Use and share a file or folder with Dropbox for iOS
Edited by Martin Renz Dimabayao, Lynn, Anonymous, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
Dropbox is an amazing application that can share files of any size to anyone in your contacts. Sharing a file or a folder with this application is instant. In order to achieve this you need to have the Dropbox application installed on your iOS device.
Sharing a file or folder using the Dropbox app
- 1Swipe your finger over any file or folder from left to right.This will reveal icons, each with a different purpose.Advertisement
- 3Choose the method through which you would like to share the file or folder.You can share it via email, instant message, SMS, or even as a post on Facebook.
- 4Complete the information on the required fields and it will be shared accordingly.
Sharing a file or folder using the Dropbox website via iOS device
- 1Log in to Dropbox.Advertisement
- 2Proceed to the area where you have your files and folders and select the one you wish to share.Remember that clicking on the file itself will open it directly. Make sure to tap on the white space beside the file name.
- 4You will be asked to put in the email addresses of the people who you want to share the file or folder with.
- 5You can proceed to confirm the share or add a personal note first before doing so.
Advantages of Using Dropbox
- 1You are able to access files in different devices, without having to use a USB.Just save your file in Dropbox through one device and access it again through Dropbox in another device. It is because the files are saved within Dropbox site. It is very convenient not having to carry USB to transfer files all the time or emailing the files to yourself for you to be able to access it in another device.Advertisement
- 2You can share files easily, even when the size is huge, without having to worry about having to pass on the USB to another person.This works well when you work remotely and collaborate with different people in different locations. You are not limited to the limitations of email and you can easily share files to different people simultaneously. Some businesses even use a Dropbox to centralize all common files. Therefore, instead of the traditional way of having to submit to one person and copying all others involved in a project, everyone will just be given a link to access the files on Dropbox and see the file at the same time.
- 3You can easily access and read through files using most smartphones these days, particularly iPhones.The files are downloaded as it is, without degrading the file type.
- 4The layout within Dropbox folders is very organized.You can navigate through files the same way that you would explore File Explorer. You can also create folders and subfolders to keep everything more organized.
- 5It is free to use this service.If the allocated storage space is alright for you, then you do not need to pay anything. You may want to upgrade it later on, but the free version is usually OK for most people. Besides, Dropbox is best to use for temporary file storage or for files that are works in progress. Therefore, anything more than the allocated storage is not necessary.
Some Notes When Using Dropbox
- 1Be very careful when sharing extremely confidential information through Dropbox.You always have to check whom you send the link to the file to.
- 2Take care of your Dropbox password.Dropbox has an option to protect it with a password so that even when you have it on your phone and another person accessed your phone, he won't be able to access the contents of your Dropbox. Therefore, take care of your password and do not reveal it to anyone else.
- 3Dropbox has a limit in terms of the amount and size of files it contains, especially when you have not upgraded to the paid version.Therefore, it may be worthwhile to just store files there that are necessary to share to others or using it as a temporary storage for files that you would like to access later on in another device.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Anonymous, Lynn