Use the Golden Ratio Framing Grid on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Melissa Rae, Eng
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to use the golden ratio framing grid when using the Lumia camera on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 9There should be two vertical lines and two horizontal lines. It looks very similar to the "rule of thirds" framing grid, but the difference is that the lines are in different positions. Even though there are nine different boxes, the two vertical lines are closer together, meaning that the boxes are of a different size and shape. This framing grid can help to create photos that have a very strong composition. The grid helps to draw viewers to points of interest, and world-famous artworks such as the Mona Lisa are said to use the golden ratio technique because of the natural balance it creates.Once back in the camera, the grid will be visible.
- 10The lines will be visible, and the boxes in the corners are larger. As the grids are not of equal size, more weight is given to the corner boxes. This naturally leads the eyes to the larger areas of interest.Put an image in front of the camera and allow the golden ratio framing grid to highlight certain areas.
- 11In the example photo, there are points of interest, such as some sea plants in the lower-left corner, a bubble in the upper-left corner and a point of interest in the center. This makes it possible to create a balanced image and a different technique. Although this is similar to the rule of thirds framing grid, they do have very different results. This works better with landscape photographs, and sometimes the horizon can be in a bad position for the rule of thirds framing grid.Position points of interest along the dissected lines and also in the corners so that there is something to view.
- 12Try to experiment with this framing grid, so go out and take the Microsoft Lumia 535 and try a comparison with the rule of thirds framing grid. Search VisiHow for a video on how to use the rule of thirds framing grid with the Microsoft Lumia 535. Try to experiment with different techniques, and this will help to improve your photographic skills and create more unique and powerful images by framing them correctly.Take a photo by pressing the icon of the white camera inside the white circle located in the middle-bottom of the screen.
- 13If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow. Goodbye.This concludes the tutorial on how to use the golden ratio framing grid when using the Lumia camera on a Microsoft Lumia 535.Advertisement
Video: Use the Golden Ratio Framing Grid on Microsoft Lumia 535
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Melissa Rae, Thor