Use the Rotate Tool and Reflect Tool in Illustrator CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to use "Rotate Tool" and "Reflect Tool" in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, you should open Adobe Illustrator CS6 either from your desktop or by coming down to the bottom-left corner and clicking the Windows icon.This will reveal a list of recently used programs. You may find Illustrator on the list. It has a brown-and-orange icon with the letters "Ai".Advertisement
- 7Add a "Fill" color by clicking the "Fill" box in the toolbar.For more information on how to do that, refer to our tutorial on how to use "Stroke" and "Fill" colors.
- 10Create a shape to work with by clicking "Star Tool".It is accessible from the "Rectangle Tool" if you click and drag it. For more information on how to do that, refer to our tutorials on how to create basic shapes and how to get perfect shapes. The "Shape Builder" tool merges different shapes together to create one shape.
- 15Zoom the document in.For more information on how to do that, refer to our tutorial on how to zoom into and out of the artboard.
- 22Now, click and drag the shape.The tool will reflect the shape from the pivot. You can use this tool in the same way as "Rotate Tool": by clicking points and clicking and dragging the object around them. The tool helps to map out a pattern on the artboard.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to use "Rotate Tool" and "Reflect Tool" in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use the Rotate Tool and Reflect Tool in Illustrator CS6
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Freya