Use the Word 2010 Clipboard
Edited by Thor, Margiebell, Dougie
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, I am going to show you how to copy and move text and graphics in Microsoft Word 2010, using the clipboard. The first thing we need to do is open the Office clipboard. To do that, we are going to press Alt H, together, and then f, and o.
- 3So perhaps you copied something several moments ago, or several steps ago. Maybe you know if you simply paste, you open only paste. If you clip the paste option, you can only paste what you last pasted. What was last copied or cut. This helps you to see what you cut or copied 4-5 steps before. So, if we select, this lovely spatula, for example, we want to cut it, cut out the picture. You can use control and X, the hot key commands, control X.This is very usual because it shows you what you've copied and pasted in the past.
- 10So if you have the clipboard, this is a way of seeing what you've cut, and reclaiming and reusing what you have done previously throughout your period of work. So now, for example, if I want to paste this spatula back into the picture, I click on it.Without the clipboard, I would not be able to select that spatula to paste it again.
- 17It allows you to go back and reuse things that you would not be able to do if you weren't using the clipboard. OK? And here we have options, this shows you some other options.So, using the clipboard is very useful because it allows you to keep track of what you've cut and pasted, and cut and copied.
- 18It's useful to have it with you all of the time. You could also activate it easier and in a more simple way than the actual original command which is Alt H. And then pressing f and o. You can do that if you choose. And there are some other options to keep the Office clipboard icon on your taskbar.So, you can show Office clipboard automatically so it is with you if you are copying and pasting a lot.
- 20If you have any questions then please leave them in the section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.OK, so that has been our video on how to use Clipboard in Microsoft Word 2010.Advertisement
Video: Use the Word 2010 Clipboard
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Margiebell, Thor