Use Emoji on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android KitKat 4.4.2 vs Jelly Bean 4.3 and Lower
Edited by Ephraim, Lynn, Maria, Leomar Umpad and 9 others
- 1 How to Get Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy Note II
- 2 Installing Go SMS Pro and the Emoji Plugin on your Galaxy Note II
- 3 Questions and Answers on Using Emoji for Galaxy Note II
- 4 Comments
How to Get Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy Note II
Get more detailed and appealing smileys on your Note2.
UPDATE: For those able to get Android Kitkat 4.4.2 on their Samsung Galaxy Note2, you will now have the long waited use of being able to use emoji's as this update finally has them included in the keyboard. Not only that, but this article will also discuss how to install and use Emoji on the Samsung Galaxy Note2 if you are running on Android Jelly Bean, which is version 4.3 and lower. Each section provides detailed instructions, and has easy to follow steps.
Method 1: Android KitKat 4.4.2
If you are fortunate enough to have been provided with the update to 4.4.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Note2, you no longer have to get frustrated with not being able to send emoji's or have to install some third-party application to enable using emoji's on your Note2. That's right, the Kitkat update finally brings emoji support to the keyboard and allows you to send emoji's to your family and friends. Let's take a look at how you can use them.
*To watch an excellent way of learning how to use emoji's on your Samsung Galaxy Note2, check out this YouTube video HERE
Regardless of whether you want to send an emoji to somebody you know through Facebook, or even if your using the Messaging app to send a text message, you now have the ability to do so if your Galaxy Note2 is running Android Kitkat 4.4.2. To access the available emoji's from the keyboard when sending a message, follow the steps below:
Method 2: Android Jelly Bean 4.3 and Lower
While unfortunately in previous versions below Android Kitkat 4,4,2, like Jelly Bean 4.3 and so forth, there was no built in emoji support inside the keyboard, which left quite a few of us Android users a little annoyed. While you are not a lone in that feeling, not to worry about no longer being left out of the emoji world. There is a great third-party app that you can use to start using emoji's right away on your Galaxy Note2 and that app is Go SMS Pro. Let us take a look at how to do this.
Using Emoji isn't too complex, provided you follow the instructions below.
Installing Go SMS Pro and the Emoji Plugin on your Galaxy Note II
You can use more than one App for Emoji characters
Follow these steps to install Go SMS Pro (are preferred app of choice):
- 2Tap the Search Bar at the top and type "Go SMS Pro". Tap on the Magnifying glass to search.Search for the Go SMS Pro app.
- 3It should be first in the list and be by Go Dev Team.Tap on the Go SMS Pro app in the search results to go to the app's information page.
- 4Next install the app by tapping on the "Install" button and tapping on "Accept" when the pop-up window appears.
- 5After the installation of the App is complete, search for the GO SMS Pro Emoji plugin.
- 6To do this, follow the same steps as listed above for initially finding the Go SMS Pro app.
- 7From the results, tap on the Go SMS Pro Emoji Plugin to be brought to the plugin's information page.
- 8The plugin will download and install.Install the plugin by tapping on the "Install" button and clicking on "Accept" if the pop-up window appears.
- 9Once you have done this, you will want to set Go SMS Pro as your default app.
- 10To do this, go to your device's home screen.
- 11Alternatively, you can also go into your apps drawer and click on Messaging there (if you don't have it on your home screen).Tap on the "Messaging" icon.
- 12A window will pop-up that asks you what default app that you would like to use for Messaging.
- 13Tap on "Go SMS Pro" and tap on the "Okay" button
- Please note that all iOS users will see your Emoji when you use Go SMS Pro. However, If you have friends who are also using Android, they will not be able to see the Emoji you have inserted, unless they also have the same Go SMS Pro App and plugins. Instead, they will see empty boxes or nothing.
Installing Alternative Emoji Keyboard Apps
For those that wish to try out something other than the Go SMS Pro, there are various other alternatives you can try too.
- 1From either your device's home screen or the app drawer, locate and tap on the Play Store app. It looks like a white shopping bag with a triangle in it.Launch the Google Play Store app.
- 2To do this, tap on the search bar at the top of the screen and type in "Emoji Keyboard", followed by tapping the magnifying glass to begin your search.Next, search for Emoji keyboard.
- 3Since there are so many to choose from, like Emoji Keyboard 7, Emoji Keyboard - Crazycorn, and so much more,From the list of the returned results, its time to select one by tapping on one of the results.
- 4Read the reviews and overview of the app to see if its the right fit for you.it is recommended that you tap on one of your choices to view the app's information page.
- 5We also recommend you choose an app that has a rating of at least 4 stars.
- 6Tapping on "Accept" when the pop-up window appears.Install your desired app by tapping on the green "Install" button.
- 7Now, we will need to set your selected emoji keyboard of choice as the default keyboard to make use of using emoji's to send back and forth between family and friends.
- 13Whenever you're using the on-screen keyboard now, you will have the ability to send emoji's with your family and friends.You're done!Advertisement
Questions and Answers on Using Emoji for Galaxy Note II
When you start designing one but you decide you don't want it how do you erase it?
Is there a manual online to use
There are manuals online for your Galaxy Note2 and you can search for this manual on Google.com where you can enter Samsung Galaxy Note2 Manual into the search bar to pull up a manual on this device.
If you are seeking for some manuals online regarding for your Galaxy Note2, then you can find lots of them all over the net. But, you can try this link http://www.samsung.com/us/guide-to-galaxy-smart-devices/galaxy-note-2-smartphone.html it is an online explanation of the features and anything about your device.
But either way if you are looking for a manual to designing the fonts or the Emoji keyboard in your device then it not possible, since you can explore it on your own according to your likes.
My Note2 doers not have emoji input
If you do not have an Emoji input on your Samsung Galaxy Note2, you can directly download it from your Google Play Store. You can download Go SMS PRO; this application works the same way as your messages app to send SMS to your contacts. Aside from the Go SMS PRO, you need also to download its plugin from Play Store which is free for you to use. Download the GO SMS Pro Emoji Plugin, GO Keyboard Emoji plugin and the Go Keyboard.
Once you install those on your phone, you must set the GO SMS Pro to use it for texting. To be exact, set it as a default SMS app since it will have an emoji support rather than your pre-installed messaging app. You do not need to worry about the pre-installed messaging app as it is still on your phone as it cannot be removed or uninstalled.
See more questions like this: I want emoji on Samsung without downloading things
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Chris Stipe, vc, Dougie