Use Cinnamon to treat acne
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Lynn, Anonymous, Maria Sharon Ubando and 5 others
Acne. Can you think of an uglier word? Probably not. Acne on any part of the body is just bothersome. It damages our self-esteem and ability to communicate with other people. Most people suffer from this skin problem, especially in their youth, but acne can occur at any time of your life. In fact, adult acne is prevalent in women, even those who didn't suffer from it as adolescents. The good news is that you can find a cure. There are so many acne treatments available, such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide and retinoid-based treatments, but these can be harsh and ineffective for some people. Getting rid of acne requires persistence and patience. If you've tried most synthetic over-the-counter treatments, health advice and proper hygiene but have yet to get rid of that big, red, tender acne, you must be missing out on one of nature's most potent anti-acne treatments - cinnamon.
- 1 Cinnamon for Acne Explained
- 2 How to Make Cinnamon Tea
- 3 How to Make a Cinnamon and Honey Mask
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 How to make a ground cinnamon and honey mask for acne?
- 5.2 Why does cinnamon bark help acne?
- 5.3 What is cinnamon water treatment for acne and how does it work?
- 5.4 Do you put cinnamon and honey on acne before or after an outbreak?
- 5.5 Do I use nutmeg cinnamon and honey mask before or after a zit breakout?
- 5.6 What type of cinnamon is used for acne?
- 5.7 What else besides cinnamon and ginger that I can else to treat acne?
- 5.8 How can I remove the acne scars from my face?
- 5.9 Hi, I have a few acne bumps but mostly acne scorning, most of my real bigger pimples are formed under my bottom lip and around my chin. Lately, the past few weeks the acne has been forming on my forehead, mostly it is scaring from the little pimples. How can you help?
- 5.10 My face is full of black marks. How to get rid of it?
- 5.11 Good day, can you please tell me how to make the honey and cinnamon paste, thank you?
- 5.12 What is the best cure for acne?
- 5.13 I have a really big acne problem, can I leave it on over night?
- 6 Comments
Cinnamon for Acne Explained
While acne might be caused by a number of factors, the two most critical contributors are hormonal problems and bacterial skin infections. Hormonal imbalance primarily involves increased creation of male sexual hormones, while the microbial infection in acne development is mostly caused by two organisms, Propionibacterium acnes accompanied with Staphylococcus epidermis. Cinnamon helps to treat this second cause. It contains cinnamaldehyde, which is a chemical with antibacterial properties. Cinnamon can be combined with other ingredients such as honey to kill acne-causing bacteria. When cinnamon is applied to the skin, it doesn't restore hormonal harmony by reducing your production of male sex hormones; however, cinnamon is very successful in stopping acne-causing germs and for relieving the changes around the skin triggered by both factors that cause acne.
The most significant property of cinnamon is that it increases circulation, bringing blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin where it's applied. When cinnamon is consumed, it can decrease inflammation in the body and help stabilize spikes in blood glucose levels. This can help to improve your skin health from the inside out. Cinnamon can be applied to the skin or taken in tea for maximum benefits, but it must be used in small amounts to avoid causing irritation and unwanted effects.
Some Components of Cinnamon
- Ethyl cinnamate
How to Make Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea is a tasty way to improve your skin health. It's a nice, warming treat, especially on cold winter nights. Make yourself a cup of cinnamon tea once a day to help reduce inflammation in your body.
- 1Put one 3-inch cinnamon stick and 1 1/2 cups of water into a pot.If you don't have cinnamon sticks, you can add 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- 2Bring the tea to a boil, then turn it down to medium-low heat.Allow the tea to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3You can add a tea bag and let it steep for a few minutes if you want extra flavor.
- 4Take the tea off of the stove, and remove the cinnamon stick or tea bag.
- 5If you used ground cinnamon, stir the tea very well to incorporate the powder into the water.
- 6Sweeten the tea with honey or sugar as desired, and serve it hot.
- 7For iced cinnamon tea, allow the tea to cool, and then pour it into an ice-filled glass.
- 8Drink one cup of cinnamon tea a day for maximum benefits.More is not better when it comes to cinnamon, as it's a very potent spice. Cinnamon should be consumed only in moderate quantities, so it's best to drink only one cup per day.
How to Make a Cinnamon and Honey Mask
The combination of cinnamon and honey can help treat and prevent stubborn acne. They're both full of antioxidants and they have antibacterial properties. Honey is anti-inflammatory, and it can soothe and moisturize your skin.
- 2Before applying the mask to your face, test it on a small area on your inner arm for an hour to make sure you do not have an allergy or contact dermatitis.If it becomes inflamed or irritated, do not use the mask.
- 3Gently wash the area affected by acne with a mild cleanser and warm water.Pat it dry with a towel.
- 4Apply your mask to the entire area afflicted with acne.Leave it on for about an hour before rinsing with lukewarm water. If you feel a burning sensation, rinse it off right away.
- 5Use this mask several times a week or even once a day, if your skin can tolerate it.Cinnamon will normally make your skin feel warm, but if it burns or causes your skin to turn red, discontinue use, or use it less frequently.Ad
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- For treating acne, always use fresh cinnamon - you will know this by smell. If the cinnamon you bought smells less potent than it should, then its a clear indicator that its probably old, and will not have as great an effect on your acne.
- If your acne doesn't get better despite all your efforts to clear it, you can ask your doctor for alternative ways to do so.
- As outlined by Phadia, a manufacturer involved with blood examination systems that help in diagnosing allergies, cinnamon can be a potential allergen. If in doubt, check your family history or talk with your health specialist. However, cases of allergy to cinnamon are rare. Before you use any homemade cinnamon mixture, do prepare a small sample and patch test your inner arm, just to so you can be sure you're not allergic.
- Try to control your stress levels to help prevent acne. Meditation, exercise, and tending to pets are all activities that have been proven to reduce stress and anxiety, which may help decrease acne flare-ups.
- If you're on any prescription medications, ask your doctor if it's safe to drink cinnamon tea. In some cases, cinnamon can interact with certain drugs, such as blood thinners, antibiotics, or diabetes drugs.
Questions and Answers
How to make a ground cinnamon and honey mask for acne?
Applying a mask to the face can help keep it healthy and glowing, especially when you make use of natural remedies. Two perfect partners for a facial mask for people with acne are honey and cinnamon. Mix a tablespoonful of honey with 1.5 teaspoonfuls of powdered cinnamon. Just mix well until you form a pasty consistency. After washing your face, apply the mask and let it stay on for 15 minutes. Wash your face after that. For initial use, apply the mask thrice a week, and as the acne improves, reduce usage frequency.
Put together both ingredients and then apply as an acne mask. There are different recipes for this mask, but the most common way of making it is by mixing 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder together with 3 tablespoon of raw honey (pick the purest type of honey you can find).
Mix both the ingredients right up until they form a brown leafy paste of uniform texture. Before putting the paste on your skin, gently wash the affected area with warm/lukewarm water and use a mild, non-irritating face soap.
Apply your mask all around the area afflicted with acne. Leave it on right away overnight, or if you're in a hurry, you can just wait for 15–20 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water. You ought to re-apply the same type of mask every day for about two to three weeks if you have a severe type of acne, or what is called acne-vulgaris.
See more questions like this: Does the cinnamon and honey mask work on hormonal acne
Why does cinnamon bark help acne?
The cinnamon bark, or cinnamon in general, contains several elements that make it favorable for acne help. It is has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties, making it a wonder herb for acne. Anti-inflammatory prevents the acne breakout. Its anti-bacterial properties prevent infection and the antioxidants make the skin healthy.
Well the cinnamon bark can help cure acne, for some reasons like these particular plant is used cause of it is beneficial anti-oxidant or anti-bacteria and anti-inflammatory properties.
See more questions like this: Can cinnamon tea help with acne
What is cinnamon water treatment for acne and how does it work?
Cinnamon tea or cinnamon water has some benefits when dealing with acne. Just like many other types of healthy tea, cinnamon tea has some benefits to the body. Cinnamon is known to have antioxidants, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, even when used topically. When ingested, it helps in maintaining proper blood circulation, and thus, helps the body eliminate any impurities in the body which cause the acne.
You can create a cinnamon tea in which you can drink as a treatment for acne. But also by mixing it to some honey and apply to affected areas. This can work because cinnamon has or contains an anti-oxidant and an anti-inflammatory.
Do you put cinnamon and honey on acne before or after an outbreak?
Yes, a cinnamon-honey mixture can be applied on the skin after an acne breakout. Since these have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities, it is safe to use this mix. Cinnamon can be irritating, so if you feel too much of a tingling sensation upon application, reduce the amount if needed. You too may just want to use it as a spot mask; you just have to apply it on areas that needs some attention.
You can do both for by doing it before you break out will help you to prevent yourself from a break out. If you have already broken out then you can use this mixture in order to fight back the outbreak or breakout that has occurred.
Do I use nutmeg cinnamon and honey mask before or after a zit breakout?
Use the nutmeg cinnamon and honey mask when you have a breakout of zit. This mask can help to soothe and calm the skin. The honey and nutmeg have properties that can reduce swelling so it is really advisable that you use this when there is a breakout. They also reduce the scars and prevent the skin from infection. You can apply this mask on your skin once a week.
What type of cinnamon is used for acne?
Any standard cinnamon will work in terms of clearing up your acne. As long as it is the basic cinnamon it will work but any extra variations of the cinnamon such as vanilla cinnamon and any other combination will not work as affectively as the standard cinnamon ingredients.
See more questions like this: Does cinnamon tea cause acne
What else besides cinnamon and ginger that I can else to treat acne?
What else besides cinnamon and ginger that I can else to treat acne.
You can always look into various face washes. Try out some products like Proactive, or the Oil of Olay acne 3 step treatment. You can usually find these things and places like Walmart or Walgreens. I have used them and they helped me with my acne when I was younger.
How can I remove the acne scars from my face?
Acne has left red color scars on my face, I have tried lots of things but couldn't get rid from scars. please advice if you can.
You can use Contractubex for about 2 months straight. Make sure that you apply it onto clean face everyday, ideally twice. You should apply it before you put on other products on your face to make sure that your face really absorbs it well. If you use it continuously this way, you should be able to see significant results after about 2 months.
Hi, I have a few acne bumps but mostly acne scorning, most of my real bigger pimples are formed under my bottom lip and around my chin. Lately, the past few weeks the acne has been forming on my forehead, mostly it is scaring from the little pimples. How can you help?
First off, one of the most common mistakes when treating acne or pimples is getting rid of it by popping it. This does not help ease acne formation but actually exacerbates its condition as it pushes the infection deeper into the skin. If you burst your pimples, this usually precipitate the eruption or growth of more pimples as the infection spread in the surrounding areas. It is best to wash your face regularly with warm water and mild soap. Tie your hair so it does not touch your face and cause further irritation. Use OTC products that can help reduce or eradicate pimple breakouts such as those that contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, Retin-A, and sulfur; to name some.
My face is full of black marks. How to get rid of it?
My face has lost its original color. I am really worried about that. Now I am using Cinnamon, but simply cinnamon and rose water, how to remove the black marks. Its like hell
Cinnamon alone will not remove dark spots. A 2-percent salicylic acid lotion or treatment can help lighten hyperpigmentation and acne scars, and it can also help to unclog pores and reduce acne. Use a thin layer once or twice a day. Lotions or serums that contain vitamin C are also effective at lightening dark spots. You can also mix a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with a tablespoon of water or rose water, and apply it to the affected areas with a cotton ball once a day. Do not mix all of these treatments, but try one at a time to avoid irritation. It can take a few days up to a few weeks to see improvement. Make sure to use sunscreen every day, as sun exposure can make the spots darker.
Good day, can you please tell me how to make the honey and cinnamon paste, thank you?
My daughter is suffering from terrible acne, we've tried everything but it gets worse
There is a cinnamon and honey mask recipe in this article. Wash and dry the affected area. Mix 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with 3 tablespoons of honey, and apply it to the affected area for an hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water, and use it once a day or every few days, as tolerated. Make sure to do a patch test on the inner arm to rule out allergies or contact dermatitis before applying it to the face. You can also check out this article for other ways to get rid of acne.
What is the best cure for acne?
I have tried everything from home remedies to drug store supplies and nothing has worked, I have an oily skin so I have no idea what to use
You can try the cinnamon tea and the cinnamon and honey mask mentioned in this article, or check out this article with all sorts of information on how to get rid of acne.
I have a really big acne problem, can I leave it on over night?
Can I leave this mixture on over night?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cinnamon Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Melissa Rae, flexicle, civilian