Use the Flashlight on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by David Mason, Eng, VisiHow, Anonymous
Have you ever found yourself in the dark stumbling around, maybe fumbling for your keys and wishing you had a flashlight? Well, with the Samsung Galaxy S7, you no longer have to worry about this. That's because the Galaxy S7 has a built-in flashlight. That's right. With the press of a button you can get the flashlight to come on and light up your surroundings. There are also a number of applications you can download to get flashlight on your S7. However, nothing really beats the built-in flashlight application for Android. In the tutorial below we are going to show you how to turn on the flashlight on your S7.
Turn on the Flashlight from a Locked Phone
If you have a password, fingerprint, pattern, or other lock for your lock screen, you can still easily use the flashlight. Read on to learn how to use the flashlight from the lock screen of your Galaxy S7.
- 3In order to locate the flashlight icon, swipe from left to right across the notification icons.You will find that the flashlight is the very last icon. This is the default set up. It is possible to change it, and set the flashlight as one of your first icons. We discuss this in our tutorial on how to rearrange icons in the notification panel. Note that you could also swipe down with two fingers instead of one, which would open the full set of icons.
- 6To turn the flashlight off, you may press either the flashlight icon or the 'turn off' button.Both of these buttons will turn off the flashlight.
- Note that it is not recommended that you leave the flashlight on for extended periods of time. Leaving it on will significantly drain your battery. It can also damage the flash if used excessively over long periods of time.
Turn on the Flashlight from an Unlocked Phone
It is also possible to turn the flashlight on from an unlocked phone. Therefore, rather than turning your phone around and holding the screen on front of you, you could simply enable the flashlight. Read on to learn how to turn your flashlight on when the phone is unlocked.
- 6In order to turn off the flashlight, simply swipe down from the top of the phone to open the notification panel.Then, either press the flashlight icon or the turn off bar in the notifications panel. Your flashlight should now be turned off.Advertisement
- Never shine the flashlight in your eyes or the eyes of a person or animal. It is a very powerful light that can damage your eyes. This is especially true of small children or animals, which can have permanent eye damage caused by these bright lights.
Questions and Answers
My built in flashlight stop working?
My built in flashlight stop working
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Eng, David Mason