Use Google Inbox on Samsung Galaxy
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
You are watching VisiHow, and today we are going to show you how you can get started with the new Google Inbox mail application on your Samsung Galaxy S5 or Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.
- 7When you find the Inbox application, a simple press will open it.You may have to swipe through, depending on the number of applications that you have installed.
- 8The Inbox application bundles up clutter and moves it out of your way and off your system. It lets you quickly and easily access and identify messages that are important to you while eliminating the messages that are not.Once pressed, the Inbox application will take you to the home screen of the Google Inbox application.
- 11This lets you take an email message and put it away for some time until a specific time. For example, supposedly in the morning when you are in the office you open up your messages, and you see there a reminder that you set the day before to buy flowers for your wife or to pick up a bottle of cologne for your husband. Now, it is early morning and what happens is your boss calls you about a crisis, and you need to rush out and take care of that. By the time the day finishes, you will have completely forgotten about what you were going to do and what you set your reminder for. This way, you can "Snooze" that reminder until 3, 4, or even 5 o'clock in the evening, or whenever you choose; and it will come back and remind you: "Hi,! You were supposed to do this this morning, and you told me to come back and let you know." What a wonderful feature it is in this new application!Lastly, you also have the ability to set "Snooze".
- 18I can tap on "No, thanks", or I can tap on "Create Reminder". We do have an article on using the Google applications to create reminders, which can be found in the link below; otherwise, let us move onto the next part of this tutorial. To create a reminder using this Google application, simply tap on "Create Reminder".And you have your options to create reminders should you choose to.
- 24Now, for those who wonder whether it is a bit silly to set a reminder until someday: let us take an example of those of us who want to lose weight, and we keep telling ourselves every day to do some push-ups, to do some sit-ups, to run, to not have a delicious cream cheese bagel that we have been having every morning. And yet, we continue to do that every day. Setting this reminder for Sunday allows you cheat a bit, and yet still stick to some sort of a reminder, while it is just setting a schedule of something that you are really simply not probably going to do. Now, we can see in the bottom the Social area with information from Facebook, InterNations, and from Twitter. If I tap on "Social", it will take me to my Social feed.My reminder is set to remind me someday that I need to shave.
- 25You can see that I have a new message from Cliff, unread messages in my inbox from InterNations; a reminder from H&R Block about my taxes, a message from Twitter with information on people whom I might want to follow, and several other messages, mostly from Facebook.Your messages are on the screen now.
- 41This way everything that you need is quickly and easily accessible with Google Inbox. On standard Gmail you have to find time to cycle through different things, find different options, and set up your own rules and otherwise generally complicated settings that most people often do not bother to use.We have the checkbox icon here, which lets you sweep across any line, which is either pinned or unpinned to move it as a "done" or "set" option.Now, you can close it, refresh your inbox by swiping downwards across the screen.
- 44That is your Home button that will take you back to your Home screen.Now, go to the bottom to the black oval-shaped button and press it one time.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial on how to set up the early Google Inbox and get started using it as opposed to the normal Gmail application. Remember that you do need your invitation for Google Inbox in your current Gmail inbox in order to be able to use Google Inbox. The application is available on Play Store and App Store if you are using other devices.Thanks for using VisiHow! If you have questions or comments, let us know in the section below. Have a great day!
Video: Use Google Inbox on Samsung Galaxy
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Google Inbox on Samsung Galaxy. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Google_Inbox_on_Samsung_Galaxy
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Google Inbox on Samsung Galaxy." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Google_Inbox_on_Samsung_Galaxy Accessed 24 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Google Inbox on Samsung Galaxy." Accessed May 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Google_Inbox_on_Samsung_Galaxy.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Alexander Avdeev, Grimm