Use hot chocolate to soothe a bulimic stomach
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Eng, Adrian Penaflor, Lynn and 2 others
Bulimia nervosa is a known eating disorder that involves binge eating and purging to avoid weight gain. This is a destructive disorder because the person resorts to the frantic measure of induced vomiting just to counter the guilt and the effects of excessive eating. Bulimics eat what they want in large amounts. They feel good while they are eating, but then they feel guilty enough to make their bodies expel what they just ate. Bulimia is a psychological disorder that makes you think too much about your body image. Because of this critical perception, your eating habits are altered. One of the effects of bulimia is that the stomach becomes damaged. The throat is also injured because of frequent vomiting or purging. You can use hot chocolate to soothe a bulimic stomach, provided you take it in moderation. With this remedy, along with therapy, you will eventually recover from bulimia and get your life back.
Having an eating disorder is not a joke. It tends to rule your life and can lead you to your demise. You can tell if you have an eating disorder if you experience the following:
- You are so full that it makes you sick.
- You worry that you have uncontrollable eating habits.
- You have already lost at least 6 kilograms (around 13 pounds) in the last three months.
- Food takes over your life.
- You continue to see yourself as fat, even if other people see you as thin.
One of the most common eating disorders is bulimia nervosa. This condition affects both men and women. It usually starts during childhood and is affected by genes. Those who are related to bulimics have a greater risk of developing the eating disorder as well. Main symptoms of bulimia nervosa are:
- 1This is a collection of episodes that involves eating a lot, even if you are not hungry. Here, bulimics have an urge to keep eating in a hurry. As a result, they become uncomfortable on a regular basis. Binge eating makes their eating habits very chaotic. You can tell if binge eating is in progress through the following symptoms:Binge eating.Advertisement
- Secretly eating. This involves sneaking into the kitchen to eat while everyone sleeps, eating in private, and going out for food runs alone.
- Uncontrollable eating. Bulimics cannot stop eating to a point of discomfort.
- No weight change. Even if the bulimic eats large amounts of food, there is no change in weight at all.
- Hidden stashes of food and quick disappearance of food. The only evidence of food are wrappers and containers in the trash. Stashes of food are also found in closets or tubs in the bedroom.
- Fasting and overeating alternately. They may do extreme eating at one time and then not eat at another.
Reasons for binging and purging may evolve around self-image, emotional instability, and the fear of gaining too much weight.
Complications of bulimia nervosa
The following are some of the common complications suffered by those who have bulimia:
- 1Poor diet results in an imbalance of hormones in your body. This imbalance affects your menstrual cycle. You menstruate irregularly.Irregular menstrual cycles.Advertisement
- 2Because bulimics use laxatives excessively and vomit a lot, they experience chemical imbalances that bring about kidney damage, convulsions, arrhythmia, generalized body weakness, and fatigue.Imbalance in chemicals.
- 3If you take laxatives excessively, you damage the nerve endings and the muscles in your bowels. If you do not correct this, you will have permanent bouts of abdominal pain and constipation.Irregular bowel.
- 4Fluid accumulation in the face, feet, and hands usually occur because of bulimia. Salivary glands also swell up because of excessive vomiting.Edema.
- 5Bulimia makes you feel low, irritable, and moody. You should talk to your doctor if you are suffering from depression so that it could be treated immediately. You can also feel disgust, low self-esteem, and guilt.Depression and other psychological issues.
- 6This is because of the stomach acids that corrode the enamel of your teeth due to frequent vomiting.Dental problems.
How to Use Hot Chocolate to Soothe a Bulimic Stomach
Chocolate can actually help ease the bulimic stomach. As you know, bulimia stresses the stomach. Purging all the time is not a healthy, easy habit after eating. The digestive system will definitely be in chaos after all the irregularities that it has been experiencing. Hot chocolate can help soothe an upset bulimic stomach. Here are some ways you can use hot chocolate to do this:
- 2The higher the percentage of cocoa in your dark chocolate, the more helpful your hot chocolate will be. Also, be ready for a much more bitter chocolate taste. Dark chocolate is not mixed with milk, and only with very little sugar.Purchase dark chocolate 75 percent and above.
- Boil it in water. Do not use milk yet when boiling the dark chocolate.
- Do not incorporate milk in it. Let the pure cocoa bring relief to the stomach.
- 3Consider using milk.
- Get a saucepan and mix dark chocolate and milk. Do this if you're not lactose intolerant.
- Let the mixture boil.
- Consume while still hot.
- Sip slowly.
It is important for you to ease your stomach after your bulimia. This will help you eat at a normal pace and get your metabolism back to normal. Thanks to hot chocolate, you will be able to soothe that tired stomach.
- Consult your doctor about using hot chocolate as a stomachache relief for your bulimia.
- See if you are lactose intolerant.
- You can also mix peppermint or ginger in your hot chocolate.
Questions and Answers
I have a bad stomach flu and I just need something to help?
Chest on fire, stomach flu, sore throat, shaking. I have tried: We tried ibuprofen we also tried miro lax
The ibuprofen could cause even more stomach irritation when you have the stomach flu. You will want to replenish your electrolytes and you can make a Home Made Oresol Solution to boost your electrolytes. Treat Nausea and Vomiting is a VisiHow article with helpful suggestions on how to handle the stomach flu.
Your sore throat is due to the acid from your stomach. To soothe your sore throat and stomach, put a piece of fresh ginger in the side of your cheek or sip slowly on raw ginger steeped in hot water. You can try gargling with the ginger tea but since you have the flue this may trigger you to vomit right now. You can add a bit of honey to the tea but keep in mind to drink it slowly with just one teaspoon every 15 minutes until you are sure you will not vomit up the liquid.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Hot Chocolate to Soothe a Bulimic Stomach. (2014). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Hot_Chocolate_to_Soothe_a_Bulimic_Stomach
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Hot Chocolate to Soothe a Bulimic Stomach." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Hot_Chocolate_to_Soothe_a_Bulimic_Stomach Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Hot Chocolate to Soothe a Bulimic Stomach." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Hot_Chocolate_to_Soothe_a_Bulimic_Stomach.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Maria, Lynn, Adrian Penaflor