Use the Browser of Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Robbi, Eng, Lynn and 3 others
Mobile technology offers so much more than we think it does. We may have the best mobile phones in our pockets, but we never really know how much it's actually capable of, until we maximize all its features. One of the best mobile phones available today is Samsung Galaxy S4. Most of its features are popular since it runs the Android operating system, just like other smartphones. The S4 has its own browser pre-installed, but not everybody is fully aware how it works, since most of us are used to surfing the internet using our computer's browser. This article will give you detailed instructions on how to use the browser on your Samsung Galaxy S4, and some useful troubleshooting if it stops working.
Using the Browser
Here are the basic steps on how to use your browser.
- 1The Lumen toolbar.Advertisement
- 4Switching Tabs/Windows
Changing Your Homepage
If you have a favorite website that you want to automatically pull up when you go to the browser, you can set it as your homepage. Here's how.
Common Browsing Problems on Samsung Galaxy S4
There are several reasons why we sometimes cannot browse on Samsung Galaxy 4. Below are most common ones and the troubleshooting steps that can fix them.
No Network Connection
This is probably the most common browsing issue on any mobile phone. If your browser tells you that there is no network connection or there is a problem with the network, check to see if you are connected to the WiFi or if your mobile data is on.
- 1Checking WiFi connection:Advertisement
- 2Checking mobile data connection.
Slow or No Browser
After using it for a long time, you may notice that your browser gradually slows down, even if your internet is working fine. You may also not be able to browse. This may be caused by the stored browsing history, cache and cookies on your browser. With this, the browser needs to be optimized. Here's how.
How to View Desktop view on Your Android Browser
Are you fed up with the viewing capability of the website on your Android phone? Are there some options that are not present in the mobile version? This is a step-by-step procedure how to debug your browser to get more options and enable desktop view on your phone browser. IMPORTANT Before you perform such actions on your mobile phone, you need to realize these instructions are to be taken at your own risk, as you are accessing debugging settings that are hidden, or meant to be hidden on your phone's Internet browser.
- 1Go to your regular browser, Internet browser.
- 2You will not notice anything from the phone, even blinks restart and so on.Type in the browser about:debug then hit enter.
- 3Once you have gone to the debug, simply tap on the options while you are on your internet browser.
- 4On the options that will pop up on screen, simply go to "Settings" to open the next set of options.
- 5Simply enable the desktop mode and go back to the main browsing screen.In the Settings, simply scroll down and look for the "UAString", then select the "Desktop" option.
Once you have gone back to the main screen, you should be able to see a desktop view on your Android phone. It would have the same look on a computer view rather than having a mobile version on screen.
If you do not want to use your regular browser, other browsers have a built in feature that you can simply enable it on the options menu. One good example is a Firefox browser for Android devices, here's how you enable it on your Fire Fox browser.
- 1Launch your Fire Fox browser.
- 2Press or go on to Menu on the browser then go to settings.
- 3On the Settings, simply tap "More" and check the request desktop site for the phone will display a desktop view rather than on mobile view or mobile version.Advertisement
- Turn off your mobile data or WiFi when not in use to save battery and make sure that you won't be charged too much because of data usage.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use the Browser of Samsung Galaxy S4. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_the_Browser_of_Samsung_Galaxy_S4
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use the Browser of Samsung Galaxy S4." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_the_Browser_of_Samsung_Galaxy_S4 Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use the Browser of Samsung Galaxy S4." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_the_Browser_of_Samsung_Galaxy_S4.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: vc, Melsan, Lynn