Use the Erase Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Kera and 1 other
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to use "Erase Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, you should open Adobe InDesign CS6 either from your desktop or by coming down to the bottom-left corner and clicking the Windows icon.Clicking this will bring up a list of your recently used programs. You might see "Adobe InDesign" here. It has a pink-and-purple icon with the letters "ID" on it.Advertisement
- 7Let's create a line by clicking "Pencil Tool".For more information, refer to our tutorial on how to use "Pencil Tool". Note that some of the toolbar icons have a small black triangle in the lower-right corner. This means that these tools have an expanded menu with related tools.
- 14Then, click the path you want to work with.A blue frame will appear around the path, letting you know that it is ready for editing. "Eraser Tool" is useful not only in a way of erasing mistakes but also when creating new shapes. It can effectively cut the shape in half and create new paths and objects.
- 17You may erase a disliked bumpy area on the line by clicking and dragging the tool along it.The section will be deleted. This tool is very useful especially in InDesign where you may be using "Pencil Tool" to create some interesting lines or frames around images and text. "Eraser Tool" is used in a slightly different way compared to Illustrator. It is recommended to become familiar with the tool even if you know it in Illustrator or Photoshop.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to use "Erase Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use the Erase Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
Questions and Answers
Eraser size and representation?
Where do I change the brush size of the eraser and can I see the change? I'm used to the Photoshop's eraser.. I have tried: Asking Google
"Erase Tool" does not work like an eraser. It actually erases paths, which means that there is no brush size or representation needed. Lead your cursor along the path to delete it, and it will be removed. A new path and anchor points will be formed as soon as you release the button.
Procedures of using the erase tool in Adobe InDesign?
Explain the following terms as applied in Adobe InDesign -shear. -scale. -fit content to frame
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Kera, Eng, VisiHow