Use Book Cover Settings for Samsung Note 10.1
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
You're watching VisiHow. In this video tutorial, we are going to review "Book cover" settings in "Accessories" on the Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Edition).
- 4We tap once on "Accessories".In the "Accessories" menu, we locate the last option, "Book cover". It has three different settings. We will find "Automatic unlock", "Daynote", and "Unit":
- "Automatic unlock" reads: "Flip the cover open to unlock the screen when secure lock is turned off."
- "Daynote" reads: "Shows a quick note pad with the date, time, weather, your schedule, and drawings when you open the book cover."
- "Unit" reads: "°C".
- 7Now, we will imitate the book cover to use the "Daynote" and "Automatic unlock" functions.For the purpose of the tutorial, the screen lock has been turned off. Now, a cover will be used to imitate a book cover. After we remove the cover, the tablet will show the "Daynote" screen instead of the lock screen.
- 11To turn off the "Book cover" settings, we uncheck "Automatic unlock".There will be no green checkmark.Advertisement
This has been a video tutorial on "Book cover" settings in "Accessories" on the Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Edition). Thank you for watching VisiHow! Please feel free to leave a comment, question, or suggestion in the space provided below.
Video: Use Book Cover Settings for Samsung Note 10.1
Questions and Answers
The automatic unlock setting in Samsung tablet?
Do we need to have a certain cover case in order for this setting to work. I have tried: I have a case but its for an iPad but I just use it for now and I tried to open and close it but the screen will not turn on when I open it
You will need a book cover exactly for your Samsung model. If it is Samsung Note 10.1 book cover, then it will not work on Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition. You will need to buy the 2014 Edition cover. On the Samsung web site, you can see with which models a specific book cover is compatible by scrolling down to the "COMPATIBLE PRODUCTS" section.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Alexander Avdeev