Use OK Google from a locked HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Ash0hley, Eng
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to allow the OK Google voice commands when an HTC One M8 is securely locked.
- 10This means that we will be able to say "OK Google," and that will still work, even if the phone is locked. Currently, the setting is grey. It is not activated. This is the default setting. To use this setting, we have first to set up the OK Google voice command to work in any screen.This video is about how we can allow the "OK Google voice command" to work when the HTC One M8 is securely locked.
- 11Say 'OK Google' to start a voice search from the Google app." The default setting is 'On'. We can activate Google Voice command when we're using the application.We can edit it so that we can use it in any situation. You can find a video tutorial on how to do that, on this website. Please take a look at it. It will help guide you through that process.If we look at the top, it says, "From the Google App.
- 12Once that is activated, we can allow this option. It says, "Personal results. Allow personal results and actions when our phone is securely locked." It will allow the OK Google voice command to work when the phone is locked. This obviously has some dangers. Other people may be able to access our phone. When we set up this section, "From any screen", it will ask you to speak and take an example of our voices. That way, it can understand us better when we start to use the function. If the voice is not the same, it won't allow this person to use the phone.The "From any screen" option, is currently activated.
- 13It's going to give us this warning, "'OK Google' from the lock screen. Someone else may be able to use voice commands, such as calling, or texting, or access your address, contacts and other personal information - even if your device is locked." So they won't be able to unlock our device, but they may be able to use certain aspects of it. This is why the default setting for this is turned off. Let's press down on 'OK'.We can now turn this option, "Personal results", 'On'.
- 18If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process you've seen in this video, then please leave them in the comments section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow and goodbye!This then, concludes our tutorial on how to allow the OK Google voice command to work when an HTC One M8 is securely locked.Advertisement
Video: Use OK Google from a locked HTC One M8
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Ash0hley, Thor