Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Ease Your Labor
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Eng, Joely, estrella sacragon
Red raspberry leaf has been known for its medical benefits since the ancient times. It is used to treat stomach aches, diarrhea, menstrual problems, inflammation and many others but it's most known usage is for use during pregnancy. It is one of the most important herbal alternatives that can ease labor.
Red raspberry used during pregnancy is made up of the plant's leaves. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals and it contains fragrine which helps muscles in the pelvic region and the uterus to to be toned making it more relaxed. This helps during contractions and makes labor easier.
Vitamins Found in Raspberry
How does it work?
Making a Red Raspberry Tea
- Pour the red raspberry leaves over boiling water and leave it for 10 minutes. You can use whole leaves or chopped ones so it can be more extracted.
- Strain the leaves and put the liquid in a container. You can add honey or sugar to sweeten the tea or any sweetener you wish to use.
- You now a red raspberry tea that you can drink for the whole day.
When do I start drinking red raspberry tea?
It is highly recommended that you start drinking red raspberry tea when you are at the 32nd week of your pregnancy since it may take several weeks to take effect. Start with a cup each day and make it 3 cups when you are nearing your due date. You may continue taking this until after you give birth since it has vitamins and mineral that can help you get back into shape.
Tips & Warnings
- If you do not have the time of making red raspberry tea, you can also buy raspberry leaf tea on groceries.
- Do not drink raspberry tea if:
- You are undergoing the caesarean section.
- You have high blood pressure or any medical condition that adds complication to your pregnancy.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Ease Your Labor. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Red_Raspberry_Leaf_Tea_to_Ease_Your_Labor
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Ease Your Labor." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Red_Raspberry_Leaf_Tea_to_Ease_Your_Labor Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Ease Your Labor." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Red_Raspberry_Leaf_Tea_to_Ease_Your_Labor.
Categories : Red Raspberry Leaf Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Joely, Eng, Geraldin Carniyan