Use Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Grimm, Rushell, Eng
You are watching VisiHow, and today we are going to show you how to use Private mode on your Samsung Galaxy S5 or S5 mini.
- 11A welcome message lets us know that Private mode secures your personal content and keeps it hidden on your device. This means you can hide things that are relevant or personal to you in the event that a friend or someone else asks to use your phone, and you don't want to show them your personal videos, images or information.We are now in Private mode.
- 15When you want to move content into Private mode, which I will demonstrate as well, this lets you know that there are three dots you can tap on to do this. There you will be able to hide your files or information. When Private mode is on, you will be able to see them, but when Private mode is off, you will not be able to see the information.The next screen explains how to mark content as private.
- 22I recommend that you choose a series of letters or numbers that mean something to you, rather than just a random set of numbers. For example, VISI. That consists of V, which is under the number 8, I, which is 4, S, which is 7, and back to I, which again is 4.You will also need to set a backup PIN number.
- 26I have swipe set up currently, but it wants me to use something more secure. We have a choice of using a pattern, PIN number, password, or fingerprint. We have several tutorials on this website that explain each of these methods, but for the purpose of this video, we will simply use a pattern, so tap on that.This will immediately take us to the screen lock area.
- 31If you set up Private mode, and you are trying to hide content or data from someone, rather than simply trying to stop your child or your coworker from surfing through your pictures, and you are basically just trying to hide something, do not use the same lock pattern and PIN code that you would normally use to access your phone. Otherwise, you will have defeated the purpose of Private mode, as a clever person will be able to determine that you have hidden content, and then look for it using the same credentials you had previously set up for them to not be able to see it. I just used the same pattern and PIN number for this demonstration. For now, we can press the Home button one time to go to the Home screen.Let me give you a bit of wisdom.
- 65This concludes our tutorial on using Private mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5. Thank you for choosing VisiHow, and we hope that you have a great day. If you have any questions or comments, please leave the in the section below, and we will get back to you.Now, you know how to use Private mode.Advertisement
Video: Use Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Private_Mode_on_Samsung_Galaxy_S5
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Private_Mode_on_Samsung_Galaxy_S5 Accessed 26 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Private Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5." Accessed May 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Private_Mode_on_Samsung_Galaxy_S5.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Rushell, Grimm