Use Video Effects in Sony Vegas
Edited by Feels, Anonymous, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow.com. This is going to be a tutorial on how to use video effects in Sony Vegas Pro 8.0. It does not matter what version of Sony Vegas you are using, however because most of the versions are almost exactly the same with their video effects. There is almost no variation of it.
- 4Find the video effects tab, and you'll see all the selections in the list on the left.You can get even more from a site like NewBlueFx. That usually costs money, but you can get really powerful video effects if you want to spend a little bit extra. I definitely recommend doing that, as sites like NewBlueFx have really good effects. There's also a lot of other sites that give presets, and different effects, just browse around. It's a lot better than Sony Vegas' stock effects, however, it is pretty good.
- 5Now go ahead and find the video effect you want to use.Let's say we want to make it a little bit pixelated like if we were pixelating a face or something like that. After you click pixelate it will give you all of these different options. These are presets. You don't have to use these, but you can just pick one you like. "Large" seems very pixelated.
- 7Now for pixelation, it's very simple.You just have these two bars, the higher it is the fewer pixels there are, and the lower the number, the more pixels there are. If I bring the bar up, it starts to get quite pixelated. Once you get to "one" it's only one pixel wide, that would just be a solid green color. You can play around with this and find what you like. When you find what you want, you can then close the tab
- 11Then go up to Tools > Build Dynamic RAM Preview.This will take a while depending on how much RAM your computer has. Sometimes it does not complete the full clip, you can either get a lower quality or you can go to where the Preview ends, and drag the bar past this. You can repeat this until it finished the entire clip.
- 12That is a Video Effects Tutorial here on VisiHow.com.Check out my profile for more videos like this, and more Sony Vegas tutorials. Thank you for watching!Advertisement
Video: Use Video Effects in Sony Vegas
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Feels