Use OK Google on the Locked Nexus 6P
Edited by Djinu, VisiHow, Eng, yamum
You're watching VisiHow. In a previous video, we demonstrated how to turn on "OK, Google!" In this video, we are going to demonstrate how to access "OK, Google!" from the lock screen.
This has been a video tutorial on how to use "OK, Google!" from the lock screen. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
Video: Use OK Google on the Locked Nexus 6P
Questions and Answers
Whats the point of saying, "OK, Google!" if you still have to swipe to unlock the phone?
My problem is you wasted 18 seconds of my life! I have tried: I have tried being patient. I think it was caused by: This dumb Web site
We apologize for any caused inconvenience. Our tutorials are constantly updated, so please come back to find more answers to your questions. To unlock your smartphone with "OK, Google!" without having to swipe the screen, you can use the Smart Lock feature.
- 1We have a tutorial for that ("How to upgrade an Android smartphone or tablet).Update your smartphone if needed.
- 2Press the home button.
- 3Tap on "Apps" or a set of white boxes.
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap "Security" under "Personal".
- 6Scroll down to "Advanced" and tap on "Trust agents".
- 7Enable "Smart Lock".
- 8Press the back button.
- 9In "Device security", tap on "Smart Lock".
- 10You may be asked to unlock your smartphone or configure the lock.
- 11The device may unlock automatically as you are carrying your device with you, you are in a trusted location, a trusted Bluetooth device has been connected, your device recognizes your face or your voice. This will allow you to use "OK, Google!" without unlocking the phone. Please note that some of the features are not supported by some devices.Now, set the Smart Lock option.Advertisement
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Djinu