Use and share a file or folder with Dropbox for iOS
Edited by Martin Renz Dimabayao, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz, Eng
Dropbox is an amazing application that can share files of any size to anyone in your contacts. Sharing a file or a folder with this application is instant. In order to achieve this you need to have the Dropbox application installed on your iOS device.
Sharing a file or folder using the Dropbox app
- 1This will reveal icons, each with a different purpose.Swipe your finger over any file or folder from left to right.Advertisement
- 3You can share it via email, instant message, SMS, or even as a post on Facebook.Choose the method through which you would like to share the file or folder.
- 4Complete the information on the required fields and it will be shared accordingly.
Sharing a file or folder using the Dropbox website via iOS device
- 1Log in to Dropbox.Advertisement
- 2Remember that clicking on the file itself will open it directly. Make sure to tap on the white space beside the file name.Proceed to the area where you have your files and folders and select the one you wish to share.
- 4You will be asked to put in the email addresses of the people who you want to share the file or folder with.
- 5You can proceed to confirm the share or add a personal note first before doing so.
Advantages of Using Dropbox
- 1Just save your file in Dropbox through one device and access it again through Dropbox in another device. It is because the files are saved within Dropbox site. It is very convenient not having to carry USB to transfer files all the time or emailing the files to yourself for you to be able to access it in another device.You are able to access files in different devices, without having to use a USB.Advertisement
- 2This works well when you work remotely and collaborate with different people in different locations. You are not limited to the limitations of email and you can easily share files to different people simultaneously. Some businesses even use a Dropbox to centralize all common files. Therefore, instead of the traditional way of having to submit to one person and copying all others involved in a project, everyone will just be given a link to access the files on Dropbox and see the file at the same time.You can share files easily, even when the size is huge, without having to worry about having to pass on the USB to another person.
- 3The files are downloaded as it is, without degrading the file type.You can easily access and read through files using most smartphones these days, particularly iPhones.
- 4You can navigate through files the same way that you would explore File Explorer. You can also create folders and subfolders to keep everything more organized.The layout within Dropbox folders is very organized.
- 5If the allocated storage space is alright for you, then you do not need to pay anything. You may want to upgrade it later on, but the free version is usually OK for most people. Besides, Dropbox is best to use for temporary file storage or for files that are works in progress. Therefore, anything more than the allocated storage is not necessary.It is free to use this service.
Some Notes When Using Dropbox
- 1You always have to check whom you send the link to the file to.Be very careful when sharing extremely confidential information through Dropbox.
- 2Dropbox has an option to protect it with a password so that even when you have it on your phone and another person accessed your phone, he won't be able to access the contents of your Dropbox. Therefore, take care of your password and do not reveal it to anyone else.Take care of your Dropbox password.
- 3Therefore, it may be worthwhile to just store files there that are necessary to share to others or using it as a temporary storage for files that you would like to access later on in another device.Dropbox has a limit in terms of the amount and size of files it contains, especially when you have not upgraded to the paid version.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use and share a file or folder with Dropbox for iOS. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_and_share_a_file_or_folder_with_Dropbox_for_iOS
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use and share a file or folder with Dropbox for iOS." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_and_share_a_file_or_folder_with_Dropbox_for_iOS Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use and share a file or folder with Dropbox for iOS." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_and_share_a_file_or_folder_with_Dropbox_for_iOS.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Lynn, Martin Renz Dimabayao