Use Onions to Enhance Your Voice when Singing
Edited by Ermin, Lynn, Eng, Doug Collins and 3 others
Onions have been among the most effective herbal medicines since ancient times. Today, it's also been used to enhance your singing voice. If you haven't experienced effectiveness of onions for improving and beautifying your singing voice, then this would be the right time to learn all about it. In this article, you find out about how onions can be used to enhance your voice.
Onions: Nutrients, Vitamins, and Minerals
Onions are rich in magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. They contain a lot of vitamin B9 and vitamin C, as well as small amounts of vitamin B. A 100 gram serving of onions contains 1.8% fiber, 8% carbohydrates, 0.16% fat, and more than one 1% protein. 90% percent is water. You see how onions are beneficial to your overall health.
Onions: The Solution For Enhancing Your Singing Voice
Onions are full of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Because of the active sulphurous compounds, onions are good for many ailments; even chronic diseases. One of its main functions is getting rid of infections in the body, especially in the respiratory system. Onions are among the best natural antibiotics. Diseases like bronchitis, influenza, common colds, pharyngitis, and other respiratory tract infections can be treated with onions. Some professional singers have overlooked the efficacy of onions. Indeed, they sing well if there are no problems with their respiratory tract. If there are, singing will become difficult, and perhaps impossible until the situation has been remedied. They have to rest for few days and wait until their condition improves, which is a waste of their time. Phlegm buildup is a common cause for an afflicted singing voice. This phlegm might have formed due to bacteria or infection in the respiratory tract. Onions are pungent like garlic. Most people cannot bear to eat them raw, but there are other means of preparing onions to deal with their strong flavor.
Ways to Prepare Onions
- 1In Chinese medicine, onions have been used for treating inflammation in the throat for ages. They use the liquid extracted from onions to make syrup. To do this, you just have to chop some onions and put them into a small glass jar. Cover it and wait for a couple of days. After that, you will see a liquid form like syrup. This liquid has been formed from the onions' moisture. The more you chop onions, the higher the amount of syrup you can make. You may then strain the syrup from the glass jar into a new clean jar and refrigerate. After it has been chilled, you should take a tablespoon of it to relieve the uncomfortable feeling in the throat every day.Onion Syrup.Advertisement
- 2It has been said that boiling can destroy the active properties found in all herbs. It is recommended to use them raw, as they are a lot more potent than boiled or cooked. You can also make onion salad with other vegetables. This way you can eat it and consume all the nutrients found in the onions and other vegetables you add to the recipe. Simply make a salad in your kitchen. Add a lot of onions, and your favorite vegetables. Tomatoes and cucumbers are especially good with onions.Onion Salad.Advertisement
- 3Wondering whether onions taste better in tea? The answer is yes. It is just like you are making your own herbal tea at home - using onions. You just have to chop some onions and place them into a pot with water. Make sure the water is enough to cover all onions. Simmer for 10 or 15 minutes. Transfer the 'tea' into a teapot to reserve some for later. Fill your cup with onion tea, add honey to taste, and enjoy.Onion Tea.
- 4To make baked onions, prepare some unpeeled medium-sized bulbs of onion. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut each bulb of unpeeled onion in half and place them into a roasting pan. Don't crowd the onions. Make sure there is enough room for them to bake evenly. Add some olive oil to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake them for 20-40 minutes. Enjoy!Baked Onions.
- 5All you need is a juicer and some onions. The more onions you put into the juicer, the more juice you can make. Add honey. Honey is preferable because it has some medicinal benefits itself. After blend the mixture until it looks soft like smoothie, pour some into an ice cube tray. Whenever you want, as many times a day you'd like, pop an onion ice cube candy out of the ice cube tray. This will help you enhance your singing voice.Onion Ice Cube Candy.
Now you have some ideas how to use onions to improve your singing voice. You may want to take onions every day. You can also eat a slice of onion at every meal, if the above information seems to take a lot of time for you to prepare. Not only can onions help enhance your voice, but they also improve your overall health.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Don't leave the onions in the jar longer than a few days when you're making syrup. There is a slight possibility that onion syrup can trigger growth of bacteria when neglected in the kitchen too long.
- Onions can cause bad breath. You probably knew that.
- If you have stomach issues, you should avoid eating onions. Onions could worsen your stomach problems.
- Only consume onions in small amounts if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. These can promote some adverse effects in large amounts, to both you and your baby.
- Onions are safe to consume, even in large amounts. It is better, however, to be certain by asking your doctor what would be the right dose for you. You may have other conditions that can interact with onions' properties.
Questions and Answers
Onion tea for voice? Does it work?
Onion tea is one of the most used herbal teas to improve one's singing voice. Onions have many essential nutrients and compounds that can enhance a person's voice. Some of the reasons onions improve a person's voice are:
- Onions have powerful antibacterial properties. Sore throats caused by bacterial infections can be greatly improved by eating raw onions or consuming onion syrup daily - helping the throat to heal naturally.
- Onions also improves blood circulation in the throat.
- Onions also loosen thick mucus secretions or phlegm and helps to de-congest blocked airway passages in the throat, making breathing much easier.
- Onion tea is also effective in managing swollen larynx or laryngitis.
In regards to your query, drinking a warm cup of onion tea works well to enhance a person's voice.
How to make my voice high using this organic tea?
I'm asking if I can turn my voice into a beautiful and high, because my voice is low.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: fanele, Nuance, Doug Collins