrigerator in a spray bottle to mist on your face or use a cotton ball to apply.
I want to get rid of oiliness on my face, what should I do?
My face becomes oily and I don't like it because it causes acne and pimples...despite washing my face 2 times a day it continue to become oily. Can I use a towel or paper toilet to remove oil on my face during the day?
Suggest to me some help please
First, change your facial cleanser. If you use a bar soap or harsh facial cleanser this can actually increase the oil production. Look for a facial cleanser with salicylic acid. Use aloe vera juice as a primer before applying makeup. If you still have to keep the shine under control throughout the day, take a small amount of translucent powder and a tissue and blot. This will soak up the oil but you do not want to use too much powder because that will dry out your face and send the oil glands into production again.
How to remove oil from my face? I cannot handle it?
It is keeping me from facing and meeting people.
Make an Oily Skin Mask is a VisiHow article with a recipe for a face mask to control oily skin. Take some of the tips from the above answers like using Green Tea as a toner daily. Use an oil free moisturizer or Coconut Oil because your face needs to moisturizer to stop the increased oil production. If you are out in the sun, apply a facial sunscreen.
Eliminate spicy foods from your diet and decrease dairy products. Sugary foods can also increase oil production. Consider looking into the Paleo Diet because eating clean foods will help clear up your skin. You need to start from the inside out to control your oil production.
How to reduce oil on my skin? Are there any natural methods to prevent producing oil on the face?
My skin produces excessive oil. it starts producing oil just after few minutes of the bath
Soak cucumbers and lemon slices in green tea. Make a spray bottle with the mixture and mist your body after you bathe. Allow the mist to dry then apply a lotion that contains oatmeal or make your own using oatmeal milk and coconut oil. You do not want to add too much oatmeal milk and the coconut oil will dry on your skin and not cause excess oil.
See more questions like this: Hi, I have very oily skin would like to slow down sebum production if possible?
How to lessen the oiliness of my face that can cause a lot of whiteheads and blackheads to my nose?
Please help me so that I can fix my pimple and acne problems
Get Rid of Black Heads is a VisiHow article with information on how to treat the blackheads. Consider using a face wash with tea tree oil and use the green tea mentioned above as a toner, especially around your nose. Twice a week use an exfoliating face scrub to remove dead skin cells and clear out any bacteria trying to form the blackheads. You can use baking soda as a gentle exfoliant that will get down into the pores.
How to reduce acne and also oily face?
I have tried few products when my skin was healthy. That's where the problem started. The last product I used was Royal Expert whitening cream (last year). After some time I started to have pimples. So, I stopped that cream. But until now I'm having pimples. At the same time (last year) I was also taking green tea every morning. Now I have stopped it too. I'm not sure which caused me to look so weird! Could you help me?
Drinking Green Tea will not cause acne. Most likely the whitening cream changed the PH balance on your skin. Get it back by applying Apple Cider Vinegar lightly to your oily skin after you bathe. The scent will dissipate as it dries but you could add an essential oil like Tea Tree to cut down on the scent. Here are some more VisiHow articles to treat your acne:
- Control Acne and Uneven Skin Tone
- Treat Pimples or Acne in Natural Way
- Make an Acne Mask at Home
- Clear up Acne
How to permanently reduce men face oil, please answer me?
I am very upset with my this problem, my face is always suffering from oil and sweat
Men suffer from excess oil production on the face just like women and there are a few things you can do about it. #Wash your face twice a day with a cleanser that contains salicylic acid. Do not use bar soaps on your face.
- 1Apply an oil free moisturizer.You can buy one specifically for men or use an over the counter one but make sure it says oil free. Believe it or not, men benefit from facial moisturizer just like women do. Many of the products contain a sunscreen which helps with excess oil production.
- 2Exfoliate your face twice a week.You can use the green tea face scrub posted in an above answer or buy one over the counter.
- 3Apply Aloe Vera gel to your face each night before bed.
- 4Do not use aftershaves that contain alcohol, menthol or peppermint.
I don't get it, they said that only twice a day are the natural way of cleaning your face, but other say frequent wash you face, how can I remove or reduce my oiliness in order to avoid pimples or acne?
My pimples multiply everyday and I want to rid of it, and then if I just don't pay attention to it, and just leave it , it will become an acne, I want have a healthy face skin without expenses, and naturally.
Cleansing your face in the AM and PM is all that is needed and if you have acne you do not want to wash more than that because it can actually cause more acne. There are articles posted above about acne facemasks and other treatments. Use a facial cleanser like this one [[ Make Cleanser for Dry Skin, Oily Skin and Acne Prone Skin]].
See more questions like this: My face is always oily and produces pimples even though I wash my face 3x a day. How can you help me to reduce oily face
Can I get any medication to stop facial oil?
I have a whole lot of facial oil, it spoils my makeup and make my face look dirty, I have tried a whole lot of facial cleansers just to reduce the quantity of facial oil but all to no avail
You need to use some sort of toner like green tea and an oil free moisturizer. When applying makeup use either a mattifying primer or aloe vera gel which will help with the oil production from wearing makeup. Adjust your diet to eat more Paleo and avoid spicy foods.
Why do I secrete a lot of oil while sleeping?
I secrete oil during sleep and feel kind off greasy while waking up at morning. Please help me reduce it! Thanks!
While you sleep, your skin repairs itself. You should be applying an oil free moisturizer or aloe vera gel to your skin before bed to help with the oil production. Your skin thinks it is dry so starts producing excess oil and that is why you wake up with oily skin. If you have long hair, secure it in a pony tail. The hair products we use can irritate our face causing the oil production while we sleep.
My face is always full of oil and dust, most of the time I have pimples on my face?
My face is always full of oil and dust, most of the time I have pimples on my face.. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Don't know
Start exfoliating your face twice a week. Wash your face with a gentle face cleanser in the AM and PM. Try the green tea mist as a toner and then apply an oil free moisturizer. Use a face mask for acne prone skin twice a week. Consider using a facial moisturizer that contains tea tree oil which can naturally cure up your acne. Avoid oily and spicy foods. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day and eliminate beverages like soda from your daily routine.
Day and Night Moisturizer Cream?
Hi, I was wondering if it's okay to use an Oil-Free Moisturizer during day time and at night time use a Moisturizer that has oil in it?. I have tried: I'm using Nivea night cream rich essentials and Nivea oil-free day cream
You could do that as long as your face does not become excessively oily. If you are concerned about the cream then use the green tea as a toner before applying the cream. Start using the cream sparingly until you find a happy medium of moisturizing yet not too oily.
Reduction of sebum and enlarged pores, removal of acne and black spots?
My face is always very oily and its very embarrassing, this has also lead to a break out, acne and black spots all over my face. Please I want to know if there is a drug I can take to reduce sebum and also reduce enlarged pores. I have tried: Carotone, Skinel, fruits, and other products. I think it was caused by: Hereditary, sebum
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Maria, Ryan Cruz, rashique