Use the Rule of Thirds Camera Framing Grid on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Melissa Rae, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to use the rule of thirds framing grid when using the Lumia camera on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 8The rule of thirds framing grid will appear as two faint horizontal lines and two vertical lines on the screen.They will create nine different boxes of equal size. The reason rules of thirds is used is because it breaks down an image into thirds, and the four lines help to position the points of interest in the photo. The theory is that if you place points of interest along the intersections of the lines, then the photo becomes more balanced.
- 9In the example, we are going to try and position the points of interest in a photo.The fish are located in the upper-left corner, some sea plants are located in the lower-left corner and another fish is located near the bottom-right corner. These are the points of interest, and using the rule of thirds, we want to position the points of interest along the intersecting lines. One of the most interesting things about this is that studies have shown that viewers' eyes are naturally drawn to the intersecting points of the lines, rather than the center. Instead of placing something in the center, we're actually trying to work around that within the four points where the lines intersect.
- 11In the example, you can see how the framing grid has helped position the important points of interest.This is something you will want to experiment with and play around with. It can take some time to grasp the concept and work with it. The best thing to do is go out and use the Microsoft Lumia 535 to take photos and see what you can produce. Three keys points to remember are the points of interest in the photo, where they should exist in the photo and their positions along the intersecting lines.
- 12This concludes our tutorial on how to use the rule of thirds framing grid when using the Lumia camera application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow. Goodbye.Advertisement
Video: Use the Rule of Thirds Camera Framing Grid on Microsoft Lumia 535
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Eng, Melissa Rae, Thor