Use Sixaxis Controller App
Edited by Lukward Thomason, Eng, Anonymous
Dancing Pixel Studios have put up an app that allows you to pair your PS3 sixaxis or dualshock 3 controller to your Android Phone or tablet. This method is very useful when playing with emulators since old school games had button controls which the player was supposed to feel and react to. Modern touchscreens can't emulate the button press precision therefore making high-scores much harder to achieve but once you have your controller hooked up to your Android device you can set those high scores higher and higher again!
Please note that in order to properly run this app you need to have your device rooted. We are going to discuss what this app does and how it works and in this case we are using a rooted Huawei G700 that runs on Android 4.2.1
Getting familiar with the layout
- 1Once you launch the app you'll see several buttons.Advertisement
- Start button starts listening for controllers to hook up to.
- Stop button stops listening to connected controllers
- Change IME button allows you to enable and choose input methods. For best results you should enable and choose Sixaxis Controller when using this app.
- Pair enables to manually pair your phone with the controller connected via OTG cable.
- 3Once in this menu you'll see several sub-menus.Here you can change various features of this app.
- 4Gamepad Settings.This part is very important for some games.
- You'll have to Enable Gamepad in order for some games to detect your controller as an input device, but it's not recommended for all games and emulators.
- Analog Poll Rate determines the frequency with which analog inputs are registered. You should experiment for each game separately to find the right one.
- Edit Mappings allows you to set what input each button will register for any button that is pressed.
- 5Keyboard Emulation allows you to trick your device as if you are using a keyboard as an input.
- Default input Method lets you choose which input method to use once sixaxis input is stopped. This feature allows you to save time from switching to input method selection and choosing it manually every time you disconnect your controller or get an urgent email or SMS that you have to answer.
- Bypass IME. This feature should be used only if the keyboard input doesn't work by default.
- Key Mappings lets you select which keyboard key press is emulated bu which controller button.
- Analog Threshold should be adjusted to your preference. This is used to determine how far you need to pull your analog stick from center to input various commands.
- 6Mouse Emulation lets you use your controller as an optical mouse.
- Toggle Mouse Mode lets you choose a button on your controller for turning mouse mode on/off.
- Analog Stick should be chosen the one that you are most comfortable with using as a mouse pointer.
- Left and Right mouse buttons should also be set to your preference.
- Mouse Speed can be customized to fit your comfort.
- 7Touch Emulation is the most important part of this app since a lot of modern games lack native gamepad support.with this feature set up correctly you will be able to play any game as you would on your console.
- Orientation Offset can be set and changed if your input doesn't match what you expected after setting all buttons and sticks manually.
- Edit Touch Profiles lets you set any button or stick so that you can emulate screen touch or swipe as you desire. This part is the most important!
- 8Once you choose Application Profiles you'll see two options:Manage and toggle profiles.
- Manage Profiles lets you create, delete or rename profiles. you can create multiple profiles that are best for each game so that you don't have to set it all up every time you change your game.
- Toggle Profiles lets you sweep between profiles during your game play. It's very convenient for those game that use more buttons than there are on your gamepad.
Creating the touch layout profile
Tips and suggestions for using Sixaxis App
- Some games will only work with gamepad feature enabled while others will only work with it disabled.
- Keep in mind that this app increases battery power consumption when turned on.
- Note that while a gamepad is connected you won't be able to use Bluetooth for file transfer.
- Always tap Stop in the main frame of the app when not using the app or the controller to conserve power for both the device and the controller.
Questions and Answers
On screen control layouts not appearing?
When I connect my device (z ultra) to sixaxis and play modern combat 4 the control lay outs displayed on screen disappears. I wish to know if there is a way to prevent this from happening. with other games like shadowgun or mc3 it stays there. Can you help me?. I have tried: I tried downloading a different version of the game thinking it might be with the game file I was using but same thing happened. I think it was caused by: I don't think its a problem because in my other games its not doing that. I feel that it might be a setting of some sort.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Eng, Lukward Thomason