Watch Netflix on TV Using a Computer
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Graeme
You can use your computer to stream Netflix directly from your TV. To do it, you need to make sure you have the right cables and adapters to be able to use your TV as a secondary monitory. Follow the procedures below in order to stream Netflix on TV using your computer.
Connect computer to TV
- 2Most computers have a digital visual interface (DVI) output that is compatible with the listed resolution inputs above. You may need to buy and adapter cable though since DVI is not the same standards as HDMI, SVGA or VGA. Depending on your video input, you may need to get any of these adapters.Check the outputs of your computer's video card.Advertisement
- HDMI to DVI adapter cable
- SVGA to DVI adapter cable
- VGA to DVI adapter cable
- 4Turn off your TV and your computer.
- 5Connect both devices using the appropriate cable.
- 6Extend your computer's screen to your TV by following these steps:Turn on both of your devices.
- Go to "Properties" by right-clicking on a blank location on your desktop.
- Go to "Settings"
- Choose the two secondary monitors option and put a check mark in the box beside "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor."
- You can adjust the resolution of monitor two (TV) to a higher resolution for better video quality.
- Click on "OK" to save and close settings.
- 7You should see your Windows desktop on it.Switch your TV to input mode.
- 8Open Netflix from your computer's web browser, then drag your browser to the right until it cannot be seen from your computer.
- 9You've just successfully streamed Netflix on your TV from your computer.Congratulations!Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.