Use Cinnamon to treat acne
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Lynn, Anonymous, Maria Sharon Ubando and 1 other
Acne. Can you think of an uglier word? Probably not. Acne on any part of the body is just bothersome. It damages our self-esteem and ability to communicate with other people. Most people suffer from this skin problem, especially in their youth, but acne in some people continues throughout their lives. But here's the good news, acne is not without a cure. If you've tried most synthetic over-the-counter treatments, health advice and proper hygiene but have yet to get rid of that big, red, tender acne (ewww), you must be missing out on one of nature's most potent anti-acne treatments - cinnamon.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Cinnamon for acne explained
- 3 Cinnamon properties
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 How to make a ground cinnamon and honey mask for acne?
- 5.2 Why does cinnamon bark help acne?
- 5.3 What is cinnamon water treatment for acne and how does it work?
- 5.4 Do you put cinnamon and honey on acne before or after an outbreak?
- 5.5 Do I use nutmeg cinnamon and honey mask before or after a zit breakout?
- 5.6 What type of cinnamon is used for acne?
- 5.7 What else besides cinnamon and ginger that I can else to treat acne?
- 5.8 How can I remove the acne scars from my face?
- 5.9 Hi, I have a few acne bumps but mostly acne scorning, most of my real bigger pimples are formed under my bottom lip and around my chin. Lately, the past few weeks the acne has been forming on my forehead, mostly it is scaring from the little pimples. How can you help?
- 6 Comments
Cinnamon is among the effective herbal components used in the treatment of acne. It can be found both as a new powdered herb and as cinnamon oil.
- 1In a glass of warm or cold water (whichever you prefer) make a cinnamon tea by combining ½ teaspoon of powder with about 8 ounces of water.You can also water it down more, or make a concentrate, depending on your taste.
2Cinnamon/honey facial mask.Mixing cinnamon with honey will bring astoundingly amazing results when used for treating acne.
- For a hot cinnamon tea, simply boil for about 15 minutes and allow the tea powder to mix properly before consuming. Be careful not to drink extremely hot drinks, as this can damage your throat and do more harm than good.
- For a cool tea alternative, first you must infuse the cinnamon tea powder in a glass of ½ hot water, stir for about a minute (until you see no specks). Now fill the glass with ice cubes, that will balance the water temperature, add ice cubes until you achieve desirable coldness.
3The amazing trio - cinnamon, honey and nutmeg.You can make a similar facial mask with these ingredients.
- Put together both ingredients and then apply as an acne mask. There are different recipes for this mask, but the most common way of making it is by mixing 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder together with 3 tablespoon of raw honey (pick the purest type of honey you can find).
- Mix both the ingredients right up until they form a brown leafy paste of uniform texture. Before putting the paste on your skin, gently wash the affected area with warm/lukewarm water and use a mild, non-irritating face soap.
- Apply your mask all around the area afflicted with acne. Leave it on right away overnight, or if you're in a hurry, you can just wait for 15–20 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water. You ought to re-apply the same type of mask every day for about two to three weeks if you have a severe type of acne, or what is called acne-vulgaris.
- For this particular mixture, mix 2 teaspoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of powdered nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. After mixing all ingredients, taking care that everything is ground well, apply the paste on the affected area for half an hour before rinsing off with warm water.
Cinnamon for acne explained
- 1While acne might be caused by a number of factors, the two most critical contributors are hormonal problems and bacterial skin infections.2Hormonal imbalance primarily involves increased creation of male sexual hormones, while the microbial infection in acne development is mostly caused by two organisms, Propionibacterium acne accompanied with Staphylococcus epidermis.Cinnamon helps to treat this second cause.3Since cinnamon is applied around the skin, it doesn't restore hormonal harmony by reducing your production of male sex hormones; nevertheless the herb is very successful in stopping acne-causing germs and for relieving the changes around the skin triggered by both factors that cause acne.
Cinnamon is a fantastic spice that has a wonderful aroma, and it is used extensively in food preparation. Cinnamon provides anti-bacterial attributes. It de-clogs our facial pores. It assists in drying out acne. The most significant property of cinnamon is that it helps bring blood and also oxygen to the surface of our skin, helping to support it in blood circulation. Cinnamon can also be used, along with coconut, due to its ability to bring oxygen as well as blood to the surface of the skin.
Cinnamon is composed of:
- 2Calcium3Cinnamaldehyde4Eugenol5Iron6Linalool7Ethyl cinnamate8Manganese9Beta-carophyllene
Cinnamon's benefits come from about three essential oils present in cinnamon bark, that work as an anti-clotting agent in addition to anti-inflammatory properties.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- For treating acne, always use fresh cinnamon - you will know this by smell. If the cinnamon you bought smells less potent than it should, then its a clear indicator that its probably old, and will not have as great an effect on your acne.
- If your acne doesn't get better despite all your efforts to clear it, you can ask your doctor for alternative ways to do so.
- As outlined by Phadia, a manufacturer involved with blood examination systems that help in diagnosing allergies, cinnamon can be a potential allergen. If in doubt, check your family history or talk with your health specialist. However, cases of allergy to cinnamon are rare. Before you use a any homemade cinnamon mixture, do prepare a small sample and patch test your inner arm, just to so you can be sure you're not allergic.
- Try to balance out your life to help recover from your acne problems; help yourself.
Questions and Answers
How to make a ground cinnamon and honey mask for acne?
Applying a mask to the face can help keep it healthy and glowing, especially when you make use of natural remedies. Two perfect partners for a facial mask for people with acne are honey and cinnamon. Mix a tablespoonful of honey with 1.5 teaspoonfuls of powdered cinnamon. Just mix well until you form a pasty consistency. After washing your face, apply the mask and let it stay on for 15 minutes. Wash your face after that. For initial use, apply the mask thrice a week, and as the acne improves, reduce usage frequency.
Put together both ingredients and then apply as an acne mask. There are different recipes for this mask, but the most common way of making it is by mixing 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder together with 3 tablespoon of raw honey (pick the purest type of honey you can find).
Mix both the ingredients right up until they form a brown leafy paste of uniform texture. Before putting the paste on your skin, gently wash the affected area with warm/lukewarm water and use a mild, non-irritating face soap.
Apply your mask all around the area afflicted with acne. Leave it on right away overnight, or if you're in a hurry, you can just wait for 15–20 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water. You ought to re-apply the same type of mask every day for about two to three weeks if you have a severe type of acne, or what is called acne-vulgaris.
See more questions like this: Does the cinnamon and honey mask work on hormonal acne
Why does cinnamon bark help acne?
The cinnamon bark, or cinnamon in general, contains several elements that make it favorable for acne help. It is has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties, making it a wonder herb for acne. Anti-inflammatory prevents the acne breakout. Its anti-bacterial properties prevent infection and the antioxidants make the skin healthy.
Well the cinnamon bark can help cure acne, for some reasons like these particular plant is used cause of it is beneficial anti-oxidant or anti-bacteria and anti-inflammatory properties.
See more questions like this: Can cinnamon tea help with acne
What is cinnamon water treatment for acne and how does it work?
Cinnamon tea or cinnamon water has some benefits when dealing with acne. Just like many other types of healthy tea, cinnamon tea has some benefits to the body. Cinnamon is known to have antioxidants, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, even when used topically. When ingested, it helps in maintaining proper blood circulation, and thus, helps the body eliminate any impurities in the body which cause the acne.
You can create a cinnamon tea in which you can drink as a treatment for acne. But also by mixing it to some honey and apply to affected areas. This can work because cinnamon has or contains an anti-oxidant and an anti-inflammatory.
Do you put cinnamon and honey on acne before or after an outbreak?
Yes, a cinnamon-honey mixture can be applied on the skin after an acne breakout. Since these have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities, it is safe to use this mix. Cinnamon can be irritating, so if you feel too much of a tingling sensation upon application, reduce the amount if needed. You too may just want to use it as a spot mask; you just have to apply it on areas that needs some attention.
You can do both for by doing it before you break out will help you to prevent yourself from a break out. If you have already broken out then you can use this mixture in order to fight back the outbreak or breakout that has occurred.
Do I use nutmeg cinnamon and honey mask before or after a zit breakout?
Use the nutmeg cinnamon and honey mask when you have a breakout of zit. This mask can help to soothe and calm the skin. The honey and nutmeg have properties that can reduce swelling so it is really advisable that you use this when there is a breakout. They also reduce the scars and prevent the skin from infection. You can apply this mask on your skin once a week.
What type of cinnamon is used for acne?
Any standard cinnamon will work in terms of clearing up your acne. As long as it is the basic cinnamon it will work but any extra variations of the cinnamon such as vanilla cinnamon and any other combination will not work as affectively as the standard cinnamon ingredients.
See more questions like this: Does cinnamon tea cause acne
What else besides cinnamon and ginger that I can else to treat acne?
What else besides cinnamon and ginger that I can else to treat acne.
You can always look into various face washes. Try out some products like Proactive, or the Oil of Olay acne 3 step treatment. You can usually find these things and places like Walmart or Walgreens. I have used them and they helped me with my acne when I was younger.
How can I remove the acne scars from my face?
Acne has left red color scars on my face, I have tried lots of things but couldn't get rid from scars. please advice if you can.
You can use Contractubex for about 2 months straight. Make sure that you apply it onto clean face everyday, ideally twice. You should apply it before you put on other products on your face to make sure that your face really absorbs it well. If you use it continuously this way, you should be able to see significant results after about 2 months.
Hi, I have a few acne bumps but mostly acne scorning, most of my real bigger pimples are formed under my bottom lip and around my chin. Lately, the past few weeks the acne has been forming on my forehead, mostly it is scaring from the little pimples. How can you help?
First off, one of the most common mistakes when treating acne or pimples is getting rid of it by popping it. This does not help ease acne formation but actually exacerbates its condition as it pushes the infection deeper into the skin. If you burst your pimples, this usually precipitate the eruption or growth of more pimples as the infection spread in the surrounding areas. It is best to wash your face regularly with warm water and mild soap. Tie your hair so it does not touch your face and cause further irritation. Use OTC products that can help reduce or eradicate pimple breakouts such as those that contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, Retin-A, and sulfur; to name some.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Recent edits by: Maria Sharon Ubando, Anonymous, Lynn
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 12,150 times.