Use Castor Oil to Stop Male Receding Hairline
Edited by Jan Margery Castillo, Anonymous, Eng, Lynn and 18 others
A receding hairline can be upsetting for many men.
Although there are many commercial products on the market for receding hair, there are also holistic hair treatments that can be used. One such remedy that is often utilized as a receding hairline treatment is castor oil.
- 1 Receding Hairline Treatment: Castor Oil
- 2 Additional Tips and Suggestions
- 3 Warnings
- 4 Is Hair Loss Normal?
- 5 Proper Hair Care
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Does castor oil really work for receding hairline?
- 6.2 More information about castor oil usage?
- 6.3 Can I use castor oil to regrow hair after being on Accutane?
- 6.4 How I cure dandruff permanently?
- 6.5 Would taking castor oil for other ailments cause any unwanted side effects for hair?
- 6.6 I'm new to using castor oil for hair loss?
- 6.7 How to prevent hair fall and help to grow hair in the bald areas?
- 6.8 Remedies for regrowing hair on bald scalp?
- 6.9 Is all brand of castor oil can be use or effective as a hair grower?
- 6.10 My partner has male pattern baldness. Please help?
- 6.11 How can I regrow my hair with density, healthy and strong?
- 6.12 How can I stop balding and how to care for my hairs?
- 6.13 I have just tonsured my head. I want a good hair oil for better results?
- 6.14 Bald spot on my hairline after using a perm wave kit for men?
- 6.15 I am 22 years old, I am losing my hair due to dandruff and some other reason that I don't know?
- 6.16 Scalp flaky itchy after the 2 months of Minoxidil Use?
- 7 Comments
Receding Hairline Treatment: Castor Oil
This powerful oil stimulates blood circulation, revives the hair, making it shiny, smooth and luxurious. It provides nutrients to the scalp and hair roots and boosts hair growth. It does not miraculously heal baldness, but it could be a great treatment to stop hair thinning and excessive hair loss.
Benefits of Castor Oil:
Castor oil works as a remedy to many ailments, illnesses and diseases. The following are other health benefits of castor oil:
- Varicose veins
- Skin tags and wart removal
- Hearing loss
- Age spots
- Sprained ankle
Castor Oil Treatment Variations:
Natural oils such as castor oil, olive oil, coconut, jojoba, peppermint, almond, and avocado oils can be competent alternatives commercial hair loss treatments. Castor oil is great at nourishing the scalp and moisturizing. It is an effective remedy for dry, itchy and flaky scalp. This natural oil has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties, making it the most efficient hair treatment for various scalp diseases.
- 1Castor Oil with Almond Oil.When you mix these two oils, the solution becomes smoother and more fragrant. It becomes easier to spread from root to tips. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E, which is essential in strengthening hair strands and follicles. Almond oil is also available at health stores and retailers.
- Mix droplets of castor oil and almond oil and apply it starting from your scalp.
- Massage your scalp well and apply oil mixture on your roots.
- Cover hair with a shower cap and leave it for an hour or overnight if preferred.
- Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner after.
- Castor oil with hair conditioner. You can always add a few drops of castor oil to your daily hair conditioner. Apply it onto your scalp and hairline every day after shampooing.
- 2Castor oil and lemon essential oil.This mixture helps stop hair depletion and it encourages hair growth too.
- Mix 8 tablespoons of castor oil and 1 tablespoon lemon essential oil in a bottle.
- Shake the bottle to combine the solution before pouring a few drops on your hands.
- Lather it up and massage it onto your scalp for two minutes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes. You may use a shower cap if you like. A few hours of leaving this oil mixture on your hair is enough to treat split ends. An overnight treatment is great to treat hair loss.
- Rinse with cold water and wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Include this in your daily hair cleansing for faster hair growth.
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Castor oil is greasy. A small amount will cover a large area.
- You can also apply this treatment to your eyebrows to make them thicker.
Is Hair Loss Normal?
Human hair falls out naturally. In a day, an average of 50-150 hair strands fall out for no particular reason and subsequently, it grows back because the hair follicles are healthy. Most hair re-grows before we even know it, as long as the scalp and follicles are rich with nutrients. Hair loss happens because the "natural falling of hair" occurs rather fast, while the replacement process seems very slow. It may cause baldness if not treated immediately.
Causes of Hair Loss:
- 1Genetics or Hereditary (Androgenetic Alopecia).This common hair loss problem is difficult to treat. There's no cure for genetically inherited hair depletion issues, but remedies can be tried to slow down the rate of hair loss. A lot of men have a receding hairline and bald patches on top of their head. The reason for hereditary hair thinning is still unknown.
- 2Autoimmune Diseases (Alopecia Areata).Auto means "against self"; therefore, such diseases mean the body repeatedly attacks itself. In this case, the body becomes aggressive against its own hair. This disease attacks healthy people, and their scalp develops round bald patches. The spots on the head and other body parts are usually smooth. Hair will naturally re-grow in time, but it is advisable to consult a dermatologist for faster recovery.
- 4Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia.African women usually develop this kind of hair loss. Balding starts at the center-most part of their hair and radiates around the area. Affected areas are smooth and very shiny. The process of hair depletion can be quick or gradual. There's a burning or itchy feeling when the hair loss occurs very fast. Cure affected areas immediately before scarring occurs because it could hurt more.
- 7Hair Pulling Disorder (Trichotillomania).This is a serious medical disorder in which an individual has an obsessive urge to pull out his own hair. It may cause baldness if not treated. There are some patients who are even addicted to pulling out their nose hairs, lashes, eyebrows, and hairs on other parts of their bodies.
- 9Excessive Vitamin A intake. Moderate vitamin A intake is needed, as too much will cause hair depletion.Vitamin A-rich foods are dark leafy green vegetables, sweet potatoes, carrots, paprika, liver, dried herbs, cantaloupe and more. Hair regrowth will take place once the body stops receiving too much of this nutrient.
- 10Protein Deficiency. When there's not enough protein intake, the body rations what it gets to different body parts, excluding the hair.If it continues for two to three months, hair growth will stop and eventually make scalp and hair follicles unhealthy. Eat protein-rich foods such as meats, fish, eggs, seeds, beans and nuts. It's important to keep a balanced diet.
Proper Hair Care
To further prevent your hair from falling out rapidly, it is imperative to make sure you observe proper hair care. Discipline is important to maintain healthy hair follicles. Here are some tips on how to avoid hair thinning.
- Avoid frequent hair coloring or bleaching. It can make your hair brittle and break easily. Use hair gels and wax moderately too, as these chemicals can cause air breakage.
- Exposure to too much heat is not good for the hair. Refrain from using blow dryers, straighteners, and curling irons. Just let your hair to air dry because the heat from an electric hair dryer can leave your hair fragile.
- When using hairpins, buy ones with smooth, ball-tipped surfaces. Do not use rubber bands because they may cause hair breakage when they hold your locks tightly. Anything that restricts the hair from breathing freely may cause hair damage. Make sure your hair clips fit loosely too.
- When you are used to wearing a hairstyle that constantly pulls your hair for several years, it may cause serious hair loss. Let your hair hang loose from time to time.
- Too much combing is not good for the hair either. A hundred strokes a days is recommended to maintain the natural moisture.
- Do not rub your hair with a towel when it's wet. Squeeze or pat it instead. This helps avoid breaking the hair and will also help to control frizz.
- Make sure you are getting adequate vitamins and minerals in your diet. Vitamins and minerals are important as they help maintain hair health.
Questions and Answers
Does castor oil really work for receding hairline?
It just seems to be a really simple solution.
Yes, castor oil really works for receding hairlines. It contains essential vitamins and minerals that help protect the hair, scalp, and promote hair growth. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Use castor oil regularly to see results.
See more questions like this: Can I mix Jojoba and castor oils for my receding hairline
More information about castor oil usage?
Is it just for men or is it safe for women as well?
Common castor oil is safe for application and consumption for both genders.
Do not consume castor oil as hair loss treatment. If you really want to avoid any toxicity, you may need to heat the freshly squeezed oil up before use. The reason for heating it up is that only the freshly squeezed castor oil contains toxic ricin that is made safe for consumption by heating.
A lot of women have reported their hair looking more lustrous after applying the oil to their scalp and hair.
Can I use castor oil to regrow hair after being on Accutane?
I was on Accutane since last 3 months and I had noticeable hair loss (not too much). Now I am starting to use castor oil with almond oil mix, will it help to get back my hair line? I noticed my right side having thicker hair, will it help or not. Thank you in advance. I have tried: Usually I use almond oil, now using almond with castor oil mix,. I think it was caused by: I think its caused by Accutane, I have a little hair loss issue, but after being on Accutane I notice an increase in hair loss
Hair loss is a possible side effect of Accutane. Mixing the castor oil with almond oil is a great way to encourage new hair growth and stop hair loss. Make sure to apply it to damp hair and leave the treatment on for several hours or overnight.
See more questions like this: Hi, does castor oil make your hair thicker if its already thin? Also does it grow hair if your forehead is receding?
How I cure dandruff permanently?
'If I use anti-fungal sculpture lotion for 10 days and after that I use castor oil with olive oil then is it possible to get rid of dandruff as well as hair loss.
It's possible. The deciding factor would be the cause of your dandruff. If the cause isn't addressed then you may not be able to remedy your dandruff problem by using techniques to keep the problem at bay.
Would taking castor oil for other ailments cause any unwanted side effects for hair?
I am a little bit confused about my hair loss. I am having castor oil daily at night about 10ml for my itching and stomach problem.
It should not cause any unwanted side effects for your hair. Ingestion of castor oil may help with internal problems like stomach issues. However, it needs to be applied topically for hair regrowth.
See more questions like this: I have thin hairs, my mother also have thin hair
I'm new to using castor oil for hair loss?
I'm 25 and I beginning to see my hair is not as full as it has been in the past. I've found out that males on my mom's side tend to go bald. I've always had a low iron in my body, and my general lifestyle is probably not helping as I sit in a cube all day. I have put on like 20 extra pounds.
Even though you have a genetic predisposition towards hair loss, there are a lot of options available to help improve your hair growth. I've linked three articles below that should help you to accomplish this. Just follow any precautions, and as with all natural remedies, test a little on your skin first to make sure you aren't allergic to any of the ingredients.
There are also three other great VisiHow articles on this topic that may be of interest to you:
See more questions like this: Apollo castor oil for hair loss
How to prevent hair fall and help to grow hair in the bald areas?
I have been losing my hair since 2004. I am 31+ years old and still I am fighting to prevent hair-fall.... before using castor oil, I used Minoxidil 2% solution, didn't help it that much, so I am using castor oil with coconut oil. Please tell me will that help to prevent my hair fall and help to grow new hair? You are heading in the right direction to preventing hair loss. Re evaluate your nutrition and make sure that you are adding foods high in antioxidants to your diet as well as fish twice a week. The omega 3 and antioxidants will boost your bodies hair retention.
See more questions like this: Can I get hair on bald spots naturally?
Remedies for regrowing hair on bald scalp?
I am suffering from hair fall problem for about 3 years. My forehead scalp almost became plain. Is there any remedy to regrow hair on that area? I don't want to use chemicals. Is castor oil helpful in regrow ? or is there any other natural treatment to regrow hair?
Yes castor oil is beneficial to front hair loss.
Is all brand of castor oil can be use or effective as a hair grower?
I bought Apollo castor oil but I don't know if it works because it is not shown as I research for remedies on receding hairline
You want an unrefined castor oil to see maximum benefits.
My partner has male pattern baldness. Please help?
And every month the bald patches are becoming prominent, he had great hair till about 6 years ago. I want to know if castor oil can help him and how soon? I am worried he will soon go bald with the current hair loss scene.
Castor oil will help your partner. He should combine the castor oil with coconut oil for his spotty bald patch issues.
See more questions like this: Male pattern baldness, but it is not genetic?
How can I regrow my hair with density, healthy and strong?
I am 20 years old male, my hair density is very low and dull. I am having excessive hair fall. I am balding gradually. How can I regrow my hair and have strong, healthy, dense hair. Please suggest me some sure resulting and good tips.
Add foods rich in iron, magnesium and potassium to your diet as well as take a B vitamin complex supplement daily. Applying the castor oil method mentioned above will help you in addition to changing some of your diet as suggested.
How can I stop balding and how to care for my hairs?
I have problem of itchy scalp, dandruff, pimples on the head and balding rapidly
Coconut oil and castor oil are both oils that have anti-fungal properties to help with itchy scalps and breakouts. The castor oil will also help restore the PH levels of your scalp to healthy ratios.
I have just tonsured my head. I want a good hair oil for better results?
I have started having baldness in center.
Follow the steps above and apply the castor oil focusing on the crown of your head. Switch your pillowcase to a satin fabric which will be more gentle on your hair as you sleep.
Bald spot on my hairline after using a perm wave kit for men?
I'm a male and have an Issue. I used a perm for waves a few months ago and ended up leaving it in while, it was burning and now I have a bald spot right on the corner of my hairline and I have been seeing treatments like the bald spot treatment was wondering would that help it grow back? I'm a male, 27 years old. Just want to know before I buy it, will that treatment help my bald spot grow back on my hairline?
Use coconut oil and Vitamin E daily to first heal the damage done by the perm. Cocoa butter would help as well. Two times a week apply the castor oil method stated above.
I am 22 years old, I am losing my hair due to dandruff and some other reason that I don't know?
Problem on head please solve my problem
Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice into a tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply and after 30 minutes wash your hair as you normally would. Repeat this process daily until you see improvement and then you will only have to do the treatment periodically.
Scalp flaky itchy after the 2 months of Minoxidil Use?
My scalp started a bit flaky itchy after the 2 months of Minoxidil use, looking for some sort of oil or Mask, something to make scalp healthy. (Coconut Milk, ACV, Jojoba oil).. whatever you suggest
Minoxidil takes about four months to see results and during those 4 months you can develop an itchy scalp due to inflammation of your hair follicles. To treat the itchy scalp, use a gentle shampoo and apply the castor oil stated above twice a week. I would not recommend apple cider vinegar as your scalp is irritated enough with the minoxidil. You could also take a small amount of coconut oil and apply it to your scalp daily, experiment with what amount will help your scalp but not appear too oily.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hair Loss
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Inukshuk, vali367