Use Your Voice to Attract Women
Edited by Donna, Alma, Eng
Women are not just attracted to the fact that a man is handsome, smart or physically fit. They are also very affected by the sound of a man's voice. Whether or not someone is attracted to your voice is human nature, but the timbre and tone of it can affect whether or not to be considered as a mate. For the most part, women prefer:
- Deeper male voices with resonance, as they denote confidence, masculinity, and fertility
- Louder male voices because a louder voice indicates a stronger dominant male, who is commanding that can take control of any situation
- Calm, slower-speaking male voices that indicate bravery, self-control, and intelligence, which are all desirable qualities
- Men with less emotion in their voice, as that also denotes the quality of masculinity and conveys the message that they have everything under control
- Men with a bit of humor, not sarcasm in their tone are very attractive to women because it means that they can relax and be themselves around him, without fearing being judged
How To Develop a Voice That is Authoritative, Calmer and Rich with A Masculine Resonance
A voice that is authoritative, calmer and rich with a masculine resonance is attractive to women and here are some ways to develop that.
- 1Work out every day with weights to strengthen your core muscles.This will help strengthen your diaphragm, which acts as a sort of bellows that assists you to achieve a low, sexy timbre to your voice. Strengthening the area of the diaphragm, by lifting weights, naturally encourages you to speak from your core, as opposed to from your throat. Men who talk from their throat, as opposed to through their belly muscles tend to have higher voices with a bit of a whiny tone, which is not necessarily attractive.Advertisement
- 2Run or walk briskly every single day to increase your aerobic capacity.This is important for men who want to speak with a lower voice, because the more air you are able to pass through your lungs, diaphragm, the sexier and more tonally rich your voice will sound to your female admirers.Advertisement
- 3When you are alone, practice speaking with your voice lowered an entire octave.The lower your voice is, the more masculine and fertile you will sound. When a man speaks in a high voice, he sounds anxious and fearful. Women are much more attracted to male voices that sound low, serene and confident because it denotes an individual who will take care of them.
- 4Allow your voice to develop a naturally rich, deep vibrato, by breathing from your diaphragm when you speak.Place your hand on your belly and emit a long low sound. Your stomach muscles, around the diaphragm, should be vibrating as you vocalize. If it is not, then you are speaking from your upper lung or throat area, which would have your voice sounding a bit thinner tonally than it needs to be, as well as a bit nervous or anxious.
- 6Do not adopt a nasal tone of voice.Otherwise known as "speaking through your nose" this tone makes you appear less masculine, comical and even a bit whiny. To determine whether or not you are speaking with a nasal tone, pinch your nose at the top near your sinuses. If that area is vibrating while you speak, you are using a nasal tone of voice. Breathe deeply and practice speaking from your belly muscles instead.
- 9Try to speak loudly and with a bit of authority, especially when you are in a crowd and especially if you are trying to get her attention for the first time.The level of your voice should be just slightly louder than anybody else in the room. This is attractive to women because it makes you look like the dominant alpha male in the room.
- 11Avoid talking in a sarcastic bitter tone.This is a way of speaking that is rampant in North American and British cultures that can make you seem insecure and defense. Try to speak plainly with only a tinge of sarcasm in your voice every now and then. If you are sarcastic all of the time, you will be perceived as mean and critical.
- 12Learn how to modulate so that you sound like you have a sense of humor.One way of practicing this is to smile while you are talking. You will notice that if you smile while you talk, your breathing changes and your discourse becomes naturally more engaging. Although being serene and calm is important, you also want to appear receptive to what the woman might be saying, yet at the same time, not appearing too inquisitive or needy.
- 14Clear your throat of phlegm before you speak.The sound of phlegm gurgling in a man's throat while he speaks is very unattractive. If you are continually coughing or stuffed up, try sucking on cough drops. Eating a diet that is lower in mucus-producing foods such as milk, ice cream or yogurt, can also help to stop producing too much phlegm when you speak. Smoking can also cause your voice to be hoarse or raspy, which can make you appear much older than you really are.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- The less you use your voice, the better as women are attracted to the strong silent type.
- There are some women that are attracted to a higher voice as long as he sounds like an intellectual, like Woody Allen or like a well-known comedian like Jerry Seinfeld, but make sure you have excellent comic timing, or you could just sound like a neurotic
- To practice breathing properly and slowing down your speech, recite your favorite nursery rhyme as slowly as you can
- If you are not sure how you sound, use a tape recorder and then play it back and then note where you feel your voice might be flawed so you know which aspects to try and improve.
- If your voice sounds hoarse and rough because of a cold or from overuse, try gargling with baking soda to help clear your throat
- If you feel like your lung capacity is restricted, and making you talk a bit higher than you normally would, either due to an emotional upset or illness, try sitting for twenty minutes in a very hot sauna to help loosen up your muscles
- To learn how to speak in a confident, yet gently humorous manner, consider taking a course with Toastmasters
- Acting or singing lessons can also help train your voice so that is deeper, more powerful and tonally rich
- If you have a voice that sounds terrible to you, but can't seem to train yourself to talk in any other way, consider visiting a vocal coach for some professional training.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Alma, Donna