Use Phone Screen Sharing in Samsung SideSync Lollipop/Marshmallow vs Jelly Bean/KitKat
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Eng, Ephraim, Alma and 9 others
Samsung has done it again with the SideSync. It is a simple way to share screen displays between any Samsung mobile device and any Samsung Laptop or desktop computer. With SideSync, you are now able to share files and internet sites. Synchronizing the screens is intuitive thanks to Samsung engineering.
Method 1: Lollipop/Marshmallow
- 1 Enable USB debugging
- 2 Download and Install the SideSync App
- 3 To Turn ON the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2 or Lower Version:
- 4 To Turn ON the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2.2 or Higher
- 5 Connecting your Android Mobile Device to your Samsung computer
- 6 How to Install Phone Screen Sharing and SideSync Applications
- 7 To Run SideSync on your PC
- 8 To Run SideSync on your Android Mobile
- 9 Backing up your Samsung PC onto your Mobile Device using Kies
- 10 Sending Files from Mobile Unit to your PC
- 11 Tip:
- 12 Questions and Answers
- 12.1 Hi I am trying to connect my Samsung Note3 with my HP PC... but unable to connect.
- 12.2 Hi my config is win7 + Samsung Ultrabook 5 series + Galaxy S3?
- 12.3 Can't Install SideSync from Samsung apps?
- 12.4 I got a compatible problem can you tell me what to do?
- 12.5 What needs to be done on my PC to make the SideSync work It is a Samsung ATIV new series 9. The step did not explain about the PC
- 12.6 SideSync 3.0 no longer recognizes my Galaxy S5. Any idea why?
- 13 Comments
Enable USB debugging
Download and Install the SideSync App
Method 2: Jelly Bean/KitKat
If SideSync is not pre-installed on your Samsung mobile device, you must turn on the USB Debugging using a USB cable. Follow the steps below:
To Turn ON the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2 or Lower Version:
- 1Go to Settings on your mobile device Menu.Advertisement
- 2To the right at the top of the screen is an On/Off virtual switch. Move the slider to ON. There will be a checkmark pop up if it is turned on.Select Developer Options.
To Turn ON the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2.2 or Higher
- 1Go to Settings on your mobile device Menu.
- 2It is located in the upper right area of your screen.Click More Menu.
- 3Click on About Phone.
- 4This will activate the Developer Mode.Now, at the Android Build Number on your Samsung mobile device, tap seven times.
- 5At Developer Mode select Developer Options.
- 6It will turn on, and a checkmark should pop up to the right of USB Debugging.Tap the USB Debugging.
Connecting your Android Mobile Device to your Samsung computer
You can pair your Samsung Android mobile device with your Samsung computer via a USB cable, or with WiFi. You can choose to use your phone sharing using the PC mouse or keyboard. You can quickly switch from either of these modes to the other during connection. There are two versions of the Samsung SideSync. Version One will pair your Laptop and a mobile unit, only by using a USB cable. Version two will connect via WiFi and the USB cable.
How to Install Phone Screen Sharing and SideSync Applications
- 1To install the SideSync app:
- First, you must open the Samsung Apps application on your Android mobile device.
- Now Tap the Search icon. It looks like a magnifying glass. Then type in the word SideSync.
- Open the Samsung Apps app on your mobile device.
- Click on the Search icon (Magnifying glass) on your device and search for SideSync.
- Just tap Install at the SideSync app. Within a few minutes, you will have the SideSync app.
- 2To install the Phone Screen Sharing app:
- Tap the Phone Screen app.
- When you open both the SideSync and Phone Screen applications, there will be easy-to-follow instructions for installation.
- 3A couple of great features with your SideSync is that you can back up data on your Samsung mobile device to your ATIV Book 9+, or other Samsung PC, once connected via the USB cable, at the same time you're charging the mobile device. All you have to do is connect with no special applications. With this two-in-one function, you will save time and trouble.With SideSync you can charge your Android mobile device while backing up data.
- 4Make your Samsung Mobile Device a dual monitor.
- Easily operated with a Mouse. This means your Android mobile device can be a two-way monitor, sharing whatever is on its screen on your PC screen. You can use either your mouse or keyboard on both your PC, and Galaxy, Note, or Tab. Just go to SideSync Settings, and set the location of your Samsung mobile device. Now, move your PC mouse cursor, and it will show up on your connected mobile device. You can still use your PC by simply moving the mouse cursor again. Once you have done this, you can use both devices at the same time.
- Easily operated with the keyboard. It is also possible to use your Samsung Laptop or desktop keyboard instead of your mobile device. It's a nifty function, especially if you have large or awkward fingers on your Samsung Galaxy, Note, or Tab. It does make it easier for any long-term writing, such as chatting.
- 5You can share files conveniently by simply dragging and dropping them from either your PC or mobile device, once connected with SideSync. There is even clipboard sharing possible via cut-and-paste action. Just do the standard Control+C, then Control+V and you have effectively moved the text as desired.Sharing clipboard and files is easy.
- 6You can enjoy whatever you are looking at on your mobile device on your Samsung computer monitor. Go to Phone Screen Sharing, and the Screen Capturing mode, you can select a screen and save it. Then you can easily send any captured photos on your PC to family and friends through any social network. With the screen-sharing feature, you can also control your screen viewing on your Android mobile device from your PC with its virtual screen function. You can change the size of your screen so that you can have other program Windows displayed.Sharing the Android mobile device screen display on your PC monitor is easy.
- 7In Phone Screen Sharing, with the SideSync pen mode, you can write directly on screens on any of the Android devices, and jot notes or circle items that you wish to send to someone on their Samsung Laptop wirelessly.The SideSync pen mode is versatile.
To Run SideSync on your PC
- 1It will automatically start SideSync running.First, click the SideSync icon on your Samsung PC.
- 2If you are paired via USB cable, your mobile device is now connected.
- 3Choose yours when it shows up.If you are paired via WiFi, a mobile device scan will appear on your PC.
- 4Now select either the WiFi or hardwire connection.
- 5Your Samsung Laptop or PC is now connected to your Samsung mobile device thanks to SideSync. All the useful applications above should be available.Connection Notice should display at the top of your PC screen.
- 6The display from your mobile device will now be on your PC screen, too. All Phone Screen Sharing functions are now ready for your use.Click the Phone Screen Sharing to activate it.
- 7Get your mobile device functions to appear on a PC monitor.
- Go to Settings. It is in the top right corner once you are in the SideSync program on your Samsung PC.
- Select the features you want to use anytime you pair your Samsung Laptop and mobile device. You can use your PC mouse to choose whatever app you want.
To Run SideSync on your Android Mobile
- 1To run the SideSync app on your Android mobile device, click the Menu key, and then click Settings.
- 2Now you can easily activate the shortcut for the wheel button, and the right-click button of your PC's mouse. Note that you can change the speed of your cursor, and use the keyboard keys as shortcuts.Go to Mouse Button.
- 3You can backup your mobile device data while it's charging during the SideSync connection. If you have the Galaxy Note3, reportedly, it is done differently than instructed here.Automatic backup of your Samsung PC and charging of your mobile device.
- 4If you have a Galaxy Note3, please consult its manual for instructions on backing up files to your Samsung PC, and for charging.
- 5You can only backup files if you are hardwired with a USB cable between your PC and Android mobile device.
- 6Then checkmark where it says Automatically run Auto Backup when a USB is connected. If this automatic backup does not appear, go online and download the latest version of SideSync at the SideSync website. You can backup files from your PC onto your mobile device with Kies from your SideSync app on your Samsung computer.Go to Settings of your PC program.
Backing up your Samsung PC onto your Mobile Device using Kies
- 1Choose PC -> Smartphone.Click Sending Files.
- 2From your PC mouse click the file/s you wish to send.
- 3Then drop it/them.Hold the left-click on your mouse and drag the files to your mobile device screen.
- 4Once the mouse cursor shows up on the mobile device screen, just let go of the left-click.
- 5(/storage/sdcard/Download)All files backed up will be saved in this folder:
Sending Files from Mobile Unit to your PC
- 1Tap the My Files on your mobile device.
- 2Choose a file, then go to the Share Menu at the top of your screen.
- 3Tap SideSync.
- 4A window will display so that you can choose the desired folder on your PC screen.
- 5The selected file will automatically be saved on your PC.
- 6At Setting, go to the mouse wheel display, then right click.Operating with Function Keys can be done using the F1 through F12 keys in SideSync.Advertisement
The latest ATIV laptops have UHD touch screen and an 11-hour battery life which makes them excellent for connecting to your Android mobile device when not near a power outlet.
Questions and Answers
Hi I am trying to connect my Samsung Note3 with my HP PC... but unable to connect.
Samsung Note3 to HP PC connect
Connect your device to the computer and allow the device software to download automatically through the internet connection, so you will be able to retrieve information off of your phone successfully.
You will not be able to use SideSync to connect your Note3 to your HP PC. According to the list of supported devices, only the ATIV series notebooks and PC's are compatible. You can check out the list here:
If you just want to connect the phone to your PC for file transfers, you can do so with Samsung's Kies software, available here:
See more questions like this: Can you help with my SD card issue? My pictures are not viewable
Hi my config is win7 + Samsung Ultrabook 5 series + Galaxy S3?
SideSync already downloaded and running on my phone. but I don't know how to share my keyboard and my mouse
You can share your keyboard and mouse by connecting your device to your computer to use this function successfully once you connect your device you will notice the option to use SideSync on your computer.
SideSync only works on certain PC models and smartphones. The Galaxy S3 is on the list of supported devices, but the Ultrabook 5 series is not. The supported list of PC models are:
Supported PC models
Global (Except Korea): ATIV Book, ATIV Book Q, ATIV One, ATIV Tab
Korea: ATIV Book, ATIV Book Q, ATIV One, ATIV Tab, ATIV Smart PC
You can see more at Samsung's site here:
See more questions like this: Is SideSync compatible with the Galaxy S3
Can't Install SideSync from Samsung apps?
When I try to install SideSync it tells me that I don't have space and to remove some apps??? I have over 2 GB of free space. What else can it be?
This may be because you are downloading the application to a location that does not have enough space on it for the download. Ensure that you free up space on your internal memory as well as your SD card for you to be able to download the application.
See more questions like this: How can I solve SideSync issues between S4 and Samsung Ultrabook
I got a compatible problem can you tell me what to do?
I got a compatible problem can you tell me what to do
You need to look for other software to install onto your computer to bypass the compatibility issues. In most cases, there is already software available that will match any computer and any operating system.
Also, at times, it may just be an issue of having to restart your system so that it can detect the connection again. It may have been compatible already, but the system has not fully detected the software. Restarting will solve this issue.
See more questions like this: SideSync Samsung GS5 cannot transfer photos?
What needs to be done on my PC to make the SideSync work It is a Samsung ATIV new series 9. The step did not explain about the PC
This means your Android mobile device can be a two-way monitor, sharing whatever is on its screen on your PC screen. You can use either your mouse or keyboard on both your PC, and Galaxy, Note, or Tab. Just go to SideSync Settings, and set the location of your Samsung mobile device. Now, move your PC mouse cursor, and it will show up on your connected mobile device. You can still use your PC by simply moving the mouse cursor again. Once you have done this, you can use both devices at the same time."
With the SideSync on your computer, you don't have to do much. You just need to install the SideSync program on your computer. One it has been installed, you just need to launch the application then connect the phone via USB cord and wait for it to load as it will automatically show up on your computer screen and get it mirrored.
SideSync 3.0 no longer recognizes my Galaxy S5. Any idea why?
Running Win 7. Used to connect via USB & SideSync 3.0 to my Galaxy S5. I installed a PCIe USB 3 card, and now SideSync won't see the S5 (but Kies still does). I don't understand.
This sometimes happens as a glitch. If this continues to happen, you may want to do a temporary uninstall the software from your computer and then install it again. This will refresh the system. Sometimes, this happens when some components of the software gets deleted or gets affected by a bug.
See more questions like this: Why am I having SideSync 3.0 connection problems
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: rootme, Doug Collins, Nuance