Use Ginger to Improve Your Respiratory System
Edited by Ermin, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng and 2 others
Our respiratory system is very important, because it allows us to breathe. If your respiratory system is damaged because of chronic illness, or worse, a serious disease, you will live a life laden with breathing issues. If you have an infection in your respiratory system, do something to treat it as soon as possible; otherwise it could spread to other parts of your body. Before I discuss the treatment for respiratory issues, you have to know the list of common ailments related to respiratory diseases. You or someone in your family, or perhaps a friend may suffer from one of these common diseases. After reading this article, perhaps you can help to relieve their discomfort by following the helpful suggestions below.
- 1 Common Respiratory Ailments or Diseases
- 2 Instructions To Make A Ginger Lemonade Drink
- 3 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
Common Respiratory Ailments or Diseases
- 1Pneumonia.It's a serious disease affecting the respiratory system. The lungs become inflamed due to a viral or bacterial infection. The air sacs in the lungs fill with pus �" which may become solid. Any pneumonia can be fatal, especially if there are other things exasperating the condition. There are three kinds of pneumonia:Advertisement
- Bacterial pneumonia. This is caused by a bacterial infection.
- Viral pneumonia. This is caused by virus.
- Atypical pneumonia or walking pneumonia. This can be a fatal pneumonia when caused by chlamydias, mycoplasmahis, and other tiny infectious agents of viruses and bacteria. This is usually the pneumonia that tends to affect children, and adults below middle age.
- 2Pharyngitis.This can be a serious disease if not treated early. It causes swelling and redness in the pharynx, and is often accompanied by slight fever caused by viral infection. There are two kinds - acute and chronic - the latter is the most serious pharyngitis disease. This is what most of us call a sore throat.Advertisement
- 4Rhinitis.It is an inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose. The common causes of this are post-natal drip, stuffy nose, and runny nose. Several people have been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis, the most common rhinitis disease. It is usually caused by airborne allergens, such as dander and pollen. The allergens can adversely affect the eyes, causing red, itchy, swollen, watery eyes.
- 7Asthma.People who suffer from this disease are very sensitive to pollen, airborne dust, and other air pollutant particles. When a person experiences an asthma attack, he or she has difficulty breathing, and sometimes the breathing is accompanied by coughing and wheezing. Inhaling is not nearly as difficult as exhaling.
If you, or someone you care about has one of the diseases, you may try preparing an infusion of ginger (herbal tea) for you or them. Ginger has minerals and nutrients like magnesium and vitamin C. It also has an anti-inflammatory compound, which is effective at reducing inflammation in the body. Consuming ginger may loosen phlegm and treat the inflammation associated with lung disease and conditions. It will make breathing much easier. To make a refreshing herbal ginger drink, that is great for all the above ailments, follow the steps below.
Instructions To Make A Ginger Lemonade Drink
Ginger alone has a very strong smell and taste, yet it is highly effective in treating respiratory diseases. Get creative and mix it up with other ingredients. Lemon, orange, and honey, are just a few things you can add to make it go down a little smoother, and taste a little better.
- Three cups of sugar (substitute with honey if desired)
- Four quarts of water
- Four cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 14 thin slices of fresh raw ginger
- 1Place the sugar, ginger slices, and water into a saucepan.Advertisement
- 2Heat the water until it boils.
- 3Add the lemon juice and remove from heat.
- 4Stir the mixture and pour it into a glass pitcher or jar.
- 5Allow it to sit for 20 minutes to cool.
- 6Remove the ginger slices and refrigerate the mixture to chill before serving.
- 7Now you have your own ginger lemonade drink, and you may consume it daily.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Stop smoking if you have a respiratory disease.
- Keep yourself away from air dust particles.
- Avoid contaminated areas like swimming pools, and hot tubs -as they are cesspools of bacteria and viruses.
- To make a ginger lemonade with a bit more punch, try adding more lemon juice and ginger slices.
- Reduce the sugar intake as well if you have serious respiratory disorder.
- Substitute the sugar for honey if you want.
- Do not give this drink to kids who are under 2 years old. For children over the age of 2, you may give them ginger herbs to treat stomach cramps, headaches, and nausea, but dilute it with water �" half and half.
- See a doctor to ask for the right dosage of ginger for children over the age of 2.
Questions and Answers
Want to know the biochemical action of ginger in the treatment of respiratory diseases?
I mean the real biochemical mechanism of ginger relative to treatment of respiratory tract diseases
There are 14 biochemical components of Ginger but the most known one is gingerol which dehydrates the excess mucous by working as an expectorant. There are dozens of antiviral compounds found in fresh ginger and shogoals release toxins in lungs and colon cancer patients when the ginger is dried.
I have a step son with pneumonia I was wondering if ginger tea would help?
Relative with pneumonia I think ginger tea might help. I have tried: He is with his mom and his father wants to take him the ginger tea
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Ginger Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Maria, Eng, Lynn