Use Storybooks in Kid Mode on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to use storybooks in the Kid Mode application on an HTC One M8.
- 2Once the phone has been unlocked we will see the home screen, and at the bottom we will see 5 icons. There are two ways to access the storybooks in Kid Mode. The first way is to enter the application directly and we can do that by opening the application folder. But, the more efficient way is to enter the settings menu and entering the Kid Mode settings that way. That is more efficient and gives us more access to the application. Let's do that by swiping the notification panel down.To unlock the phone, swipe the screen up.Advertisement
- 7Underneath it says, "Add profiles and access all features". Press down on this option and it will open Kid Mode for us. This is not the exact Kid Mode application, this is just the menu that allows us to edit it. We can still access all of the functions here.In this menu, we want the first option, "Parent Dashboard".
- 9Here we have a lot of classic childhood stories. "The Three Little Pigs", "The Emperor's New Clothes", books that we probably all read as children. What we can do with this feature is record ourselves reading these stories. The phone will show us the story page by page and we can film ourselves and watch it back at a later date. We can also watch one of the Kid Mode readers read the story to us.At the top, it will say "You and your family will love how easy it is to record videos of yourself reading these stories to Ash." Ash is the child setup for this application.
- 11If we make two recordings we won't be able to make more until we delete one. We're going to record a reading for The Emperor's New Clothes and the phone will need to be turned to landscape mode.To record our own reading, we can press down on "Record a reading!" There is currently no option to record a reading for The Three Little Pigs because we already have two readings recorded and that's the maximum.
- 12We can see what the camera is recording to the left of that. It will start recording and show a green arrow in the bottom right-hand corner. This will turn it to the first page of the story. Now we just read the story and press the green arrow again when we're done that page. Remember to make the story fun, exciting, and try to use different voices for different characters. We're not going to read it all because that's not necessary, but this way we can see how it works. We just read and tap the arrow until we're at the end.Press "Start Recording" with the red circle.
- 18We can record, we can watch our recordings, and we can also watch an actor read the story as well. This concludes the tutorial on how to use storybooks in the Kid Mode application on an HTC One M8. If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.That shows us what we can do with storybooks.Advertisement
Video: Use Storybooks in Kid Mode on HTC One M8
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Storybooks in Kid Mode on HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Storybooks_in_Kid_Mode_on_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Storybooks in Kid Mode on HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Storybooks_in_Kid_Mode_on_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Storybooks in Kid Mode on HTC One M8." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Storybooks_in_Kid_Mode_on_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor