Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Amanda, Eng, Jen M
- 1 Download and Install
- 2 Steps
- 3 Video: Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6 Download and Install
- 4 Manage Settings
- 5 Steps
- 6 Video: Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6 Manage Settings
- 7 Check Internet Connection and Speed
- 8 Steps
- 9 Video: Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6 Check Internet Connection and Speed
- 10 Referencing this Article
- 11 Comments
Download and Install
You're watching VisiHow. Today, we are going to show you how to download and install the Ookla Speedtest for your iPhone 6.
- 9Now we can see it's called the "Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test". What this allows us to do is test the speed of our mobile device or connection. We will be taken to the actual application page. Some people may be wondering why this is helpful. The reason that it's helpful is that it allows us to troubleshoot connectivity issues between our wireless provider or phone provider and our Internet or home provider. This means that we will be able to tell where a problem is. For example, if we could not connect to the Internet on our home account, but we could connect to it over cellular or vice versa, we can quickly and easily determine who the real cause of the problem is. We can also tell how fast a connection is. If, for example, we are paying for 4G speeds, but only getting 2G speeds.Tap one time on the app.
- 10It depends on the version as to which one will be present. In our case, it says "OPEN", as we've previously downloaded it. If it says "GET", it will install, and it will trigger a password entry field. It depends on where we are in this process. Once the application is downloaded, it will automatically begin to install.Tap on the "GET", "INSTALL", or "OPEN" icon, or the little cloud.
- 13If you have questions, comments or suggestions, do please leave them in the comments section below. Otherwise, thanks for choosing VisiHow. Have a great day, and we look forward to seeing you in some of our other videos.This concludes our tutorial on how to download and install the Ookla Speedtest application for your iPhone 6.
Video: Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6 Download and Install
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to control and manage options and settings in Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6.
- 4It is blue with a white speedometer on it moving at a high rate of speed. Give it a quick tap and it will launch the application. Once the application launches, we will be on the main home screen. From here, we can tap "Begin Test", however, we discuss that in another video on how to use the Ookla Speedtest app to check the speed of the phone or Internet connection. What we're going to do now is show what the icons at the bottom mean.Find the Ookla Speedtest icon.
- 9The settings are here. With the settings, we can change the server. Our current server is listed at the top of the page. It's in "Tblisi", where we happen to be. We can change the server, display our speeds in Mbps or kB/s, depending, and we're given our Internal IP and our External IP.Tap on the "SETTINGS" icon in the bottom row, second from the right.
- 15If you have additional questions, comments or suggestions, do make sure you leave them in the section below. Otherwise, enjoy using the application to confirm that you are indeed getting the speeds that you paid for. Have fun playing with the settings and moving things around. Should you choose to remove ads, then you can simply tap on the "Remove Ads" button, which will take you to the store where you can buy the application. We do not want to do that, so we will tap on "CANCEL". "Purchase did not complete successfully", tap "OK". If you want to do that though, we just showed you how. Have fun and thanks, as ever, for using VisiHow. Have a great day.This concludes our tutorial on how to control and manage the settings of the Ookla Speedtest application for your iPhone 6.
Video: Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6 Manage Settings
Check Internet Connection and Speed
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to check the speed of your iPhone 6 Internet connection using the Ookla Speedtest application.
- 5Then we can tap and begin the test. We can see on the top of the phone that we're connected over WiFi, as indicated by the little WiFi signal icon. We can also see that our location services are currently being used, as we have given permission to use location services to Ookla. If the phone does not automatically ask about location services, that's not an issue. We can still use the speed test. However, we may want to go over to the Settings panel and use some of the functions there to change that.Find the best testing area.
- 12Note that our download speed was very consistent, whereas our upload speed was all over the place. This is indicated by the graphs beneath "DOWNLOAD" and "UPLOAD". This is the sort of information that lets us know whether or not there's a problem with our connection. In this case, there's no problem with our download speed. Our average upload speed is about the same as our download, at 11.73 Mbps, but as we can see, it's all over the place. The graph shows that there's nothing in the beginning, then it spikes up extremely fast, then it goes back down to nothing and then it spikes back up again. This is the sort of thing that can create a problem for us or anyone using our connection or sharing a connection with us.Let's look at the test itself.
- 15If you have questions or comments, or you'd like to share your own Speedtest results with us, we'd love to hear from you. Please let us know in the section below. As ever, thank you for choosing VisiHow, and have a great day.This concludes our tutorial on how to use the Ookla Speedtest application to check the speed of your Internet connection on iPhone 6.Advertisement
Video: Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6 Check Internet Connection and Speed
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Ookla_Speedtest_for_iPhone_6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Ookla_Speedtest_for_iPhone_6 Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Ookla Speedtest for iPhone 6." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Ookla_Speedtest_for_iPhone_6.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Amanda, Grimm