Use the Notification and Quick Setting Panel on Samsung Galaxy SII
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Maria, Eng
Android's notification panel is a great way to quickly access shortcuts and alerts you have on your phone. You can get to the panel by tapping on your settings icon. Then in settings, you can find the notification panel at the top of the phone screen. You have to drag it down to open it.
To Clear All Notifications
You can touch/tap any notification on the screen once you drag down the notification panel to view the information. You can then tap "Clear" in order to clear the notifications you have on your screen.
To Dismiss a Notification
You can tap on a particular notification, then swipe to the right or left to dismiss the notification from your screen.
To Expand a Notification
Tap the notification with two fingers and part your fingers to expand it for additional information.
To Disable a Notification
Tap and hold the notification, and then on the app information, uncheck the option box.
In the notifications panel, you can find some shortcuts for quick access. Certain features will be grayed out, which indicates those items are disabled, while those that are enabled will be green in color. Here are some common features you can quickly turn on and off:
- 1If you disable this feature, it can help you minimize the power consumption of your phone.WiFi - This symbol looks like a signal wave, with the WiFi name below it.Advertisement
- 2Bluetooth - Make sure that this feature is disabled in order to avoid battery power loss when you're not using it.Advertisement
- 3GPS - This feature is best to use only when you're not at home and are traveling somewhere.
- 4Screen Rotation - You can enable and disable this feature through the notifications panel.
- 5Airplane Mode - This option will disable your network features, such as WiFi and network connection from your network provider, like AT&T and any other.
- 6Power Saving - This will help your phone adjust itself to save battery power for your device.
- 7Sync - This option will allow you to sync your phone to any other features or programsAdvertisement
Hope this article can guide you and understand the function of your notification panel.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Maria, Lynn, Melsan