Use Samsung Galaxy S5 to Measure Heart Rate
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Rushell, Inukshuk and 1 other
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. Today, we are going to show you how to check your heart rate using S Health.
- 8The next screen displays a list of directions."1. Find the heart rate sensor on the back of your device. 2. Place your finger on the sensor. 3. The measurement will start automatically. 4. Do not move. 5. If you have a cover on your device, place your finger pad as possible to the center of the sensor."
- 25This is how to check your heart rate with S Health on the Samsung Galaxy S5 or S5 Mini.Thanks for watching VisiHow. Have a great day, and make sure to check your heart rate. Also, make sure to check our article on the exercise functions for this application.
Video: Use Samsung Galaxy S5 to Measure Heart Rate Method 1
What makes Samsung Galaxy S5 unique from the other Samsung Galaxy line of phone is its heart rate monitor. Actually, Samsung Galaxy S5 is the first smart phone that has a built--in Heart Rate Sensor. This sensor allows your phone to measure your heart rate through Set Up S Health on Samsung Galaxy S5. The heart rate monitor uses the same method as existing medical equipment use so its accuracy, and inaccuracy, is similar with these medical equipment. This article will discuss on using Samsung Galaxy S5 to measure your heart rate.
How to measure the heart rate using Samsung Galaxy S5
To use your Samsung Galaxy S5 to measure your heart rate, follow these procedures:
- 4If this is the first time that you opened S Health, you may need to set it up.We have an article on Set Up S Health on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 6Information on the next steps will be displayed on your phone.Place your finger on the heart rate sensor located at the back of your phone (below the camera). Upon contact of the finger to the sensor, measurement of your heart rate will start. Do not move, or talk during this process. Tap on OK button once you have followed the instructions.
- 11You have successfully learned how to use Samsung Galaxy S5 to measure your heart rate.Advertisement
Important things to note
- Samsung Galaxy S5's heart rate monitor uses the same method as existing medical equipment use. The accuracy of the device's heart rate monitor is the same as with the said equipment.
- Though the same methods are used in taking the heart rate, your device is not intended to be substitute or replacement for these medical equipment. The heart rate monitor on your device is meant to keep a record of your heart rates as well as to let you know of your current BPM. However, the phone should not be used in place for medical equipment.
- Samsung Galaxy S5's heart rate monitor is designed for humans only. Though, if you try it, the device may display heart rate of animals, the displayed results is not accurate due to their movements and their hair.
- Depending on different circumstances, the heart rate shown may be different from your normal rate. If this is the case rest for about 30 minutes and measure your heart rate again.
- Any results of the heart rate monitor is for personal use only and should never be a basis for any medical action. Any measurement shown on the phone cannot be used for medical diagnosis.
- Consulting a medical professional is still the best option if you want to get clinical diagnosis on your heart rate.
Questions and Answers
Can't recognize finger when I put it over the light?
I always have difficulty finding my pulse and it seems that the phone can't cope with it. The line starts to wobble but it doesn't realize it's a pulse. The article doesn't mention this at all. It simply tells you what to do and what will happen - and it says that, what will happen is that the phone will say "measuring" - which it doesn't. I have tried: All my fingers and an attempt at the wrist. I need more details apparently. I'm not sure what else I can do. I think it was caused by: I have an elusive pulse - I have trouble finding it in my own wrist and have only managed to get a reliable count from the neck
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Rushell, Eng