Use a Stapler
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng
In the following tutorial, we will explain how to use a stapler. The topics discussed in this article will include how to load a stapler, how to unload a stapler, and how to remove a stuck or jammed stable from a staple gun. We've focused on office style staplers for this tutorial, as they are the most common and the easiest to get staples stuck in. In the photo below you will see two separate staplers. The stapler on the top uses a larger size stable. The stapler on the bottom, which is all black, uses a smaller set of staples. In fact, the stapler at the bottom actually has the wrong size staples, which we will discuss more in the following article.
How to Load a Staple Gun
Use a Staple Gun Normally
There are basically three ways to use most office staplers. The first and most common is simply to staple two paper together. The others are a bit more complex, but we will discuss them all in the steps below.
Use a Staple Gun for Reverse Staples
- 1This is done by opening the staple gun as we showed you earlier and then flipping it over so the two indentations that are farther apart are at the front of your stapler.You can then reverse the position of the stapler bed.
Use a Staple Gun for Bulletin Boards and Walls
- 2Place the stapler against any flat surface you wish to staple onto.
- 4In such instances, you will be able to staple cutouts or other paper calendars and similar things for children or adults to help teach and enhance their learning experience.This will allow you to work in an environment like a classroom.
Remove a Stuck Staple
Sometimes, a staple gets stuck in a stapler. While it is not difficult to remove, if you aren't careful, you can stick the end of a staple in your finger. This is not only painful but can also lead to an infection; so, it's best avoided. In this section, we will show you how to remove a stuck or jammed staple from your staple gun.
- 1Before you load a staple gun, look to see if the staples are the correct side. Incorrectly sized staples will almost always result in a jam. Notice that the staples in the image below do not go all the way to the front of the staple gun. This is because they are too short or too small.Pay attention to the staple sizes.
- 2Accept that you will have stuck staples and work around it. In this case, you're going to push the staples all the way to the front of the stapler as we have done here.In the unfortunate event you find yourself in a situation where you need to staple something and the only tool you have available is the gun that is too small.
Questions and Answers
Have to lift stapler to put paper in to staple. won't stay up to slide paper into?
I have to lift the stapler to put my paper in to staple it. I opened it up. and in the back corner, where I would think would be a spring was a. piece of plastic. Is there a way to fix this problem. Stapler in article works. The head of this stapler rests on plate.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.