Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle
Edited by Witz Taluban, Robbi, Lynn, Geraldin Carniyan and 16 others
Painful menstrual cramps - uneven blood flow - and irregular periods. It's that dreaded time of the month again when women experience discomfort because of difficult menstruation or premenstrual syndrome (PMS). These are just some of the complications a woman must endure during her menstrual cycle. These are usually caused by a hormonal imbalance. While science may offer medical treatments for these conditions, nature's gifts, such as raspberry leaves, can be used with a minimal risk of side effects. If you seem to be having a hard time regulating your menstrual cycle, check out this guide below.
- 1 How does it work?
- 2 Classic Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- 3 Red Raspberry Iced Tea
- 4 Tips
- 5 Warnings
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 How much red raspberry leaf to take to regulate periods?
- 6.2 How does raspberry leaf regulate your menstrual cycle?
- 6.3 Is red raspberry leaf tea good for regulating flow during your period?
- 6.4 Does raspberry leaf tea make your periods longer?
- 6.5 Can you take too much raspberry leaf tea and cause heavy menstrual bleeding?
- 6.6 How long does it take for regulating menstruation tea to work?
- 6.7 Does raspberry tea help to regulate period?
- 6.8 Taking red raspberry pills stops menstrual?
- 6.9 Can I take the capsules to help me with my irregular periods?
- 6.10 Where can I buy this leaf tea? How soon does it usually take to work?
- 6.11 I didn't have my menses this month and I think I'm pregnant, will green leave red tea make my menses regular?
- 6.12 I was looking for something to regulate my cycle and balance my hormones. What does the Red Raspberry Tea do?
- 6.13 Aren't the leaves supposed to make my period come a few days after drinking the tea?
- 6.14 Where can l get it. l am a Nigerian. Can you help me? Thanks.
- 6.15 Taking it while on birth control?
- 6.16 I am trying to find a place that sells the tea, or somewhere I can purchase the tea leaves?
- 6.17 Is it safe to take around ovulation?
- 7 Referencing this Article
- 8 Comments
How does it work?
- 2This prevents the body from releasing hormones that causes premenstrual syndrome like cramping, anxiety and irritability.It is also a good source of easily assimilated calcium which helps regulates excessive hormones that your body produces every month, especially when you're near your time of the month.Advertisement
Classic Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
Classic red raspberry tea (infusion) is served hot. You should drink 2-3 cups of this a day, both before and during your menstrual cycle. The tea has wonderful benefits, including regulating a heavy blood flow.
What you need
- 3-5 cups of water
- 8-10 raspberry leaves
- honey or sugar
- 1It is important that you do not overheat it because you may end up taking away its nutrients.Put the raspberry leaves into a pot of water and let it simmer.Advertisement
- 2Add honey if you enjoy it a bit sweet. You can also use sugar or any other types of sweetener. Drink the tea during the day. Bottoms up!After five minutes, strain into a container.Advertisement
Red Raspberry Iced Tea
If you are not a fan of hot drinks, you can make a refreshing drink that you can also share with your family and friends over your late afternoon talks. Here's how.
What you need
- 5-8 cups of water
- 10-15 raspberry leaves
- honey or sugar
- ice cubes
- sliced lemon
- Put the raspberry leaves into a pot of water and let it simmer. It is important that you do not overheat it because you may end up taking away its nutrients.
- After five minutes, strain into a container.
- Add your chosen sweetener such as honey or sugar and let it cool.
- Once it cools down, pour it into a glass pitcher and add ice cubes. Drop lemon slices and a sprig of mint into the pitcher, and you will feel like you are indulging yourself.
- Red raspberry is perfect for menstrual cycle challenges. It will also ease any pain from menstrual periods. It also can rejuvenate and increase blood flow.
- It will also help menopausal women experiencing hot flashes.
- It also aids in teeth strengthening, and improves your skin.
- Raspberry tea is excellent for pregnant women, and recommended by most herbalists and midwives to strengthen the uterus.
- Drinking the tea every day will train your body to having easier and more healthy menstrual cycles.
- It's always wise to let your doctor know what treatments you are doing at home, especially if you're on medication. There are herbs that taken with other medications can be contraindicated.
- You might have allergic reactions so start slowly.
- Buy organic red raspberry leaves, as it doesn't do anyone any good to be ingesting pesticides and herbicides.
Questions and Answers
How much red raspberry leaf to take to regulate periods?
You can use 10-15 red raspberry leaves to make up to 8 cups of tea, which should last for about two days. If you purchase the raspberry leaves at a health food store, adding about three tablespoons to the water should be about right. Drinking raspberry leaf tea 3 times in one day should make you feel completely light and normal your menses. You can start drinking the tea a few days before your cycle begins. This way, the raspberry tea can already start taking effect. Red raspberry tea should decrease the intensity of cramps and reduce heavy bleeding, however, there are some cases that require one more cup of tea, depending on the severity of your menstrual cycle is. Red raspberry leaf is a natural herb and should be generally safe. If you are not comfortable with drinking more than 3 cups of red raspberry leaf tea and day, consult your OB-Gyn for the best advice.
You should drink 2 or 3 cups of the Red Raspberry Tea each day of your menstrual cycle, and a few days preceding your cycle.
How does raspberry leaf regulate your menstrual cycle?
Raspberry leaves, coined as the "woman's herb," are infused with a multitude of natural vitamins and minerals such as tannins, carotenoids, fragrine, vitamin B complex, vitamins A, C, D, and E, pectin, and citric acid, all of which are known to have beneficial effects to women's health, especially with the regulation of the menstrual cycle. The popularity of raspberry leaf tea can be traced back to the early Roman and Greek civilizations. It was used as a treatment for a variety of illnesses such as diarrhea, inflammation, flu, colds, rubella, mouth and gum problems, fever, thrush, and gastric problems, to name a few. The health benefits of raspberry leaves makes the tea an ideal drink for the entire family. This can be taken in capsule or pill form, but it is most effective consumed as a tea.
Raspberry leaf tea, which can be taken hot or cold and combined with honey, has also been found effective in alleviating and managing pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, preventing miscarriages, increasing labor speed, reducing stress, moderating blood sugar levels, and increasing milk production during lactation. Furthermore, this has been routinely used for toning of the uterine muscles to improve fertility for couples who are trying to get pregnant, and as immediate relief for dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation).
The combination of essential vitamins and minerals help balance the hormones, which in turn aids in regulating menstrual flow. It is advised to consume at least two to three cups of raspberry leaf tea daily. You will observe a gradual improvement in your menstrual flow after two to three months, so be patient. It may not be faster than taking chemical-based over-the-counter (OTC) medications or undergoing invasive treatment options, but is safer, cheaper, and so much easier on your body.
Yes, the raspberry leaf in fact contains Fragarine, a uterine tonic which have vitamins that work with other fruits and vegetables. The leaf strengthens the uterus, which in turn, reduces menstrual cramps and excessive bleeding.
Is red raspberry leaf tea good for regulating flow during your period?
Yes, red raspberry leaf tea is good for regulating flow during your period because it contains fragarine, that helps tone the uterus, thereby diminishing the blood flow.
See more questions like this: Do I need to drink raspberry leaf tea during my red days and stop at the day of ovulation
Does raspberry leaf tea make your periods longer?
No, raspberry leaf tea does not make your periods longer. Once you drink this tea daily, it can normalize your cycles, giving you a healthier menstrual cycle because the uterus is toned.
See more questions like this: Does raspberry leaf tea cause spotting in between periods
Can you take too much raspberry leaf tea and cause heavy menstrual bleeding?
No, taking too much raspberry leaf tea will not cause heavy menstrual bleeding. Actually, raspberry leaf tea, with its fragarine content, helps in the regulation of menstrual flow. It helps tone the uterus making your menstrual flow regulated and not too heavy.
How long does it take for regulating menstruation tea to work?
You would have to wait for at least one menstrual cycle. This way, you are training your body to get used to it. Regulating menstruation does not only happen during the actual red days. It involves the menstrual process throughout the entire 28-day cycle (give or take a few days). Therefore, you should at least maintain a consistent intake during that period of time before you see any effects.
Does raspberry tea help to regulate period?
The answer is yes; raspberry tea can help effectively regulate irregular menstrual cycles. The leaves contain raspberry ketones, which are similar to synephrine (found mostly in bitter oranges which aids in increasing metabolism), and capsaicin (that gives chili pepper its spicy flavor and also aids in increasing metabolism), that give this plant its natural pleasant scent. Raspberry ketones also relax muscle spasms therefore easing painful menstrual cramps and regulates heavy menstrual bleeding. Moreover, raspberry tea is full of essential nutrients like magnesium, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin C and vitamin E, which are all beneficial in regulating irregular periods. Drink raspberry tea two times a day before and during your period.
Taking red raspberry pills stops menstrual?
I been taking the red raspberry pills for two weeks to help me conceive, now I am 5 days late with my period, I did a home pregnancy test with negative results, can I be pregnant or does this pill effect my period.
Red Raspberry supplements can delay a period, especially if you experience light flows normally during your period.
Can I take the capsules to help me with my irregular periods?
Around the age of twelve, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was told that my testosterone levels were high. I was never really treated for it. Once I started became sexually active with a male, I would become sick and having pain. My periods have always been irregular and its really starting to seem like I can't conceive. This is my second day taking the maca pills as well. Do you think the red raspberry can help me?
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea is indeed beneficial for those with PCOS. The Red Raspberry leave improves the lining of your uterus, which is an issue with those that have PCOS. You should also add cinnamon to your diet to help regulate your period.
See more questions like this: I want my period to come now! How can I do that
Where can I buy this leaf tea? How soon does it usually take to work?
I'm not having regular periods.
You can find Red Raspberry Leaf Tea in health food stores as well as the vitamin section of your pharmacy. You can also follow the recipes above in this VisiHow article and make your own at home. Within a week of using the tea regularly there will be benefits.
I didn't have my menses this month and I think I'm pregnant, will green leave red tea make my menses regular?
How can you help me in this, I'm having pinkish bleeding and I guess its the implantation and I'm not married and I'm not ready for this pregnancy
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea is consumed during pregnancy but will not cause a miscarriage. It is taken to tone the uterus, especially in the last trimester, to ease birth and reduce the risk of interventions like C-sections.
I was looking for something to regulate my cycle and balance my hormones. What does the Red Raspberry Tea do?
What is good to regulate my menstrual?"
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Maca, Evening Primrose Oil, Cinnamon, and Chasteberry are all herbs that regulate hormones. The Red Raspberry Leaf tea will help tone your uterus in preparation for your menstrual cycle.
Aren't the leaves supposed to make my period come a few days after drinking the tea?
I have an irregular period, but I've been drinking this tea for two months now and still no period.
No the tea does not induce your period but can be used during your period to help with heavy bleeding.
Where can l get it. l am a Nigerian. Can you help me? Thanks.
Where can l get this tea in Lagos, Nigeria? The tea is available at Health Plus, Lekke and ShopRite locations but may not be available all year long, so when you see Red Raspberry Leaf Tea be sure to stock up!
Taking it while on birth control?
Can I use red raspberry leaf tea although I'm currently taking birth control pills, or will it interfere?
Red Raspberry Leaf tea will not interfere with birth control.
I am trying to find a place that sells the tea, or somewhere I can purchase the tea leaves?
I have used the product before, and I am not sure where I can purchase it. I have tried: I have used the red raspberry leaf tea. I think it was caused by: I used the pill in order to regulate my period when I was much younger. I have more estrogen than progesterone and my blood is thick.
Health Food Stores usually have either the tea or supplements. You can purchase the dried leaves online if you want to make the tea from scratch, or you can look for a local supplier of raspberries when they are in season in your area.
Is it safe to take around ovulation?
Is it safe to take around ovulation? I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Would like to increase fertility
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Red_Raspberry_Leaf_Tea_to_Regulate_Your_Menstrual_Cycle
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Red_Raspberry_Leaf_Tea_to_Regulate_Your_Menstrual_Cycle Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Red_Raspberry_Leaf_Tea_to_Regulate_Your_Menstrual_Cycle.
Categories : Physical Health
Recent edits by: Epios, Maria, jamil jamal