Use Rotate Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to use "Rotate Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, you should open Adobe InDesign either from your desktop or by coming down to the bottom-left corner and clicking the Windows icon.Clicking this will bring up a list of your recently used programs. You might see "Adobe InDesign" here. It has a pink-and-purple icon with the letters "ID" on it.Advertisement
- 7First, click "Rectangle Tool".The icon is about halfway down the vertical menu. It looks like a simple rectangle. Alternatively, you can press "M" on your keyboard. In the bottom-left corner of the icon, you may notice a small black triangle, which indicates that when you click and drag the icon, a menu of similar tools will appear. Your cursor will change to a cross. Please refer to the tutorial on how to use "Rectangle Tool", "Ellipse Tool", and "Polygon Tool".
- 12After that, click and drag "Free Transform Tool" to the right in the left toolbar.This is the icon that looks like a dotted rectangle with an arrow. In the bottom-left corner of the icon, you may notice a small black triangle, which indicates that when you click and drag the icon, a menu of similar tools will appear.
- 17Click and drag to rotate the object again.There will be an angle showing us the rotational degree. The blue outline will show where the shape will be. This tool is useful where you create something where you import text for publication. You can get more dynamic layouts by using the tool. You can also change some options at the top.
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to use "Rotate Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use Rotate Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Freya