Wake Up Early when you need to
Edited by Seighart, Charmed, Nate Pepperell, Eng and 3 others
This article will give you some useful tips on how to wake up and prepare yourself for an early appointment or meeting. If you have somewhere important to be in the morning and you cannot be late, follow these helpful tips.
In order to wake up early in the morning it takes a great deal of discipline for without being disciplined and willing to wake up you will really not have any motivation to wake up in the morning. Some people actually rely on coffee to wake up in the morning and while this is not a bad thing to rely on you will in fact develop a tolerance against coffee making you have to drink over three cups of coffee to fully wake yourself up in the morning. If you set up a alarm without having discipline you can often resort to smacking the alarm numerous times before you actually wake up from the alarm in the morning not helping the process. Below are ways that you can train yourself and develop discipline/motivation to help wake yourself up in the morning.
Ways to Practice the act of waking up in the morning
In order to practice waking up in the morning you will need to in fact train yourself in being a morning bird to help assist you in waking up in the morning for your activities. Following these steps can help you in order to train your body and mind in waking up at a decent time in the morning rather than sleeping the day away on a daily basis.
- 1Setting a time will allow you to have a goal to look forward to in waking up in the morning.Pick a time that you will like to wake up in the morning so that you can train yourself to wake up at the appropriate time in the morning.Advertisement
- 2If you continue to wake up at this time then your body will adjust to this time daily whether or not you have anything to do for the day.Train to wake up at this time daily rather than only doing it a couple of times a week even if you do not have any tasks to do for that day.Advertisement
- 3Understand that it will not take into effect instantly but instead it will help you gradually over time as long as you continue to train your body daily at waking up.
- 4Certain alarm clocks will go off without you hearing for you may be in a deep sleep which will not allow you to hear the alarm but by purchasing an alarm clock that can be heard will help aid you in being consistent in waking up in the morning.Use an alarm clock in order to wake you up daily but ensure that the alarm clock will need to be loud enough for you to hear in the morning so that it can alert you to wake up.
- 5Continue to train your body in waking up every day even on the weekends so that you can successfully train your body around the clock to help the process.
- 6When setting up your alarm clock ensure that you are setting the time to wake up earlier than normal for about thirty to fifteen minutes before the desired time of waking up in the morning.
- 7Understand that by trying to wake up at the exact target time you will in fact not be able to get up fully at this time so it is important that you set your alarm earlier than normal to help you to fully be awake at your target time.
- 8If you wish to gradually work your way up to your target time then you can start an hour before your target time ad practice to wake up daily.
- 9Then move your facial muscles by doing some gestures with your face. If you still can't get the will power to wake up, wait for the next snooze. When the alarm sounds again, for sure, you are a bit awake now from all your wiggling and shaking. Do the same procedure of moving your hands, feet and facial muscles. In several seconds, you will be ready to rise and shine.When your alarm clock sounds, try to shake your hands and feet a bit to get some circulating blood going.
- 10Get enough rest at night to help yourself wake up at a good amount of time so that you can successfully wake up on time in the morning while training your body to wake up in the morning.
- 11Maintain the same down time for yourself each night in order to keep consistent with the amount of sleep that you receive at night and also helping you to stay consistent in the time that you awake every morning during your training process.
- 12A song that you love can also be this tone for it may cause you sing yourself up during the process to ensure that you wake up in the morning.If possible set a song for your alarm clock so that you can wake up excited in the morning for this will give you motivation to wake up in the morning.
- 13Plan something special for the next day in order to help you to have something to look forward to in the morning to do for your day.
- 14Health benefits for waking up in the morning is that you are allowing your mind to jog earlier in the morning for tasks to waking up early in the morning to eat breakfast which can help your brain in the morning.When training think about all the good effects to your body that you providing for waking up early in the morning daily which can in fact help to better your health predicament.
Ways to help you sleep better to wake up earlier
Going to sleep on time will help you in order wake up on time in the morning in many ways for your sleep habits greatly affect your wake up habit. There are simple things that you can do at night in order to improve your wake up habit with ease by following the below steps.
- 1Taking a shower before you go to bed can help to soothe you into falling asleep quicker at night by putting your body at ease at night.Advertisement
- 2Drink a glass of warm milk in order to help soothe your body into going to sleep at night which can help you to wake up on time in the morning.
- 3Listening to music will help you in order to fall asleep at night but understand that it will depend on the type of music that you are listening to at night which can be classical music or nature sounds at night.
- 4Exercising will also help you to fall asleep at night for your body will be tired giving you a better chance of falling asleep on time at night.
- 5Reading a book can help to tired the brain giving you an easier mood to sleep in at night which is practiced by many people in their sleep routine.
- 6Darken the lighting in your room in order to help soothe yourself and the mood in order to help you to peacefully fall asleep at night.
- 7The TV can in fact hurt you in falling to sleep by also grabbing your attention to look and focus on the TV rather than falling asleep at night.Turn off your TV in your room for the lighting and sound can disturb you when trying to fall asleep at night.
- 8Turn your phones off at night so that you will not be disturbed at night when trying to successfully fall asleep for it can cause you to be distracted at night.
- 9For adults it is recommended to get 8 to 9 hours of sleep, pregnant women should get 8 to 10 hours of sleep and children/seniors should receive about 11 hours of sleep at night.Ensure that you are setting yourself up to get an adequate amount of sleep at night for there are a number of hours that are required in order to help you to get a great nights rest.
- 10Turn your thermostat to a comfortable setting while trying to sleep at night without a problem for the temperature you are at can help to allow you to sleep better.
- 11Set up your alarm clock away from your reach so that in order to turn the alarm clock off you will need to get up in order to stop if from ringing in the morning when you awake, set up the clock away from you at night before you go to sleep.
- 12Try your best not to rely on the snooze button on your alarm clock for this can cause you to bypass the need or urgency to get up in the morning.
- 13Caffeinated drink s will confuse the body into wanting to be awake when it is yet time to go to sleep.At night ensure that you are not drinking a lot of caffeinated drinks for these drink can cause you to not fall directly asleep at night.
Instructions on how to wake up early
- 1Always use a reliable alarm device to wake you up. You are depending on this device to wake you up at a suitable time so you are not running late. If your alarm clock/device does not work properly, you risk missing your appointment because the alarm did not wake you up when it was supposed to.Get Yourself A Good Alarm Clock.Advertisement
- 2Find out where you have to be and exactly what time you have to be there. This will determine what time you will need to get out of bed. Set your alarm and make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get ready and travel to your destination.Time management.
- 3You can help your time management in the morning by preparing the night before.Be prepared.
- 4Set multiple alarms or have a family member or friend call you at a specific time to make sure that you are awake.Have a back up plan.
- 5Make sure you get a good nights sleep by going to bed early. This will mean that your body gets more rest and you won't be tired in the morning when it's time to wake up.Get a good nights sleep.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Wake Up Early when you need to. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Wake_Up_Early_when_you_need_to
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Wake Up Early when you need to." VisiHow, visihow.com/Wake_Up_Early_when_you_need_to Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Wake Up Early when you need to." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Wake_Up_Early_when_you_need_to.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Jonathan, Ephraim, Eng