Wear Eye Makeup with Dark Vampy Lipstick
Edited by MsBarbs, Inukshuk, Eng
Hi, I am Kara and you are watching VisiHow. In this video, I will show you how to do the nude look to go with dark lips. You can also call this dark berry lips, drunk lips, or vamp lips. Normally, you would wear dark lips if you are going out, if you are having a prom, or going out to a party. In these cases you would wear a bright eye makeup, darker shadows, and applying black eyeliner. However if you were to use dark lipstick in the daytime I would recommend not overloading your eyes. That is what we are going to do today by just applying slightly nude eyeshadows to go with dark lips.
- 1I already have my eyebrows done and my facial powder applied. Let's start by applying white highlights under the eyebrow. This will be a very easy and fast way to complete this type of look. If you do not want to look like a clown or if you don't want to look out of place when wearing dark lipstick then this is the makeup for you.I will be using an Avon palette.Advertisement
- 11We are finished applying eyeshadow, and since we are not applying any eyeliner we do want to apply our favorite mascara. This will help to define our eyes. Let's create some eyelashes now. I am using Avon's super shock mascara. It's very important to have well-defined eyebrows, but not too dark and not too heavy. If you are uncertain about how to do this you can watch my other video define your eyebrows with dipbrow pomade which uses Anastasia's dipbrow pomade. This mascara brush works really well. It might take a while to apply, but it slowly creates the effect that I am looking for. If you have a set of fake lashes you can apply those as well. I also have a tutorial on how to apply fake lashes, which you can view by searching for how to apply fake lashes using tweezers, or you could click this link.Apply mascara.
- 13After I finished doing my eyelashes I am going to apply some concealer under my eyes to help hide the dark circles. I need to do that for two main reasons. The first reason is that wearing dark lipstick highlights all the dark spots on your face or any other imperfections like pimples. You can also watch me covering up my dark circles in another video, you are welcome to search for it, or you can click this link to view it.Apply mascara to the left eye's eyelashes.
- 15My eyes are done. They look slightly naked but that is what we were going for. Just dot the concealer along the under eye area up to the end of your eyebrow. I am using the Flormar, it is a long-lasting concealer from a budget Italian brand. You don't always have to go for the expensive or brand name makeup to achieve the effect that you want. We are done with the eyes.Apply concealer to the under eye circles.
- 16Now we are going to move to all and last step which is to apply our dark lipstick. This lipstick is a slightly dark berry or wine color, which I love. Most women use this color for evening looks, but I choose to use it during the day as well. I see a messed up a little on the bottom lip, but we will fix it.Apply lipstick.
- 17This look proves that. You can wear dark berry lips during the daytime as long as you keep your eyes light and not too loaded down with makeup. Thank you for watching VisiHow. My name is Kara, and if you have any questions, have any suggestions, or would like more tips on makeup and beauty, please, leave your comments and questions in the section below. Thank you, bye-bye.You don't have to wait for evening or a special occasion to look good, to wear things that you like, or things that you think are not suitable for any other time.Advertisement
Video: Get Vamp Lips with Nude Makeup
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Wear Eye Makeup with Dark or Vampy Lips/Lipstick. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Wear_Eye_Makeup_with_Dark_or_Vampy_Lips/Lipstick
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Wear Eye Makeup with Dark or Vampy Lips/Lipstick." VisiHow, visihow.com/Wear_Eye_Makeup_with_Dark_or_Vampy_Lips/Lipstick Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Wear Eye Makeup with Dark or Vampy Lips/Lipstick." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Wear_Eye_Makeup_with_Dark_or_Vampy_Lips/Lipstick.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, MsBarbs