Use WiFi Sense on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, Jen M and 7 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we're going to show you how to use the WiFi Sense function on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Use WiFi Sense on Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 WiFi is not connecting in my phone?
- 3.2 I can connect Lumia 535 but no internet access?
- 3.3 Hello, I am not able to connect to WiFi using Microsoft Lumia 535 dc?
- 3.4 I am not able to connect my two Windows phones. I am getting a message saying can't connect?
- 3.5 I am connecting WiFi. Getting error "your phone can't connect to the WiFi network", how to connect WiFi?
- 3.6 What is the static IP address and how can I connect to WiFi manually?
- 3.7 I am a user with Windows 10 on a Nokia Lumia 535. For WiFi connection, I am getting frequent error messages of "No internet access" please help?
- 3.8 Trying to get back on WiFi on my home WiFi after changing router password?
- 4 Referencing this Article
- 5 Comments
- 6WiFi sense is a really great addition to this phone because it does two key functions. It allows you to connect automatically with open WiFi networks or hotspots, and it also exchanges information with your Facebook friends or with your credentials. It exchanges credentials with Outlook and other forms of communication. It saves those credentials for you, allowing them access to you.Press WiFi Sense and this brings up some more options.
- 7Join in and get connected to WiFi. By using W-Fi Sense, you agree that it can use your location." So what we do is connect to WiFi by sliding right across the switch in the middle to turn it on. You can turn it off similarly, by swiping to the left across the switch.As you can see, at the top of the screen under the main WiFi Sense heading, it says, "Save cellular data with WiFi Sense.
- 10We don't have to put a real one in. I have a fake phone number and email on mine, and I also have no name filled in. These will give some information to the network, but we don't actually have to reveal our identity. To change any of these, tap the box and type it in using the keyboard that pops up.On this screen you can put in a name and email address.
- 12Scroll down to find this information. For mine, it will share our WiFi networks with our Outlook.com contacts, Skype, or Facebook. We can turn this On or Off, depending on what we desire, by sliding across the switch as before. This will allow easy access between your Outlook friends, and if they want to contact you by email, or by Facebook or Skype. If you have other applications installed on your phone, they will appear in that section as well.Back at the WiFi Sense screen, we also have the option of sharing WiFi networks.
- 14This concludes our tutorial on how to use the WiFi Sense function when using a Microsoft Lumia 535. It is useful to know that WiFi Sense does drain the battery because it's constantly searching for WiFi networks. So turn it off if you're interested in saving battery. You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye for now.So you can turn WiFi On or Off, with the different functions, depending on what you desire.
Video: Use WiFi Sense on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
WiFi is not connecting in my phone?
WiFi is not connecting in my phone
- 1Restart your phone.Advertisement
- 2Move closer to the router with the WiFi signal.
- 3If you can, press the home button, swipe left, tap on "Settings", "battery saver" and disable it.Connect a charger and see if you can connect to the network.
- 4To disable it, see our tutorial on how to set Airplane mode on Lumia 535.Insert the SIM card (if there is none) and disable the Airplane mode.
- 5Tap on "Bluetooth". Disable Bluetooth.Press the home button, swipe left, tap on "Settings".
- 6To delete a network, press the home button, swipe left, tap on "Settings". Tap on "WiFi" and "manage (advanced)". Tap on "delete" for your network.Delete the network and reconnect to it.
- 7To update your phone, follow our tutorial on how to update your Lumia.Update your phone over mobile Internet data.
- 8Switch off the router that distributes the WiFi signal for two minutes and turn it back on.
- 9Connect to another network.
- 10Update your router's firmware (refer to its manual to do that).Advertisement
I can connect Lumia 535 but no internet access?
Hello, I can connect Lumia 535 but no internet access .
How many devices do you have connected to the WiFi router. With Windows 8.1 and higher, you will get knocked off a router if there are too many connections. Delete the saved WiFi password and try it again. Then do a soft reset by pulling the battery. Finally, toggle the WiFi off and on. If none of these solutions help then it is your APN Settings on the Nokia Lumia 535.
Hello, I am not able to connect to WiFi using Microsoft Lumia 535 dc?
Hello, I am not able to connect to WiFi using Microsoft Lumia 535 dc. It is not asking for the WiFi password and saying that it could not connect.
According to the Microsoft Lumia Support website, your battery saver might be the culprit. You will also want to turn off Bluetooth. Check out the page for more options as they list several.
I am not able to connect my two Windows phones. I am getting a message saying can't connect?
I am not able to connect my two Windows phones. I am getting a message saying can't connect, the WiFi network didn't respond. try again later
Go into your WiFi Settings to see if Static IP is enabled. This will stop you from connecting to WiFi. Reset your router and then refresh the settings for WiFi on your phone.
I am connecting WiFi. Getting error "your phone can't connect to the WiFi network", how to connect WiFi?
I am connecting WiFi, getting error "your phone can't connect to the WiFi network", how to connect WiFi ?
Check your Static IP and disable it if you have it enabled. Then pull the battery on your phone. Once you turn on your phone again, delete previous WiFi accounts and try to setup your networks again.
What is the static IP address and how can I connect to WiFi manually?
I can not download big application without connecting to WiFi.. I have tried: I try downloading but the response it gives is file too big to use data. Connect to WiFi. I think it was caused by: I don't know about it
Static IP allows you to connect to a certain internet gateway. You do not need it unless you are connecting several networks. You connect to WiFi manually by turning it on in the phone settings or the drop down notifications screen. Then you would search for available networks, choose your router, and put in your password.
I am a user with Windows 10 on a Nokia Lumia 535. For WiFi connection, I am getting frequent error messages of "No internet access" please help?
Frequent "No internet access" in Windows 10 Lumia 535 while trying to connect to WiFi network.
Delete all Hotspots in the list. Then reboot your router while also turning off the data on your device. Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Once you have re-inserted the battery, turn on the data and try to reconfigure your hotspot settings. Your router will also need to have a WPA2 connection. If all else fails, call your Internet Service Provider and request they reset your MAC address.
Trying to get back on WiFi on my home WiFi after changing router password?
Won't let me connect to my home WiFi on my phone now that I changed the Password and nowhere I can find where to add the password
On your mobile, Go to Networks, long Tap on your WiFi and select 'Forget'. Reboot your router, then scan for networks signals again and enter the new WiFi password.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use WiFi Sense on Microsoft Lumia 535. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_WiFi_Sense_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use WiFi Sense on Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_WiFi_Sense_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use WiFi Sense on Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_WiFi_Sense_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: KAMEHAMEHA, nicole salarda, heightbuildcon