Utilize Banana As Home Remedies
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Jonathan, Eng and 2 others
Are you a fan of bananas? Some people have their reasons why they do or do not eat banana. Banana is a filling and delicious tropical fruit. It also offers nutritive elements that are great for the body.
A banana is well-packaged by nature. It has a solid, rich and creamy flesh that is gift-wrapped inside a firm inedible peel. When the plant of the banana grows, it can reach up to 10-26 feet in height. It is known to be a part of the Musaceae family. The fruit grows in clusters of 50-150, with individual fruits grouped in bundles, known as "hands," associated with 10 to 25 bananas.
- 1 Banana Nutritional Facts
- 2 Home Remedies Using Banana
- 3 What About the Banana Peel?
- 4 Home Remedies Utilizing Banana Peel
- 5 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- 6 Comments
Banana Nutritional Facts
Do you know that eating a banana is not only delicious, but is actually an excellent source of food nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, dietary fiber, and doses of potassium?
- 1Vitamin C:Advertisement
- 2Vitamin B6:Advertisement
- 4Dietary Fiber:
- Consuming banana every day aids in preventing muscle cramps.
- Potassium is also important in boosting bone health. It ensures optimal growth of muscle tissues and utilization of energy released during metabolism.
Home Remedies Using Banana
Banana is best eaten raw and makes a flavorful ingredient for smoothies. Stocking on bananas help you take advantage of its many health rewards and useful benefits as home remedies. How can bananas be used as home remedies?
Home remedies are home treatments that can assist to cure diseases or ailments that can be found in fruits, vegetables and household materials. In this case, we can utilize the banana for different home remedies. There are a lot of useful effects that the banana can have and some of these are the following:
Eating Raw Banana
One of the most basic and easiest ways to take advantage of its beneficial uses is to eat one to two pieces of banana per day. Consuming banana allows the body to absorb the many essential nutrients. As mentioned above, it can prevent a lot of diseases and ailments.
Banana is an excellent agent to moisturize and leave the skin feeling smooth with the help of its essential nutrients and minerals.
- 1-2 pieces of banana
- 1In a bowl, mash both banana and honey, making sure to thoroughly combine the key ingredients to make a perfect mask.Advertisement
- 2After mashing and blending, apply the banana-honey mask mixture into your face.
- 3Do not apply mask near the eye areas.Wearing an eye patch or a slice of cucumber will help protect the eyes.
- 4Leave for 10-15 minutes and cleanse it with warm water, followed by cold water.
- 5You will feel your skin become smoother and moisturized.
Constipation happens when bowel movements become less frequent or hard to eliminate. If not treated, constipation can lead to serious health conditions such as hemorrhoids, fecal impaction, lazy bowel syndrome, rectal prolapse and poisoning.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1Mash or finely cut up the banana using the blender.
- 2Add milk and honey.
- 3Blend again and serve.
Known to be rich in potassium, banana can also strengthen hair, minimize hair breakage and initiate repair for damaged hair. In addition, banana contains 75 percent water and natural oils, allowing hair to be moisturized.
Things you will need:
- A ripe banana
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- 1In a blender, cut the banana into small pieces
- 2Pour in 2 spoonfuls of coconut milk
- 3Add 1 spoonful of coconut oil (for individuals who are prone to frizzy dry hair - add another spoonful of coconut oil)
- 4Add 2 spoonfuls of honey
- 5Blend the ingredients for about 45-60 seconds or until there are no large chunks left.The texture must be smooth.
- 6You can now apply the mixture, but before doing so, slightly dampen your hair.
- 7Apply the mixture and gently massage into your hair thoroughly.
- 8Cover your hair with a shower or plastic hair cap.
- 9Leave it on for at least 25-30 minutes.
- 10Rinse and shampoo your hair.
Use this home remedy once a week.
What About the Banana Peel?
Finding new ways to use trash and stuff doomed to the sanitary landfill can't come at a better time. When the entire planet is clamoring for climate change to slow down, the effects cannot be completely reversed anymore. However, simple things like finding new uses for garbage are indeed welcome. You don't have to look far; you generate lots of waste right there in the kitchen. If the banana peels seem like they have no more use for you, think again.
The banana peels can be reused in so many ingenious ways. So before you think they are already good for nothing, discard them in a compost pit and start working on bringing back all those organic compounds back to the earth.
Home Remedies Utilizing Banana Peel
- 1Rub the banana peel onto your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- 2After 10-15 minutes, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste.
- 3Use this procedure thrice a week for best results.
- 1Prepare fresh banana peeled and cut it into small squares, set it aside.
- 2Wash the affected portion with your regular bath soap and warm water.
- 3Soak the warts in the warm water for about 5-10 minutes, as this softens the warts.
- 4Let it dry with a clean towel.
- 5Rub the banana peel onto the warts and secure the inner side of the banana peel with adhesive plaster/bandage.Leave it for about 8 hours, or even better, overnight.
- 6After 8 hours, remove the plaster/bandage and wash it with clean soap and water.
- 7Let it dry, then apply a normal bandage to the warts and avoid it getting wet.
- 8When parts of warts turn brown or black in color, remove it with nail trimmers to expose the undamaged warts.
To fully remove the warts, repeat the procedure all over again, until the wart is fully removed.
- 1Rub the inner portion of the banana peel into the scar for 4-5 minutes.
- 2Let it dry for about 20-25 minutes.
- 3Once it is dry, soak a clean cloth in warm water and remove all the pulp of the banana peel.
- 4Utilize this remedy every day before bedtime for best results.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- Best results are not achieved overnight. You must have patience to achieve the results you are aiming for.
- Although it is rare, check first whether you are allergic to the banana.
- Home remedies are a great alternative to ease certain conditions, but consultation from your physician is also recommended.
- There are many instances that we hear that people just suddenly collapse. When their diagnosis comes in, their physician says that they lack potassium. This element is very much a major component of the banana. So if you feel that you are unstable and about to collapse, it is easy to imagine that most probably, you lack potassium, and eating bananas is the best answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Holistic Nutrition
Recent edits by: Insfoxx, Eng, Jonathan