Use Emoji on iOS Devices
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous
Emoji, meaning the entertaining little emoticons were "born" in Japan, have taken over the world for mobile phone texting, social network rooms, and email messages. The word literally in Japanese means "picture + letter", and they are unique from other emoticons, in that there is such a wide selection of them. You can find one depicting almost any one of the entire gamut of human emotions, characters from nature, places of interest, creatures, and much more. At first they were only available in Japan, but can now be accessed, shared, and enjoyed by people all over the world. You, too, can use these adorable little icons on your iOS device. Here are the instructions for downloading and installing Emoji on your iOS device. Steve Jobs might say they are "insanely cool".
Instructions on how to use Emoji on iOS devices
- 1To use Emoji characters on your iOS device, you must find your way first to:Settings > General > International > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard. You will see a menu of different languages for keyboards. So, find the keyboard for the "language" of Emoji. Tap "Emoji".Advertisement
- 2Your iOS device is built to support more than one keyboard.After you add the Emoji keyboard, it will not be automatically the default keyboard. You must change to it at the "Keyboard Settings" location.Advertisement
- 3Once you add your Emoji keyboard, go to any app in which you can write text.
- 4Your new Emoji keyboard on the screen will show an icon of a globe.
- 5Tap the globe icon, and you will change the keyboard from English as the default language to Emoji.
- 6Follow the simple instructions after tapping the globe icon.
- 7Once the instructions are followed, tap "OK".You are ready to post Emoji characters by just tapping them.
- 8After tapping "OK", you will be presented with the Emoji keyboard.You can now enter Emoji icons by simply tapping them. The ones presented for your selection will be various "smiley face" icons depicting a range of emotions.
- 10Tap the globe icon at the bottom left corner of your screen whenever you want to change from English to Emoji, or vice versa.Advertisement
You are now able to enjoy sending messages in the fun Emoji language on your iOS device. Chances are, you will find the precise one for you to express your thoughts or emotions since you have easy access to 147 clever little Emoji characters at your finger tips!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Jerry Rivers