Use the Notification and Quick Setting Panel on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Edited by Tsikenadobo, Lynn, Eng, Alma and 4 others
Samsung Galaxy Note2 has a notification panel which will help you use your phablet (phone and Tablet) more efficiently. It allows you to quickly toggle key settings, such as screen rotation, airplane mode, Bluetooth, GPS and many more. You can customize the icons based on how you use your device.
- 1To access your notification and quick setting panel, navigate to "Settings", tap "Display", and choose "Notification Panel".Advertisement
- 3Just tap the icons you want to include in your notification panel.
- 6To re-order an icon, long press and drag it around, based on the order or arrangement you want.
- 7You can also remove items you've already chosen by tapping them.
Icons in the Notification and Quick Setting Panel
- 1When enabled, it will announce the name of the caller, read the content of SMS text messages, give you the number of emails received, and perform many other functions.Driving Mode - This feature is convenient to use when driving, but may also be used in other situations.Advertisement
- 2If this is activated, it will make the device conserve energy in a low battery-usage state.Power Saving Mode - Use this icon to disable or enable power saving mode.
- 3All Share Cast - This feature allows you to wirelessly beam your photos, videos, presentations and video games to your wide screen.
- 4This also stops the phone from "roaming".Airplane Mode - If you and your device are on airplane mode you will not be able to receive any type of wireless transmission.
- 5For example, you can take notes while searching the internet.Multi Window - This feature allows you to complete multiple tasks on one screen.
- 6Mobile data enables your device to access the internet through your network service provider.Mobile Window - This will disable or enable the data connectivity of your device.
- 7If it's turned on, it allows you to share files with others.Bluetooth - This icon allows you to turn the Bluetooth feature on or off.
- 8GPS - This feature allows you to be notified of your location, and may be useful when travelling to places that you are not familiar with.
- 9If enabled, this feature allows you to automatically rotate your device to its current position.Screen Rotation - This will activate or deactivate auto screen rotation.
- 10You will not hear any sound when someone calls or texts if this feature is enabled.Mute - It will turn your device to Mute or Silent Mode.
Icons in the Available Buttons
- 1This feature enables you to share files from one Samsung device to another via NFC.S Beam.Advertisement
- 2The Near Field Communication allows data exchange when your device touches another device.NFC.
- 3This feature enables your screen to stay still while you are looking at it. It also prevents the screen from going to sleep and dimming.Smart Stay.
- 4Enables you to automatically sync the data from your device to the Google servers through the internet.Sync.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use the Notification and Quick Setting Panel on Samsung Galaxy Note 2. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_the_Notification_and_Quick_Setting_Panel_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_2
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use the Notification and Quick Setting Panel on Samsung Galaxy Note 2." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_the_Notification_and_Quick_Setting_Panel_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_2 Accessed 29 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use the Notification and Quick Setting Panel on Samsung Galaxy Note 2." Accessed May 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_the_Notification_and_Quick_Setting_Panel_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_2.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: tbh, Maria, KevinB1