Use the Pucker and Bloat in Adobe Illustrator CS6 Using Menu vs Toolbar
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
Method 1: Using Menu
You're watching VisiHow. This tutorial will show you how to use the "Pucker & Bloat" tool in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, ensure you have Adobe Illustrator open and your document ready.For more information, refer to our tutorials on how to create a new document and how to open documents. There are three different objects on the artboard. There are the blue rectangle in the background, a red circle, and a yellow rectangle.Advertisement
This is a VisiHow tutorial on how to use the "Pucker & Bloat" tool in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then feel free to add them to the section below; and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use the Pucker and Bloat in Adobe Illustrator CS6
Method 2: Using Toolbar
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to use "Pucker Tool" and "Bloat Tool" in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7.
- 7You can alter the "Fill" color.For more information, refer to our tutorial on how to use "Stroke" and "Fill" colors.
- 11Click and drag the "Width Tool" to the right.It's in the vertical toolbar. The icon is about halfway down. It looks somewhat like a strange compass. Select "Pucker Tool" from the expanded menu. The cursor has changed to a circle with a cross in the center. The size of the circle indicates the size of the pucker effect.
- 16Use the "Bloat Tool" in the same way as the "Pucker Tool".This is, by clicking and dragging the object. The effect will be different depending on the size and style of your brush. With the type of brush in the tutorial, you can get more of a cloud or flower effect. Other types of brushes, such as a charcoal-type brush, may give you a more realistic effect.
- 17As with any brush, you can change the size, style, and opacity in the horizontal menu across the top.Brush settings will affect the appearance of "Bloat Tool" or "Pucker Tool" effects. Also, keep in mind that these effects create new anchor points on your shape. Anchor points can be identified by the blue dots on the outline of your object.
- 18Wherever you click, you create a new anchor point that can be manipulated further by dragging.It's recommended to experiment with these tools and their settings, as they're very useful for creating dynamic shapes quickly.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to use "Pucker Tool" and "Bloat Tool" in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use the Pucker and Bloat in Adobe Illustrator CS6 Method 2
Questions and Answers
I was wondering if the pucker and bloat tool have any control bar options?
Does the pucker and bloat tool have bar options? can it be altered with modifiers
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Freya