Use Text Wrap for Objects in Adobe InDesign CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to wrap text around an object in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7.
- 6You can also do this with the shortcut "Ctrl + N" or by clicking "File". If you prefer, you can open an existing document as well. For more information, refer to our tutorials on how to create a new document and on how to open an existing document.From the dialogue box you can click "Document" to create a new document.
- 9Please refer to "Use Frames in Adobe InDesign CS6" to learn more about frames.Click and drag the frame for the text.
- 17Please refer to the tutorial on how to use "Type Tool" to see how to change the font size.Then, change the size of the text by typing in the font size field at the top.
- 20You can experiment with how it wraps around the object. This is useful when you want to have an image amongst the text, for example, in a book or in an illustration. "Text Wrap" helps to polish the text and make everything look professional.When the object selected, click various "Text Wrap" icons.
- 23InDesign has a lot of text options, because people usually use InDesign to assemble documents or publications: magazines, books, or even recipe books, whereas Illustrator and Photoshop are much more image-based. InDesign works equally well with text and images.You can also click the "Wrap to" drop-down menu to adjust the "Text Wrap" settings.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial showing you how you can combine text and objects or wrap text around objects in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use Text Wrap for Objects in Adobe InDesign CS6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Text Wrap for Objects in Adobe InDesign CS6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Text_Wrap_for_Objects_in_Adobe_InDesign_CS6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Text Wrap for Objects in Adobe InDesign CS6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Text_Wrap_for_Objects_in_Adobe_InDesign_CS6 Accessed 22 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Text Wrap for Objects in Adobe InDesign CS6." Accessed Jun 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Text_Wrap_for_Objects_in_Adobe_InDesign_CS6.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Freya