Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng, Jen M
You're watching VisiHow. Today we're going to show you how to use the Kids Store in Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 Mini.
- 5If you drag your finger down you can stretch the icons out a bit and they spring back up. You can move over to the left side by swiping right, where you can see the crocodile with his lovely little sunflower hat because that's the way my child decided to dress him.Kids mode launches to the main home window where your child's applications are all listed.
- 11You can do one of two things here, thing one is you can wait. Thing two is you can press the back button on the bottom. If you've disabled the back button, tapping Kids Store won't do anything. You'll simply have to wait, or you can press the home button. If you press the back button it will just take you back to the home screen, the same thing the home button would do. Go back into your parental controls, enter your PIN, go back to the Kids Store, this time select Not Now. Now we will see a disclaimer window. The disclaimer window will block your ability to update until you have accepted it. There is a bug in the Samsung system which has not yet been fixed, maybe it will be fixed in the future, maybe not, we'll see. Tap the box next to Do not show again. Then tap OK.If you have clicked the update button, you'll see a quick window popped up and you were supposed to click on something but you couldn't.
- 12Press the home button to take us back, now press on parental controls again. Enter your PIN, go back to the Kids Store, and tap update. Now you can see that our update has begun to download which is what we wanted. Hopefully, this will help some of you that were unable to update the Kids Store.Now we are in the Kids Store.
- 13I can either use my mobile security or my package installer. I'm going to tap on package installer and I'm going to tap on Just once. The reason I'm tapping just once is because I've read a lot of tutorials. In your case, you will want to use the package installer unless you have a very good reason for using a mobile security app like Avast.Our download has finished, the installation will begin.
- 14Your existing data will not be lost. The updated application will get access to:" No new permissions are required. You can tap on all to see what it currently has access to, new shows you what it asks you for now. Tapping either of these buttons doesn't do anything other than changing the display. The button you need to press is down here on the bottom, Install. It's going to start installing the Kids Store. The Kids store will slowly be installed to your phone.It will ask, "Do you want to install an update to this existing application?
- 22As I mentioned before, it takes a very long time to load in things from the Samsung Store. It just takes a while, you can always visit the Google Play Store and download applications and add them to Kids Mode as well, it is not only restricted to this. Tap on install.This is the Lego Juniors Quest.
- 25This will take us back to the main page of Kids Mode. The strange thing you're going to notice here is that the app automatically installed to the top instead of installing to the bottom. Your child is going to have to scroll up to see it, but that's fine. If you are running an older version of Kids Mode, it's not going to automatically install, you're going to have to install it yourself.I can continue going back, for example, pressing the X, or I can just skip that whole thing and I can press the home button.
- 27You can see here, Juniors Quest is already installed. I could, however, press the plus button, then accept the pop-up, and then I could add it in. In this case, I'll just use the example of adding another Angry Birds. Then tap done.Then, when the Touch Wiz interface allows you, which may take a minute, you'll be able to tap on the new application and install it.
- 31Thanks for choosing VisiHow, have a great day.That's it, we have now successfully added an application to the Kids Mode, using the Kids Store.Advertisement
Video: Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_the_Kids_Store_in_Samsung_Kids_Mode
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_the_Kids_Store_in_Samsung_Kids_Mode Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_the_Kids_Store_in_Samsung_Kids_Mode.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Grimm