Use Samsung Galaxy S5 As a Baby Monitor
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Nuance
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features.
Samsung recognizes the fact that we are living in a very busy world. There are things we need to do to maximize our time. You are at home with your baby - and you want to do some chores while your child is asleep. Samsung Galaxy S5 has a feature to help you monitor your baby, and hear if he/she is crying or in distress. Not intended as a medical device or as substitute for proper care-giving, this feature helps people know if a baby is in need of attention and care by sending a notification to your Galaxy Gear that your child is crying.
Pre-Requisites Before Enabling Baby Crying Detector
Before enabling the baby-crying detector, you need to comply to these requirements:
- 1You need to have a Galaxy Gear on you to make use of the feature baby-crying detector. Samsung Galaxy S5 will detect any noise from your baby and if it reaches a point where the noise is more of the crying type, your phone will then send a vibrating alert to your Galaxy Gear notifying you your baby's crying.Advertisement
- 2If you are not familiar with connecting your gear to your phone, you can check out this article on how to Configure or Sync Your Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy S5.A connection between Galaxy Gear and Samsung Galaxy S5.Advertisement
- 3This is because your phone needs to be able to pick up the sounds of your baby.The phone must be at least 1 meter from your child.
- 4The phone must be in a room that is silent with no external noises or the phone will detect these external noises as your baby's cries.
Use Samsung Galaxy S5 as a "Baby Crying Detector"
When enabled, Baby Crying Detector will send a vibration alert to your Galaxy Gear notifying that the baby being monitored is crying. To enable Baby-Crying Detector on your Samsung Galaxy S5, follow these procedures:
- 1You can press the power button once to get to the Home screen instantly or you can repeatedly press the Back button until it brings you to the Home screen.Go to your S5's Home screen.Advertisement
- 2From your Home screen, tap on the Apps icon located on the lower-right part of your "Favorites Tray".
- 3From the list of applications on your Galaxy S5, locate Settings and tap on it to open your phone's settings.
- 4From Settings, tap on the My Device tab and go to Accessibility.
- 5From the Accessibility option, tap on Hearing options.
- 8When your baby cries, your phone will detect the noise and will send a notification to your Galaxy Gear to let you know.You have now enabled the baby-crying detector on your Samsung Galaxy S5.Advertisement
- How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner. 2014. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s5-fingerprint-scanner-reader,26135.html (accessed April 03, 2014)
- Samsung Galaxy S5's official features. (accessed April 21, 2017)
- Samsung Galaxy S5's features. (accessed April 21, 2017)
- AT&T's Galaxy S5 gets FCC approval, just like you knew it would. (accessed April 21, 2017)
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Leomar Umpad