Use Castor Oil to Stop Male Receding Hairline
Edited by Jan Margery Castillo, Eng, Lynn, Alma and 19 others
A receding hairline can be upsetting for many men.
Although there are many commercial products on the market for receding hair, there are also holistic hair treatments that can be used. One such remedy that is often utilized as a receding hairline treatment is castor oil.
- 1 Receding Hairline Treatment: Castor Oil
- 2 Additional Tips and Suggestions
- 3 Warnings
- 4 Is Hair Loss Normal?
- 5 Proper Hair Care
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Does castor oil really work for receding hairline?
- 6.2 More information about castor oil usage?
- 6.3 Can I use castor oil to regrow hair after being on Accutane?
- 6.4 My partner has male pattern baldness. Please help?
- 6.5 How can I regrow my hair with density, healthy and strong?
- 6.6 Bald spot on my hairline after using a perm wave kit for men?
- 6.7 I am 22 years old, I am losing my hair due to dandruff and some other reason that I don't know?
- 6.8 Scalp flaky itchy after the 2 months of Minoxidil Use?
- 7 Comments
Receding Hairline Treatment: Castor Oil
This powerful oil stimulates blood circulation, revives the hair, making it shiny, smooth and luxurious. It provides nutrients to the scalp and hair roots and boosts hair growth. It does not miraculously heal baldness, but it could be a great treatment to stop hair thinning and excessive hair loss.
Benefits of Castor Oil:
Castor oil works as a remedy for many ailments, illness, and diseases. The following are other health benefits of castor oil:
- Varicose veins
- Skin tags and wart removal
- Hearing loss
- Age spots
- Sprained ankle
Castor Oil Treatment Variations:
Natural oils such as castor oil, olive oil, coconut, jojoba, peppermint, almond, and avocado oils can be competent alternatives commercial hair loss treatments. Castor oil is great at nourishing the scalp and moisturizing. It is an effective remedy for a dry, itchy and flaky scalp. This natural oil has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, making it the most efficient hair treatment for various scalp diseases.
- 1When you mix these two oils, the solution becomes smoother and more fragrant. It becomes easier to spread from root to tips. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E, which is essential in strengthening hair strands and follicles. Almond oil is also available at health stores and retailers.Castor Oil with Almond Oil.
- Mix droplets of castor oil and almond oil and apply it starting from your scalp.
- Massage your scalp well and apply oil mixture on your roots.
- Cover hair with a shower cap and leave it for an hour or overnight if preferred.
- Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner after.
- Castor oil with hair conditioner. You can always add a few drops of castor oil to your daily hair conditioner. Apply it onto your scalp and hairline every day after shampooing.
- 2This mixture helps stop hair depletion and it encourages hair growth too.Castor oil and lemon essential oil.
- Mix 8 tablespoons of castor oil and 1 tablespoon lemon essential oil in a bottle.
- Shake the bottle to combine the solution before pouring a few drops on your hands.
- Lather it up and massage it into your scalp for two minutes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes. You may use a shower cap if you like. A few hours of leaving this oil mixture on your hair is enough to treat split ends. An overnight treatment is great to treat hair loss.
- Rinse with cold water and wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Include this in your daily hair cleansing for faster hair growth.
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Castor oil is greasy. A small amount will cover a large area.
- You can also apply this treatment to your eyebrows to make them thicker.
Is Hair Loss Normal?
Human hair falls out naturally. In a day, an average of 50-150 hair strands fall out for no particular reason and subsequently, it grows back because the hair follicles are healthy. Most hair re-grows before we even know it, as long as the scalp and follicles are rich with nutrients. Hair loss happens because the "natural falling of hair" occurs rather fast, while the replacement process seems very slow. It may cause baldness if not treated immediately.
Causes of Hair Loss:
- 1This common hair loss problem is difficult to treat. There's no cure for genetically inherited hair depletion issues, but remedies can be tried to slow down the rate of hair loss. A lot of men have a receding hairline and bald patches on top of their head. The reason for hereditary hair thinning is still unknown.Genetics or Hereditary (Androgenetic Alopecia).
- 2Auto means "against self"; therefore, such diseases mean the body repeatedly attacks itself. In this case, the body becomes aggressive against its own hair. This disease attacks healthy people, and their scalp develops round bald patches. The spots on the head and other body parts are usually smooth. Hair will naturally re-grow in time, but it is advisable to consult a dermatologist for faster recovery.Autoimmune Diseases (Alopecia Areata).
- 4African women usually develop this kind of hair loss. Balding starts at the center-most part of their hair and radiates around the area. Affected areas are smooth and very shiny. The process of hair depletion can be quick or gradual. There's a burning or itchy feeling when the hair loss occurs very fast. Cure affected areas immediately before scarring occurs because it could hurt more.Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia.
- 7This is a serious medical disorder in which an individual has an obsessive urge to pull out his own hair. It may cause baldness if not treated. There are some patients who are even addicted to pulling out their nose hairs, lashes, eyebrows, and hairs on other parts of their bodies.Hair Pulling Disorder (Trichotillomania).
- 9Vitamin A-rich foods are dark leafy green vegetables, sweet potatoes, carrots, paprika, liver, dried herbs, cantaloupe and more. Hair regrowth will take place once the body stops receiving too much of this nutrient.Excessive Vitamin A intake. Moderate vitamin A intake is needed, as too much will cause hair depletion.
- 10If it continues for two to three months, hair growth will stop and eventually make scalp and hair follicles unhealthy. Eat protein-rich foods such as meats, fish, eggs, seeds, beans, and nuts. It's important to keep a balanced diet.Protein Deficiency. When there's not enough protein intake, the body rations what it gets to different body parts, excluding the hair.
- 14Some medicines may cause hair loss.
- Antibiotics or tablets that treat depression, gout, arthritis, coronary problems, and high blood pressures.
- Medicine for blood thinners.
- Anabolic steroids, particularly the ones that help build muscles.
- Contraceptive pills.
Proper Hair Care
To further prevent your hair from falling out rapidly, it is imperative to make sure you observe proper hair care. Discipline is important to maintain healthy hair follicles. Here are some tips on how to avoid hair thinning.
- Avoid frequent hair coloring or bleaching. It can make your hair brittle and break easily. Use hair gels and wax moderately too, as these chemicals can cause hair breakage.
- Exposure to too much heat is not good for the hair. Refrain from using blow dryers, straighteners, and curling irons. Just let your hair to air dry because the heat from an electric hair dryer can leave your hair fragile.
- When using hairpins, buy ones with smooth, ball-tipped surfaces. Do not use rubber bands because they may cause hair breakage when they hold your locks tightly. Anything that restricts the hair from breathing freely may cause hair damage. Make sure your hair clips fit loosely too.
- When you are used to wearing a hairstyle that constantly pulls your hair for several years, it may cause serious hair loss. Let your hair hang loosely from time to time.
- Too much combing is not good for the hair either. A hundred strokes a day is recommended to maintain the natural moisture.
- Do not rub your hair with a towel when it's wet. Squeeze or pat it instead. This helps avoid breaking the hair and will also help to control frizz.
- Make sure you are getting adequate vitamins and minerals in your diet. Vitamins and minerals are important as they help maintain hair health.
Questions and Answers
Does castor oil really work for receding hairline?
It just seems to be a really simple solution.
Yes, castor oil works for receding hairlines. It contains essential vitamins and minerals that help protect the hair, scalp, and promote hair growth. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Use castor oil regularly to see results.
More information about castor oil usage?
Is it just for men or is it safe for women as well?
Common castor oil is safe for application and consumption for both genders.
Do not consume castor oil as hair loss treatment. If you really want to avoid any toxicity, you may need to heat the freshly squeezed oil up before use. The reason for heating it up is that only the freshly squeezed castor oil contains toxic ricin that is made safe for consumption by heating.
A lot of women have reported their hair looking more lustrous after applying the oil to their scalp and hair.
Can I use castor oil to regrow hair after being on Accutane?
I was on Accutane for the last 3 months and I had noticeable hair loss (not too much). Now I am starting to use castor oil with almond oil mix, will it help to get back my hair line? I noticed my right side having thicker hair, will it help or not. Thank you in advance. I have tried: Usually, I use almond oil, now using almond with castor oil mix,. I think it was caused by: I think it's caused by Accutane, I have a little hair loss issue, but after being on Accutane I notice an increase in hair loss
Hair loss is a possible side effect of Accutane. Mixing the castor oil with almond oil is a great way to encourage new hair growth and stop hair loss. Make sure to apply it to damp hair and leave the treatment on for several hours or overnight.
See more questions like this: Can apollo castor oil also grow my eyelashes and eyebrows
My partner has male pattern baldness. Please help?
And every month the bald patches are becoming prominent, he had great hair till about 6 years ago. I want to know if castor oil can help him and how soon? I am worried he will soon go bald with the current hair loss scene.
Castor oil will help your partner. He should combine the castor oil with coconut oil for his spotty bald patch issues.
How can I regrow my hair with density, healthy and strong?
I am 20 years old male, my hair density is very low and dull. I am having excessive hair fall. I am balding gradually. How can I regrow my hair and have strong, healthy, dense hair. Please suggest me some sure resulting and good tips.
Add foods rich in iron, magnesium, and potassium to your diet as well as take a B vitamin complex supplement daily. Applying the castor oil method mentioned above will help you in addition to changing some of your diet as suggested.
Bald spot on my hairline after using a perm wave kit for men?
I'm a male and have an Issue. I used a perm for waves a few months ago and ended up leaving it in while it was burning and now I have a bald spot right on the corner of my hairline and I have been seeing treatments like the bald spot treatment was wondering would that help it grow back? I'm a male, 27 years old. Just want to know before I buy it, will that treatment help my bald spot grow back on my hairline?
Use coconut oil and Vitamin E daily to first heal the damage done by the perm. Cocoa butter would help as well. Two times a week apply the castor oil method stated above.
I am 22 years old, I am losing my hair due to dandruff and some other reason that I don't know?
Problem on head please solve my problem
Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice into a tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply and after 30 minutes wash your hair as you normally would. Repeat this process daily until you see improvement and then you will only have to do the treatment periodically.
Scalp flaky itchy after the 2 months of Minoxidil Use?
My scalp started a bit flaky itchy after the 2 months of Minoxidil use, looking for some sort of oil or Mask, something to make scalp healthy. (Coconut Milk, ACV, Jojoba oil).. whatever you suggest
Minoxidil takes about four months to see results and during those 4 months, you can develop an itchy scalp due to inflammation of your hair follicles. To treat the itchy scalp, use a gentle shampoo and apply the castor oil stated above twice a week. I would not recommend apple cider vinegar as your scalp is irritated enough with the minoxidil. You could also take a small amount of coconut oil and apply it to your scalp daily, experiment with what amount will help your scalp but not appear too oily.
Categories : Hair Loss
Recent edits by: shikag, Maria, Doug Collins