Wash Makeup Brushes at Home
Edited by Kara, MsBarbs, Eng
Hi, you are watching VisiHow. In this video, I will show you how to wash your makeup brushes. Your makeup brushes get dirty through regular use and you have to clean them. A professional makeup artist taught me how to clean my brushes.
- 2Wash the facial powder brushes first.You want to begin with the brushes that were used to apply the dry textures, as they will have a lighter product residue on them. This brush was used for facial powder and is a natural bristled brush. We will be gradually moving toward the brushes, which have more product residue on them. You can see that the water has already become dirty. You want to begin with the brushes that have the least amount of residue so you will not have to change the water as frequently.Advertisement
- 4The next brush I am going to wash is the blush brush.I am putting it into the water and washing it very gently. We need to make sure that all of the residual product is removed from the hairs of the brush. Squeeze it gently to remove the excess water. While you are squeezing the excess water out try not to bend the bristles out of shape.
- 5Wash the eye shadow brush that you use with the lighter colored eye shadow.Next, I want to wash the eye shadow brush that is used with the lighter eye shadows. We need to wash it thoroughly, but you should not put too much soap into the water. The water needs to be slightly soapy. Squeeze the excess water out of the eye shadow brush and lay it onto the towel.
- 6Begin to wash the synthetic brushes.Once you have washed all of the natural bristled makeup brushes you can move onto cleaning the synthetic bristled brushes. The synthetic bristles are used to apply creamy makeup and are dirtier than the brushes we have already cleaned. These brushes are thicker and you have to pay closer attention to make sure that all the residual product is removed. As you can see there is still some product left in the bristles, so it needs to be washed more. Dip the brush into the water then squeeze the excess out. Check to make sure all the product has been thoroughly removed, squeeze out the excess water, and lay the brush onto the towel.
- 8I have two brushes left; this one has been used on red creamy textures like lipstick.I need to wash it a little bit differently than I did the others. Since, this brush is used on thick creamy textures I will need to use a napkin to wipe off the excess product as well. So, I wash it off, wipe it on the napkin, and then wash it again. This technique helps to remove the residual lipstick from the bristles.
- 12Move on to the next brush.After you squeeze out the excess water, place the brush onto the towel and move on to the next brush. It does not really matter at this point what order you rinse the brushes off in, because you have already removed the bulk of the dirt by washing them. This process is just to remove the soap.
- 15Dry the brushes.We do not stick the brushes back into the case wet and let them air dry. You never want to allow your brushes to dry while the bristles are sticking upward because this will cause the bristles to frizz in all directions. What we are going to do instead is to pat each brush with the towel.
- 20Wait until the brushes dry.We have now washed, rinsed, and reshaped our brushes. Now, we will leave them on the towel until they completely dry. You do not use a hairdryer or fan to dry them. Just let them lay on the towel to dry. Thank you for watching VisiHow. This is Kara. If you have any questions, about makeup and beauty, please leave them in the section below. Thank you, bye-bye.Advertisement
Video: Wash Makeup Brushes at Home
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Wash Makeup Brushes at Home. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Wash_Makeup_Brushes_at_Home
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Wash Makeup Brushes at Home." VisiHow, visihow.com/Wash_Makeup_Brushes_at_Home Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Wash Makeup Brushes at Home." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Wash_Makeup_Brushes_at_Home.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Kara