Use Fingerprint to Verify Samsung Account and Purchase via PayPal on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Maria, Alma, Doug Collins and 2 others
Samsung's most powerful phone for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung Galaxy S5's fingerprint sensor feature does not only allow you to unlock your device using your fingerprint, it also has additional functions that will help make your online verification and payments easier. Using your Fingerprint, you can verify your Samsung account or pay for purchases using Paypal.
- 1 Verify Samsung Account Password Using Fingerprint on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 Pay for Paypal Purchases Using Fingerprint on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Comments
Verify Samsung Account Password Using Fingerprint on Samsung Galaxy S5
Normally, when you enter your Samsung account, you need to input your password to verify your ownership of the account. By registering your fingerprint on your Samsung Galaxy S5, you can verify your Samsung account password just by swiping your finger over the fingerprint sensor. To do that, follow these procedures:
- 6From this page, drag the switch button to the right, to turn the feature ON, and enter the password for your Samsung account. Tap on Confirm, to confirm action.Turn on Verify Samsung Account.
- 7The next time you need to enter your Samsung account password, you just have to use the fingerprint sensor to save you time.You have turned on the feature to use Fingerprint to verifying your Samsung account password.
Pay for Paypal Purchases Using Fingerprint on Samsung Galaxy S5
If you're using Paypal to shop online, you can use your fingerprint to pay for your purchases.
- 6Tap on "Install" beside "FIDO Ready™ Support" and tap on the "Link" button next to your PayPal account.
- 7Follow the instructions on the next screen to get to PayPal's official site where you can sign in and register your Fingerprint.
- 8You can now login onto Paypal using your registered fingerprint.You have successfully enabled Paypal payments using your Fingerprint.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I have followed every instruction on enabling PayPal payments using fingerprint, but I am not able to activate the feature.
Am I missing something?
First, enabling the feature requires you to have an internet connection. You need to be connected to a WiFi network or have the data connection enabled on your phone. Also, some countries and regions do not support PayPal due to some restrictions. Currently, PayPal is available in 202 countries (25 currencies). If your country is not on the list, then you may not be able to use this feature on your phone. You can check on PayPal's official list of supported countries to know if your region is supported or not.
Is using the fingerprint feature for PayPal payment safe for me? How safe is it?
Logging into PayPal using your fingerprint is safe. Breaches on security will always be an issue, but if you secure your phone as much as you take care of your password, then there won't be a problem. In fact, using this feature is safer than the conventional password for these reasons:
- Payments will be specific to your phone. Unlike a usual password, where you can use it from any device that has an internet connection, paying with PayPal using your fingerprint requires you to use the same phone you registered with.
- Avoid snoopers. You don't have to worry about people peeking over your shoulder when you type in your password, and perhaps using it another time.
- No losing passwords. Not only don't you have to worry about where you store your passwords, or losing them. No one will be copying your fingerprint.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Doug Collins, Alma