Use your Laptop to Explore your Mobile Files
Edited by Eng, Charmed, Lynn, VisiHow
Most people can benefit from utilizing a Laptop file manager to browse files located in their mobile. Doing so will give users the ability to search better and to organize, sort, copy and move files. This can be done through two types of connections: Cable and WiFi.
Please take note that OS files cannot be explored unless your mobile is ROOTED.
Things you will need to cover both types of connection
- USB cable
- ES File Manager application
- MyPhoneExplorer application
- Note: Files appearing with a leading period like [ .data ] are OS and apps files, DO NOT MESS with them.
Browse mobile files while connected via USB cable
As stated above, unless your mobile is rooted, you cannot explore OS system files, and that would not be of significant importance to most people, unless you are highly educated in the IT field. So all you need to do is to connect your phone or mobile to your Laptop via your USB cable, check your phone screen, and you will see a window that asks you to select the preferred connection type. Choose "Disk Drive" or something similar. This term might differ a bit from one OS version to another. If you miss the connection window, the default connection type will be selected and the window will be closed. You can simply pull or sweep down the status menu or curtain for information.
Following are two examples of connections for two different operating systems.
Browse mobile files while connected via WiFi
There is more than one approach you can take to browse your mobile files via WiFi. Here are a couple of examples:
- 1Providing you have already had downloaded and installed ES File Explorer to your Android mobile, connect your mobile to the same WiFi network as your Laptop. Click here for more information: Explore and copy/move files from your Android Mobile to your Laptop/PC via WiFiES File Explorer 3.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Manipulating can be done both ways, from your mobile to your Laptop and vice versa. In other words, you can copy and move items both ways.
- Always be careful about OS system files. Folders starting with dot [.] should generally be left alone. If you access them and do the wrong thing, your mobile system may crash.