Use Samsung Galaxy S5 As a Baby Monitor
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng
- 1 Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features.
- 2 Pre-requisites before enabling baby crying detector
- 3 Use Samsung Galaxy S5 as a "baby crying detector"
- 4 Referencing this Article
- 5 Comments
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features.
Samsung recognizes the fact that we are living on a very busy world. There are things that we need to do at the same time to maximize our time and output. When at home and you are with you baby, you may want to do some home chores while your child is asleep. Samsung Galaxy S5 has the feature to help you monitor if your baby is crying. Not intended as a medical device or as substitute care-giving equipment, this feature helps people monitor if a baby is in need of attention and care by sending a notification on your Galaxy Gear that your child is crying.
Pre-requisites before enabling baby crying detector
Before enabling baby crying detector, you need to have to comply to these requirements:
- 1You need to have a Galaxy Gear on you to make use of the baby crying detector feature. Samsung Galaxy S5 will detect any noise from your baby and if it reaches a point where the noise is more of the crying type, your phone will then send a vibrating alert on your Galaxy Gear notifying you on your baby's cry.Advertisement
- 2If you are not familiar on connecting your gear to your phone, you can check on the article on how to Configure or Sync Your Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy S5.A connection between Galaxy Gear and Samsung Galaxy S5.Advertisement
- 3This is because your phone needs to properly hear your baby's noise.Phone must be at least 1 meter from your child.
- 4The phone must be on a room that is silent and no external noises or the phone will detect these external noises as your baby's cries.
Use Samsung Galaxy S5 as a "baby crying detector"
When enabled, baby crying detector will send a vibration alert on your Galaxy Gear notifying that the baby being monitored is crying. To enable baby crying detector on your Samsung Galaxy S5, follow these procedures:
- 1You can press the power button once to get to the Home screen instantly or you can repeatedly press the Back button until it brings you to the Home screen.Go to your S5's Home screen.Advertisement
- 2From your Home screen, tap on the Apps icon located on the lower-right part of your Favorites tray.
- 3From the list of applications on your Galaxy S5, locate Settings and tap on it to open your phone's settings.
- 4From Settings, tap on My Device tab and go to Accessibility.
- 5From the Accessibility options, tap on Hearing options.
- 8When your baby cries, your phone will detect the noise and will send a notification on your Galaxy Gear to let you know.You have now enabled the baby crying detector on your Samsung Galaxy S5.Advertisement
- How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner. 2014. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s5-fingerprint-scanner-reader,26135.html (accessed April 03, 2014)
- Samsung Galaxy S5's official features site.2014.http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys5/features.html (accessed April 03, 2014)
- Samsung Galaxy S5's features.2014.http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php (accessed April 03, 2014)
- AT&T's Galaxy S5 gets FCC approval, just like you knew it would.2014.http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/07/att-gs5-at-the-fcc/ (accessed April 03, 2014)
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Samsung Galaxy S5 As a Baby Monitor. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Samsung_Galaxy_S5_As_a_Baby_Monitor
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Samsung Galaxy S5 As a Baby Monitor." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Samsung_Galaxy_S5_As_a_Baby_Monitor Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Samsung Galaxy S5 As a Baby Monitor." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Samsung_Galaxy_S5_As_a_Baby_Monitor.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Leomar Umpad