Use IR Verbs in Spanish
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is part of a series of videos on the Spanish language. In this video, we are going to show you how to use verbs ending in "IR".
- 3To conjugate any regular "IR" verb in the present tense, take off the "-ir" at the end of the verb and add the following endings.We will use the verb "Vivir" as an example, and this means "To live". As we mentioned earlier, we'll need to take off the "-ir" from the end of the verb. Then we're going to add one of these endings.
- "Viv-o" - "I live"
- "Viv-es" - "You live", (Informal)
- "Viv-e" - "He or She lives", "You live" (Formal)
- "Viv-imos" - "We live"
- "Viv-ís" - "You live" (plural)
- "Viv-en" - "They live" (also You Formal plural)
- 4As we said earlier, there are three types of verb endings, "AR", "ER" and "IR"."IR" is different from the other two forms because it changes a little bit. Even though the verb ends in "IR", sometimes we use an "E" in the endings. In regular "AR" verbs, it will always be an "A", such as "-as", "-a", "-amos", "-áis" and "-an". The "IR" verb is a bit different from the other two in that aspect.
- 8Now, you try to conjugate some "IR" verbs.A couple of regular "IR" verbs are "Compartir", which means "To share" and "Abrir", which means "To open". Conjugate them using the method we've shown in this video, and then try and make your own sentences with them. Since both are regular verbs, you can just follow the same rules and pattern that we've already talked about.
- 9Leave your sentences in the comment section below, so you can share them with us.Then we can also see how well you have understood this lesson. This concludes our tutorial on how to use "IR" verbs in the Spanish language. If you have any questions, comments or queries regarding this video or about the content in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you.Advertisement
Video: Use IR Verbs in Spanish
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use IR Verbs in Spanish. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_IR_Verbs_in_Spanish
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use IR Verbs in Spanish." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_IR_Verbs_in_Spanish Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use IR Verbs in Spanish." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_IR_Verbs_in_Spanish.
Categories : Language
Recent edits by: Rushell, Thor