Use Galaxy S5 with Screen Turned Off Marshmallow/Lollipop vs Kitkat
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Dougie, julia, Dougie-1 and 19 others
- 1 Samsung's most powerful device for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera, and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 Turn on Dark Screen on Your Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 Samsung S5 screen pixelated after dropping it.
- 3.2 How do I turn off the Dark Screen feature on my Samsung S5?
- 3.3 How to fix black screen?
- 3.4 Screen quit working this morning while almost everything else still works.
- 3.5 I don't know where to find the Accessibility and Vision in the settings of the S5?
- 3.6 Sir, I dropped my phone, and now it's not displaying anything on it?
- 3.7 I have a question. Do you charge a payment?
- 3.8 How do I fix it? or the approximate cost of fixing it?
- 4 Comments
Samsung's most powerful device for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera, and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5
If you take phone security seriously, then Samsung Galaxy S5's main feature may be good news for you; the additional benefit to using the Galaxy S5 while the screen is turned off. With this feature, your phone functions normally, except the display is dark. All actions are still recognized and will be implemented. Unlike the standard "screen power off", turning on the Dark screen feature on your phone allows you to continue using your phone normally, without the screen being on.
Method 1: Marshmallow/Lollipop
First we need to enable TalkBack mode.
- 9The phone will still function but the screen will remain completely black.Now to make the screen go black, double tap the power button quickly.
Method 2: Kitkat
Turn on Dark Screen on Your Samsung Galaxy S5
You can disable your screen but still use your phone normally. This can be very useful, especially when you are entering secured data such as PINs and passwords. This is called the Dark Screen feature. With this feature, you will be able to use functions that are currently activated and the screen will not turn on even if you tap the screen or press any external button. To enable Dark Screen, follow these procedures:
- 6You have now activated the Dark screen feature on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Activate and Deactivate Dark Screen on Samsung Galaxy S5
If there is a need for you to activate the dark screen on your Samsung Galaxy S5, press the Power button twice to activate the Dark screen. Press the Power button twice again to deactivate Dark screen.
Questions and Answers
Samsung S5 screen pixelated after dropping it.
I dropped my Samsung S5 phone from about 1.3m height today, and it's got a silicone cover on it. Now, It is showing only a screen that is completely pixelated with many colors and keeps going OFF with message alert tones every time I get the screen up. What do you think the issue could be here? Obviously, it is internal damage. I've tried taking the battery out for 5 min and pressing the power button for 1 min, and that did nothing.
If the problem were in the connection between the screen and the motherboard, then there would probably be no message alert tones when you get the screen unlocked. It appears that both screen and motherboard need to be replaced.
If it were a software problem, a simple reboot would restore it to normal operation. In the hardest cases, people flash ROMs, but I doubt this will be of any use in this instance.
If it's under warranty, return it to the store where you have purchased it; otherwise, contact the nearest Samsung or Samsung-certified service center (you can check some of those at http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation/).
How do I turn off the Dark Screen feature on my Samsung S5?
I may have activated the "Dark Screen" feature unintentionally on my Samsung S5. Now I want to turn that feature off. The phone is on, and I tried pressing the power button twice, but I still have a dark screen.
Is your phone turning on at all? Do you see lights but no activity when started? The issue of a black or dark screen has been an issue reported by some Samsung Galaxy S5 owners. Here are some things you can try to fix the issue:
- 1Wait a few minutes and try to restart the phone without the excess pressure applied to it that some cases seem to cause.If you have a protective case, remove the case.
- 2Sometimes a new application or new update to an existing application can create a conflict and this type of problem. If the phone boots all right in safe mode, then it is more than likely an application conflict that is causing the issue.Try to boot your phone in safe mode.
- 3Sometimes the issue can be a one created from poor pin contact.Apply some pressure on to the battery to ensure that all of the pins are making contact.
- 4If the problem persists after trying all of the above, you may want to contact the manufacturer and discuss warranty options.Back up any important files and perform a factory reset on your phone.
- 5If you can access your phone, try going into the Accessibility Options under "vision" and ensure that dark screen is turned off.
Hope this helps!
How to fix black screen?
My phone is showing the screen for one second then goes black. The keys are functional and the phone rings...but my screen will not work
This is a common problem experienced by many Samsung Galaxy S5 users. This issue can be very annoying, but fortunately, it's relatively easy to fix if it's just a software glitch, and not a more serious hardware or virus problem. Generally you can just press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, which will restart your phone, however, there are reports that the steps below have worked for some Samsung devices with otherwise dead screens.
To fix this issue on your Smartphone, follow the steps below:
- 1Take the back cover off your phone.
- 2Take out the battery.
- 3Use a timer if you need to, but press and hold the power button for at least a minute.Press and hold the power button for one minute or more.
- 4It's recommended to do nothing during this time, and actually to wait the full five minutes.Set your phone down and don't turn it on for about 5 minutes.
- 5After five minutes put the battery back.
- 6Replace the back cover.
- 7Turn on your phone.
- 8This should fix your problem.
- 9If this did not fix your problem, you should take your phone to a Samsung Store to be repaired.Advertisement
If you need any extra help, let us know in the Q&A section below.
Screen quit working this morning while almost everything else still works.
I was using my phone this morning and all of a sudden it kind of blinked and then went black. It is still hooked to my Bluetooth, my blue indicator light still blinks and the back and menu buttons light up at the bottom. When someone calls me, it rings once and then is sent to voice mail and when I tried to call someone through my Bluetooth, it wouldn't allow me to call
To diagnose the problem, you must first enter the recovery menu. Follow steps 1-4 in the "Factory Reset Android Devices Not Booting Normally" section of the linked tutorial (if it is a Samsung device, then follow steps 1-6 in this tutorial). If you see the recovery menu well, then the smartphone is intact. If not, then send it to repairs to the nearest service center. Now, in the menu, select "wipe cache partition" and reboot your device. If the problem persists, then you may consider following all of the steps in the aforementioned guides on hard-resetting devices in the powered-down state.
I don't know where to find the Accessibility and Vision in the settings of the S5?
Help! I don't know where is the accessibility.
Unlock your smartphone and press the home button. Tap on the "Apps" icon in the lower-right corner. Tap on "Settings". In the "PERSONALIZATION" section, tap on "Accessibility" in that section to discover "Vision".
Sir, I dropped my phone, and now it's not displaying anything on it?
However, sir how can I connect my phone to TV while having a black screen.
To connect your Galaxy S5 to your TV, you will need an HDMI cable and an HDTV adapter, both of which are sold separately. You can order them at local Samsung retailers or http://www.samsung.com/ by going into the Shop section. Now, connect one end of a universal HDMI cable into the HDTV Adapter of Galaxy S5. Connect the other end to the HDMI port of your TV. Ensure that your TV input settings have the right HDMI port selected. See your TV owner's manual get more information. Optionally, connect the charger to the HDTV adapter and then to a power source. Connect the HDTV Adapter connector into the power and accessory interface connector on your device. This is the same port you normally use to connect the charger. The TV screen will instantly display what is on the Home screen of your device.
I have a question. Do you charge a payment?
I dropped my Samsung S5. The back cover and battery came apart. Now it has gone into dark screen mode. Even if I press the on/off key twice it does not help. All I need is to reach the easy mode for the phone to work.
Judging by all of the symptoms described, the phone is either damaged or the screen connector inside has broken or disconnected itself from the motherboard or screen (it is not the accessibility option enabled). You will need to bring the phone to a service center for a thorough examination and repairs.
How do I fix it? or the approximate cost of fixing it?
I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday and a few minutes after it pixelated and today it's gone black even though it's on. calls and messages coming in but I can't do anything because my phone the touch screen is not working. I have tried: Switched it off and back on. I think it was caused by: My phone dropped on the floor really hard
It sounds as though you may have damaged the touch sensitivity panel. It may need to be replaced.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Jay, VisiHow, Nuance