Use Coconut to Cure Yeast Infections
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Eng, Inukshuk, Lynn and 5 others
Even before time was even recorded, humans have lived with both good and bad bacteria. It is a natural phenomenon to have pathogens like infectious bacteria and yeasts invade the human body. This is how the various organ systems recognize their enemies and learn how to defeat them. However, not all humans are strong enough to withstand such invasions or over proliferation of bacteria or yeasts that take up residence in their bodies.
Many people become victims of very irritable and annoying diseases such as the common yeast infection. For years, people from all walks of life have experienced or perhaps continue to experience "Candidiasis". Usually women are thought of as the ones who make up the majority of yeast infection patients. Actually, men, women, and children, young and old, can acquire yeast infections. Of course, there are medical interventions that can eliminate or manage yeast infections, but nothing seems to beat the natural way. The best organic way to fight yeast infections is through the use of coconuts. Experts continue to prove how effective coconut is in providing effective, natural remedies to medical conditions such as Candidiasis. If you learn how to harness the powers of the coconut, you could be rid of your yeast infection in no time at all.
- 1 What You Need To Know About Yeast Infection
- 2 Oral Candidiasis Or Thrush
- 3 Genital Yeast Infection
- 4 Diaper Rash
- 5 Candidemia or Invasive Yeast Infection
- 6 Risk Factors For Contracting Yeast Infections
- 7 How Coconut Oil Helps In Treating Yeast Infections
- 8 How To Use Coconut Oil In Treating Yeast Infections
- 9 How To Use The Coconut Oil Detox To Eliminate Yeast Infections, And What Results You Should Expect
- 10 Tips
- 11 Questions and Answers
- 12 Comments
What You Need To Know About Yeast Infection
A yeast infection is medically known as Candidiasis. It is an infection caused by the fungus known as Candida Albicans. Contrary to what most people believe, yeast infection is not exclusive to the genital area. It can also affect your blood, skin, throat, and mouth. Candida is a species of yeast that is naturally found in your body. Strange as it may seem, they over populate inside your body because of drastic changes in your diet or lifestyle. The changes bring about an imbalance that encourage the growth of the Candida population.
Types Of Candidiasis Or Yeast Infection
- 1This is a yeast infection that affects the throat and the mouth. It is also known as oropharyngeal Candidiasis or oral Candidiasis. Thrush is common in infants, especially if the mother had Candidiasis during normal delivery. It becomes a grave concern if it inhibits the infant from feeding properly, resulting in weight loss or the manifestation of a systemic condition. You should consult your physician if your infant's thrush lasts for more than two weeks. Conditions that heighten the risk of thrust in adults include; pregnancy, dry mouth, cancer, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, an organ transplant, taking antibiotics or contraceptive pills, undergoing chemotherapy, smoking, stress, and wearing poorly fitted dentures.Thrush.Advertisement
- 2This is a type of Candidiasis that affects the genital area. It is more common in women, which is why it is also known as vulvovaginal yeast infection.Genital Yeast Infection.Advertisement
- 3Babies are the ones who experience this because this infects their bottom area, especially when the wet diaper is left on for a prolonged period.Diaper Rash.
- 4Also known as invasive Candidiasis, this type of Candidiasis infects your circulatory system or your bloodstream.Candidemia.
Oral Candidiasis Or Thrush
Thrush is common in immunocompromised patients who are undergoing chemotherapy or suffering from AIDS/HIV infection, elderly people, diabetics, asthma patients, those taking steroids, and infants. These patients have weak immune systems, which is why their Candida residents take over very easily. Immediately consult your physician or doctor if you have oral thrush because neglected thrush may lead to systemic infection, and this is detrimental to your health. Your doctor will prescribe an anti-fungal medication so the yeast can be killed. You may take the medicine in the form of a pill or a mouthwash. A very powerful anti-fungal medication would have to be administered intravenously if ever the Candida infection becomes so severe that it threatens the patient's life.
Symptoms of Thrush Are
- 1Difficulty in swallowingAdvertisement
- 2Soreness of the throat
- 3Generalized discomfort in the oral area
- 4White spots on the tongue and in the mouth's lining
- 5Redness in the oral cavity
- 6Cracking at the mouth's corners
Genital Yeast Infection
The Vulvovaginal or vaginal yeast infection is a common yeast infection in women. The main reason is they have a shorter urethra than men. Symptoms of this condition are:
- 1Vaginal soreness and rednessAdvertisement
- 2Extreme vaginal itching
- 3Pain during sexual intercourse
- 4Vaginal discharge that resembles cottage cheese (white and clumpy)
Men can also contract this type of yeast infection, especially if they are not circumcised. Common symptoms are burning and itching sensation at the tip or around the opening of the penis and rashes on the penis. If the woman is sexually active and has Candidiasis, it is vital to have it treated immediately so that passing it to her sexual partner can be prevented. It is best to see your doctor as soon as mild symptoms appear.
Take note that only some diaper rashes are caused by an over proliferation of yeast. It is vital that you know what is causing your child's diaper rash. If the cause is pinpointed, then the right treatment can be given. Usually, doctors prescribe an anti-fungal powder, ointment, or cream.
A diaper rash that is caused by a yeast infection has the following symptoms:
- 1Spots that are yellow and fluid-filled appear in the skin folds near the thighs
- 2Patches of skin that are dark red and appear in the same area.
Candidemia or Invasive Yeast Infection
Almost nothing is worse than having Candidiasis in your bloodstream. When this happens the infection is distributed to various parts of your body. This systemic Candida infection happens if you have a very weak immune system and if you've left to a yeast infection untreated. On occasion, it may be contracted from a contaminated medical instrument or equipment. Symptoms of Candidemia depend on which area of your body is affected. Usually, chills and fever will persist, even if you've already taken antibiotics.
Sadly, many patients who are confined to the hospital become ill with Nosocomial infections. One such infection is Candidemia, which can be very serious. Doctors prescribe several weeks of intravenous anti-fungal treatment for patients diagnosed with Candidemia.
Those Who Are Vulnerable To Candidemia Are:
- 1Patients who just had surgery.
- 2Patients with a catheter or a central line.
- 3Infants with low birth weight.
- 4Patients in Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- 5Patients with weakened immune systems.
Risk Factors For Contracting Yeast Infections
The following are activities or environmental factors that may put you at a higher risk in acquiring Candidiasis:
- 1These would be broad-spectrum antibiotics which include Ampiicillin, Tetracyclines, Cephalosporins, Sulfonamides, and Amoxicillins.Taking antibiotics for a long period.
- 2Eating and craving high carbohydrate foods - those that are rich in sugar and yeast such as pastries.
- 3This could be done almost everyday.Drinking alcoholic beverages.
- 4You experience low blood sugar levels even if you consume high sugar foods.Hypoglycemia.
- 5An example would be Decadron.Taking steroids or birth control pills.
- 6Multiple successful pregnancies.
- 7Examples would be vaginal discomfort, abdominal pain, impotence, Prostatitis, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual tension.Have been experiencing problems in areas related to your reproductive system.
- 8Experiencing persistent nervous system and digestive system problems.
- 9Examples would be jock itch or athlete's foot.Experiencing persistent fungal infections.
- 10Feeling sick whenever you smell chemicals, perfumes, or smoke.
How Coconut Oil Helps In Treating Yeast Infections
Many patients experience misdiagnoses when it comes to Candidiasis. This condition is often the main cause of many other health issues, such as sinus infections, poor memory, chronic coughs, fatigue, blurred vision, fungal infections (recurring), abdominal pain, and cravings for sugar. In the United States alone, about 40 million people have Candidiasis without even knowing it. Since the root cause of the yeast infection is not spotted, the treatment only ends up targeting the manifested symptoms. People may suffer from this situation for years, and even keep on taking their medications despite suffering from side effects.
That is why many Candidiasis patients are opting for organic and alternative treatments. The answer they have been waiting for all this time is provided by the simple coconut. As proof of the coconut's ability to treat Candidiasis, people in countries where coconut is abundant are not very much afflicted by yeast infections. The secret of coconut oil lies in its Caprylic acid and Lauric acid components. These acids are known for their anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties. Amazingly, they only attack the pathogens and leave the Probiotics untouched. This makes coconut oil an effective tool in bringing back the balance in your digestive system. Lauric and Caprylic acids also eliminate excess fungi and yeast in your system. Organic virgin coconut oil would be the best form of non-hydrogenated coconut oil that you can get. It is good for your overall health because of the MCFAs (multi-chained fatty acids) that help protect your body from health hazards such as heart disease and infections. Coconut oil can be ingested and applied topically as well. If you take the oil as part of your diet and apply it on the affected area at the same time, the desired effects will be achieved much faster.
How To Use Coconut Oil In Treating Yeast Infections
It's amazing to see how Mother Nature takes care of us. She always has the solution to every problem that your body may acquire. Coconut oil is definitely an entire arsenal against all sorts of diseases, including yeast infections. Below are some of the potent ways you can use coconut oil to get rid of yeast infections:
- 1This dosage is for those who have active yeast infections. It is also an effective way of protecting your body from future infections or diseases. You could also incorporate the VCO into your snacks and beverages or just take it on its own with a glass of water.Consume a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil before every meal.
- 2You can directly apply the coconut oil onto the rash so that healing can take place faster.Apply the oil on the affected area.
- 3The tampon should be unbleached. Leave it in your vagina for eight hours, preferably while you sleep.Dip a tampon into virgin coconut oil and insert it into your vagina.
How To Use The Coconut Oil Detox To Eliminate Yeast Infections, And What Results You Should Expect
If you want to use the coconut oil Detox as a faster means to get rid of your yeast infection, you have to build up to it first. The coconut oil Detox involves taking 10 to 14 tablespoons of EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) throughout the entire day. You will not be eating anything else. This would mean taking 2 tablespoons of EVCO every couple of hours. You have to start by taking a teaspoon of EVCO everyday with your meals. If it works for you after several days, take 1 tablespoon of EVCO every day with meals. If you think you're ready for the coconut oil Detox, then you should prepare yourself for the following events that will take place (depending on how your body reacts):
- 1No effect yet.Day 1 "� Take 10-14 tablespoons of EVCO.
- 2You will wake up sometime during your sleep and vomit. You will be fine until you start your day the next day.Day 2 "� Take 10-14 tablespoons of EVCO (nothing more).
- 3You experience severe fatigue and resort to sleeping. However, your sleep will be restless.Day 3 "� Take 10-14 tablespoons of EVCO.
- 4You will experience diarrhea, palpitations, shivering, insomnia, and joint pain.Day 4 "� Take 10 to 14 tablespoons of EVCO.
- 5Diarrhea will stop and you will be back to your normal self.Day 5 - Take 10 to 14 tablespoons of EVCO.Advertisement
The end result of the Detox is that your poop will not smell foul and will be heavy. It will sink in your toilet. These are signs that your body is efficiently digesting fats. Your feet will be less smelly and less cracked as well.
- It is advisable that you consult your doctor about additional supplements such as Probiotics or good bacteria that can also be acquired from yogurt and fermented food with live cultures.
- Take note that the treatment for Candidiasis depends on the area of the body that is affected.
- For the coconut oil yeast infection treatment to work, you have to help by avoiding carbohydrate-rich foods.
The VisiHow site and your use of the information here does not in any way constitute a client or patient and health care provider relationship. We do not endorse or necessarily agree with articles and materials which you may find on the site and encourage every person to seek out professional health care.
Articles here are for informational, entertainment, or historical purposes only.
VisiHow is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by the US FDA or other regulating medical bodies and we do not provide or recommend medical advice or information.
Information submitted to VisiHow or to the article comments area is not in any way confidential and we urge you not to leave confidential information on the site. Please seek out proper medical care in the event of an illness or injury.
Questions and Answers
Evco Detox? Does it work?
EVCO or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Detox works effectively in detoxifying the body. The word "detoxification" means removing or clearing harmful toxins from the body and the EVCO Detox is one of the most effective natural oils used in detoxification. The effectiveness of coconut oil in detoxifying the body relies on its powerful medium-chain triglycerides compounds like the Lauric, Capric and Caprylic acids, which are very effective in cleaning the body. Below are some of the conditions of the body that the EVCO Detox can efficiently remove:
- Viruses. The Lauric acid found in coconut oil is used by the body and converts it to Monolaurin, which has very potent anti-viral properties that kill lipid-coated viruses like influenza and herpes.
- Candida. Coconut oil has limited carbohydrates and sugar, which effectively inhibit the growth of Candida.
- Digestive Conditions. It is also effective in removing internal parasites in the gastrointestinal tract and helps restore the health of the digestive system.
- Fungal and Bacterial Infections. It's also very effective in fungal and bacterial infections in the body because of its powerful medium-chain triglyceride compounds.
To sum it all up, the EVCO Detox works well in removing harmful toxins and pathogens in the body.
Oral thrush infant lines?
Oral suspensions such as Nystatin, are one of the most common treatments for oral thrush in infants.
Oral gels are also gaining popularity, particularly Miconazole. It is even said to be more effective than suspensions, although it is not as readily available.
Candidiasis in asthma?
Candidiasis is a type yeast infection or fungal infection usually caused by Candida Albicans infecting mouth, throat, skin, genitals and blood. In regards to your query, Candidiasis is quite common in asthma because of the steroid and antibiotic therapies. The rationales are:
- Antibiotics used in asthma reduce the normal flora of beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract, lungs and throughout the body making the body prone to infections such as Candidiasis.
- Steroids and antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of the immune system of the body resulting to the proliferation of the Candida Albicans leading to Candidiasis.
To sum it up, Candidiasis and asthma occur frequently at the same time because of the effects of steroids and antibiotic therapies in the body.
Can you use coconut oil for a male yeast infection?
I am a male with Candida infection around my genitals. Will this remedy work for me? I think it was caused by: I would like to try a natural remedy to cure my male yeast problem.
Yes you can use coconut oil to cure a male yeast infection! You should soak a paper towel or facecloth and apply that to the infected area almost like a bandage. You will want to reapply every 8 hours until the infection clears up.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Coconut Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Maria, Donna, Nlangster